Sponsored

Search results

  1. Torque Vector RDU Fluid Change

    I just did it and only managed to get in .85-.9 of the quart. My theory is that there are some casting depressions that hold oil that doesn’t escape through the drain plug. It’s possible that you tilting it forward corrected that, but then the fill being tilted forward also gives more room...
  2. Torque Vector RDU Fluid Change

    What fluid did you use? Also if it was jacked up on ramps like that and not level, that’s why it ate the whole quart
  3. How is your Ecoboost doing on MPG?

    I average 26.5 (on pretty much every tank) which is probably unheard of for a Tremor, but that's a 60/40 highway/city split. In the city I take off like a grandma to stay out of boost and it really keeps the average up lmao
  4. Service your RDU and PTU EARLY!

    I did my RDU at 14,950 today and honestly the fluid that came out was pretty pristine looking. Only a little bit of sludge on the magnet. I know the twin clutch dana units are different but they seem to wear better than the standard one. We'll see when I do it again at 45k. I plan to do the PTU...
  5. Stuttery/hiccupy acceleration after cold start

    Seems like it depends on the conditions and how long you wait and idle before driving off, when I leave my complex there’s enough speed bumps and low speed driving that I don’t notice it at all once I get to the main road. When I leave my campus I get right up to 50mph straight out of the...
  6. Stuttery/hiccupy acceleration after cold start

    Oh good, I’m glad it’s normal then so I can stop worrying about it, lol. Thank you.
  7. Stuttery/hiccupy acceleration after cold start

    Does anyone else have this? If I let the truck sit for like 5 ish hours and then pull off, the first acceleration event or two is super unsmooth, it's like you can feel the throttle closing and reopening repeatedly. Doesn't seem to have anything to do with the trans trying to shift, its just...
  8. Maverick Jack Points — How Do You Prevent Pinch Weld Damage?

    The pinch weld can too, it’s reinforced the entire length of the car. I just use a hockey puck for a softened connection and microfibers on jack stands.
  9. 1600 miles and this: condensation in front and tail lights

    Is it only on really humid days? It really shouldn’t do that but ford will tell you a small amount is normal lol
  10. Bed temperature readings from temperature sensor installed in the bed

    It makes a big difference in my experience but the sun heat soak still eventually seeps in after a long enough period
  11. Noisy cabin with road noise - how to reduce and make quieter?

    I've wondered why there's so much variance with this. I don't consider my XLT to be loud on the highway at all, but some people say these are horrible. I wonder if it's mostly a tire thing?
  12. Two and half weeks into owning my 26 Ruby Red Hybrid Lariat, I found that you can make the passenger seat sit lower

    I found this out but then felt bad because the lowest point isn't really obvious, I kept pumping and then the handle just kind of deflects around the ratchet with a bad noise and made me worry I broke something (luckily it did not lol)
  13. Another reason it suxxx. WINDSHIELD

    Utah is brutal on windshields and so far I just have some surface chips. People like OP tail gate everyone and blame the windshield lmao
  14. Is there a code to reduce the lowest blower fan speed?

    I guess freezing isn’t the right term, but it does reduce the amount of heat available to the refrigerant and thus changes the pressure differential in the system which can cause various components to have to work harder. I’m no hvac technician though. I know the system tries to maintain the set...
  15. Is there a code to reduce the lowest blower fan speed?

    I’ve noticed if I leave mine on level one long enough it will bump itself up randomly for a while. I assume it’s to keep the evaporator from freezing since the truck is built around an industrial AC unit
  16. "Oh No, you'll lose your warranty" - -who has a real world example?

    Yes, axles are a common failure on 22-24 minus tremor models.
  17. 🚨Costco Now Rationing Motor Oil - Global Shortage Is Getting Real [⛔️ ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

    Honestly, this is as good a time as ever to increase your interval. I've been a 5000 miles change guy my whole life, but I have yet to see any good evidence why 7500 isn't a perfectly fine interval with modern oil quality, even in a dirty engine like the ecoboost unless you have horrible driving...
  18. Hertz selling 2026 Mavericks

    I think they have to conform to the manufacturer maintenance schedule for warranty compliance, so the oil has to at least meet the Ford spec. I personally wouldn’t worry about it
  19. 2022 Maverick Hybrid crash

    What’s the part number? The vacuum one still has an electric plug on it
  20. 2022 Maverick Hybrid crash

    In case anyone cares I checked mine and it did have the vacuum booster which puts me at ease lol




Top