Sponsored

Search results

  1. Added Tailgate letters and Tailgate Applique

    Re: 3D printed letters, If you use petg or anything other than PLA and make the letters ~ 1/8 in the letters will not curl. Mine have been on thru 4 seasons and look great!
  2. Lobo at The Dragon.

    I've run the TOD 5 or 6 times, each time on a different bike (lost count). I did it at night in late December in rain with snowbanks on the shoulders once (don't ask!). The Dragon is a 'bucket list' technical run to check off but the Cherohala Skyway is far more enjoyable to run at speed IMHO.
  3. Radar Detector Recommendation?

    I have been running Uniden RDs since returning to motorcycling 20 years ago. I have an R3, R4, and R7 spread across my rides. All still work well. The R7/8s have direction arrows. These units are amazing at filtering out the BS alerts and warning you with plenty of time to make any corrections...
  4. Tailgate Lettering Choices - opinions?

    3D print your own. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:7131845
  5. Anyone using a radar detector in their Maverick?

    I list reaction time under the SKILL umbrella. I know far too many 'younger-than-I drivers' that do very badly at Whack-A-Mole. The ones that ride motorcycles sometimes become statistics. I think we can all agree that speed, in the wrong hands, is dangerous. That said, I'm keeping my R7 for...
  6. Anyone using a radar detector in their Maverick?

    SPEED does not KILL. Unskilled, distracted, emotional drivers, and/or poorly maintained equipment kills. Speed AMPLIFIES damage. IMHO :angel:
  7. Anyone using a radar detector in their Maverick?

    At 79, I realize my time is limited so I speed to waste the least amount of my life in the car.
  8. Anyone using a radar detector in their Maverick?

    "It’s really easy to NOT speed." :frown: If you drive an interstate highway at or below the limit in most states I've driven in, you will be mowed down! Seems like the police have no issues with 10/20+ over 'suggested limit'.
  9. Anyone using a radar detector in their Maverick?

    I run a Uniden R7 in my Mav. I also have a R4 on my motorcycle. The R7 directional arrows and ability to 'tune' the scanning make it hands down the best detector on the market. Minimum of 1/2 mile alerts, sometimes 1 mile with virtually no false alerts. They have saved me and my lead-foot wife...
  10. Pay-per-mile vs Gas Tax

    I just read thru this entire thread and can summarize for any new viewers. #1 If you have a hybrid or EV our government will ADD to our TAX burden. #2 Our governments have hired countless cronies to invent complex plans and administrators to enforce collection. #3 The simple solution would be...
  11. Spare Tire Tools-What is this plastic part?

    Meh. The gas thief is just gonna punch a hole in the tank. No prints, out of sight. Better armor-plate the tank while you're adding the locking cap!
  12. I'm using FORScan app for windows need to find where to look in the app?

    If the goal is to back up without disturbing someone (late return home, etc.) you could install a switch to kill the beep temporarily.
  13. Aerodynamics question

    I could be wrong but I don't think a spoiler will do anything at the lower speeds you run off-road. Spoilers need lots of AIR to be effective.
  14. Only dumb people buy Ford Mavericks.....

    Dumb?! I confess! My wife told me to get the Maverick! :angel:
  15. Holes in bed sidewall.

    They are so you can buy accessories from Ford to fill the holes. :angel:
  16. (Article) The Feds Plan To Start Diluting Gasoline (E15)This May

    All I know is both my motorcycles say DON'T USE 15% ETHANAL because it eats engines.
  17. Driving The Tail of The Dragon

    To be fair, riding the Dragon in rain at 9pm in late December was pretty open too!
  18. Driving The Tail of The Dragon

    My buddies and I consider the Dragon a "technical" road. A couple of the "fun" roads have been mentioned but there's so many others in them thar hills! Rattler, Snake, BRP, Moonshiner, are a few to the east. Lots more in all directions. It's a biker's playground.
  19. Driving The Tail of The Dragon

    It's a Darwin test. 318 turns in 11 miles. Lots of of 'free air' opportunities!




Top