Sponsored

Search results

  1. 🙋‍♂️ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today?

    None that I see. This socket is pretty 'right sized.' Impact rated but not as thick walled. (Duralast, from whatever parts store sells that brand, IIRC.) We'll see if that changes over time, although I was looking at 'wheel safe' sockets so there's a good chance I'll add one to the tool box.
  2. Introducing Stage Series Infrared (IR) Lighting | Diode Dynamics

    What kind of fool would buy something like this, possibly in a few weeks? (Me, I'm the fool. lol)
  3. 🙋‍♂️ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today?

    I did my first tire rotation and second oil change at just under 11k miles this weekend. For decades I have rotated my own tires using a breaker bar and torque wrench. Why it took me this long to buy an impact wrench I'll never know. What a time (and joints) saver. Today's photo op with tools...
  4. 🙋‍♂️ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today?

    I didn't even think about it at the time. I had just pulled in to the parking lot in my company vehicle after picking up lunch, so I was thinking more about my spicy BBQ chicken strips. :D
  5. 🙋‍♂️ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today?

    At work, our landscaper got his zero turn mower stuck in our mucky grass by a drainage ditch/retention pond. I pulled him out with my Maverick using my towstrap and hitch.
  6. 🙋‍♂️ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today?

    My most recent car, a 2016 Scat Pack Challenger, needed a little trickery to not get oil on things, but my wife's 2022 RAM 5.7L is like staging a surgery: I have several rags draped all around the work area inside to protect everything from the oil when the filter gets loosened and then removed...
  7. 🙋‍♂️ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today?

    I did my first oil change today. Nothing crazy, but I have to comment on something Ford did right vs. so many other companies: The oil filter did not require any Solo cup or Zip-Loc bag tricks to keep oil from getting on things like steering racks, control arms, sub-frame, etc. Right in front...
  8. Questions about Car Scanner Pro reading for 12v battery

    I don't know the ins and outs of the hybrid system itself, but when charging a car battery, it's done at a 'float voltage.' It's basically a maintenance charge that offsets the natural discharge, keeping the battery chemistry and plates healthy. The 14-ish VDC is typical for a lead-acid 12VDC...
  9. Opening a (Catch) Can Of Worms And Other Possibly Dumb Questions As A New Owner. (Long)

    It's another one of the things from my original post where I think the money will be better spent elsewhere. They do look cool, though.
  10. Opening a (Catch) Can Of Worms And Other Possibly Dumb Questions As A New Owner. (Long)

    I have saved myself from that a few times by searching the online version of the owner's manual.
  11. Opening a (Catch) Can Of Worms And Other Possibly Dumb Questions As A New Owner. (Long)

    The more I have thought about it since making this post, I'm holding off on exhaust modification. I think a lot of them sound cool, but I think the money will be better spent elsewhere. It's been a lot of fun so far, much better on gas (MPG as well as premium vs. regular) vs. my Challenger, and...
  12. Opening a (Catch) Can Of Worms And Other Possibly Dumb Questions As A New Owner. (Long)

    The EcoBoost is the only context I had ever heard 'clean' and 'dirty' side before, so I wasn't sure how different it was from any other vehicle I have had where catch cans were hotly debated. Everything I have ever put a catch can on has been after the PCV, and with mixed results depending on...
  13. Problem Installing Homelink Mirror Plug-N-Play

    No, I got what you meant. The humorous thing was another tech and myself were just talking about how our nimbleness has faded over the years and how we compensate for changes in technology as everything becomes smaller. I officially have more pictures of magnified pin-outs and part numbers than...
  14. Problem Installing Homelink Mirror Plug-N-Play

    Unfortunately the deteriorating dexterity is actually from a career of wire work in telecom; hardwiring, crimping, soldering, creating and modifying a variety of connectors and modules, and so on. :p
  15. --

    My very first morning commute in my Maverick on a rural highway was foggy, and the high beams kept kicking on and off depending on the density. I turned that right off. I do have to admit that, being in Florida, I like that it kicks on the compressor when it gets too humid if running vent only...
  16. Problem Installing Homelink Mirror Plug-N-Play

    Mopar uses them for a variety of connections, too. Usually the lock is red or orange, so it's more obvious that 'I need to be worked first!' I also wonder if it's like the security bolt in the bracket over the gateway module connector where you plug in current model autostop eliminators: Too...
  17. Problem Installing Homelink Mirror Plug-N-Play

    It doesn't help that my eyes are older and my dexterity ain't what it used to be, too.
  18. Problem Installing Homelink Mirror Plug-N-Play

    I got it, that little grey 'lock' just took a little more effort than I expected.
  19. Problem Installing Homelink Mirror Plug-N-Play

    I cannot seem to get this connector undone. What am I missing? I've tried pressing on all of the obvious places, even used a thin spudger to press down what I assume is the section that latches just above that blob of paint on the connector. Does that grey piece need to be popped out first? My...
  20. 🙋‍♂️ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today?

    Which magsafe charger are you using? I have a 12V plug-in currently, I'd rather have a hardwire version. (But don't want to hack this one up.) I work with DC power for work (-48VDC telecom eqpt) I'll see what I can figure out.




Top