I did that already 😄
A throwback to the older trucks that had badges on the hood lines.
I used these: https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/m-16098-pbfp.html
You don't have front parking sensors, so you could use the Mabett style mount without worrying about any sensor warnings. You would still slightly block the intercooler, but I tow a 2k lb camper with this one mounted and it does just fine.
I wonder if a "burnt orange" would be a closer match? Something like this?
https://iiidmax.com/products/iiid-max-classic-pla?variant=46537612722330&country=US¤cy=USD
I bought a pre-made splitter for that connector from eBay and it connects to pin 12. I really like the 10 minutes grace period since I don't want to leave it running all the time anyway.
I just installed mine today and placed it a bit higher up behind the mirror at the edge of the black dotted area. It just clears the mirror cutout in the Ford windshield shade:
Solved a dilemma this week with the magic of 3D printing!
Backstory: When my Mav was new, I picked up a brand new still-in-the-box Ford bed extender from FB Marketplace. The only problem was the original purchaser had left the bed-side brackets installed on the truck when he traded it in.
The...
We have the Maker 3 model. The wife uses it to make signs, t-shirt iron ons, hat designs, etc. It is a neat machine!
For that file, it was basically a matter of finding the best picture online of the tailgate letters in a flat orientation, and then using Adobe Capture to turn that into an SVG...
Here's the file. There are some extra pieces that get cut out just to take up more space, but all the letters are there:
You'll want to scale the image down to exactly 5.7in x 8.55in in the Cricut design center before cutting.
I did find a Ford page just now that purportedly shows the updates your vehicle has received within the last 90 days, but my VIN says no updates recorded 🤔
https://www.ford.com/support/software-updates
You can turn off automatic updates altogether through the app or on the center screen. Then you would just rely on getting the updates when you go in for dealer services.
I did consider doing this, but I mistakenly thought that there would be a notification somewhere to let me know when one...