Sponsored

Search results

  1. Dissimilar Full-Sized Spare Tire on AWD Mavericks

    It says it right in the owners manual. Page 183. I've never had the spare on to verify, but it's supposed to put up a message that says "4WD/AWD Off" when using the spare.
  2. Dissimilar Full-Sized Spare Tire on AWD Mavericks

    I thought the same thing when I got my truck. I researched it. When the spare is used, AWD is deactivated. In other words, if only three of the TPMS sensors report, AWD is deactivated. That's how they get away with a tire that is a different size.
  3. SV300T Package Price: $15,595

    $50k.....wow, what a joke. They must be factoring in the cost of the transmission which is sure to explode while under warranty. LOL
  4. What would you like to see Ford do for the next gen Maverick

    Homelink, and perforated/ventilated seats on Lariat. (I added a Kia mirror already.) Better plastics on the interior that don't scratch so easily. A 2.3 ecoboost option with a better transmission. For that matter a better transmission for the 2.0 as well.
  5. Brake issues

    Brakes wearing faster on newer cars today could be caused by traction control. Do you drive in a lot of snow, rain, dirt, ice? The reason the all wheel drive works so well is the brakes are being applied by the computer often for traction purposes. Shifting the power from the spinning wheel...
  6. Hybrid or EcoBoost — Which One Would You Buy Again?

    I came here today to say this^^^ I bought my 2024 when the 2025 were already out. I also have Lariat Ecoboost FX4 4k. I didn't need the extra cost/capability of the Tremor but wanted skidplates and some off road modes. Did the 4k for the added cooling. To answer the original question. I...
  7. Real world experience: $409 Ford installed Realtruck tonneau cover

    I had the similar Gator soft roll up for the first year. It looked and sealed okay but at highway speeds it made a lot of noise. These trucks being unibody the sound is loud. I ended up going with a Worksport AL4.
  8. ECO Mode ON/OFF experiment (with data) - Highway driving

    I just did a 14 hour trip (each way) from Michigan to the Carolina coast. I added Eco through Forscan. It absolutely helps on the highway. I averaged 28.4 overall, and had it as high as 31.5 through the slower sections of Ohio. I believe it accelerates slower with the cruise control on is...
  9. 2027 Maverick Changes / Updates / Upgrades. Order Banks Open Today

    Makes my 2024 a real unicorn. LOL 2.0 Eco AWD, Lariat Lux (they all were in 24), FX4, 4K. I chose it over the 2025 that was already out because of the way it was optioned.
  10. 1000 mile trip and I only average 24mpg. No matter if I go 55, 65, 75, or 85. This is what I get?

    I average 23.4 mix of highway and city. Best MPG ever was 28 on a two lane stretch going 65. Going 75-80 its around 25. Mine has the trailer tow package, and I put 245/65/17 Cooper Road and Trail ATs on. I probably lost 2 MPG from the tires. I did reset the tire size with forscan so the...
  11. Maverick Rear speaker questions

    The rears really don't do much. They were the last thing I did after upgrading the front stage and adding a 10" sub. I went with entry level Morel Maximos (I put Morel Tempo Ultra's in the front.) Sound deadening made a big difference as well.
  12. Recommend to me a quality tire pressure gauge?

    I have the Jaco that won the comparison on Project Farm and it is spot on. I also have a Jaco tire repair kit in my other rig. They make good stuff.
  13. When to change oil in time wise, not miles

    Lot of factors such as temp changes and short trips or long trips effects intervals. My parents have a 2.0 ecoboost Fusion. They put less than 3000 miles a year on the car. I still change it once a year. Temp changes in Michigan and lots of short trips.
  14. Giveaway! Quick Survey – What Matters Most When Choosing Floor Mats?

    Coverage, fitment, and durability. I have the factory "winter" ones and they are okay. Living in Michigan, with lots of salt and slush in the winter, car mats have to come up high and contain water.
  15. Michelin CrossClimate 2 tires fantastic!!

    Totally agree. I went with Cooper Road and Trail ATs on my FX4. I had Cross Climate 2's on my previous vehicle, a Mazda CX5 Turbo. They were unbelievable in the snow and also handle really well in the dry. Sharp steering.
  16. RokBlokz Mud Flaps Installed on Cactus Gray XLT FX4

    I put these on right when I got the thruck and they are great. Just firm enough, just enough give. I also like the fact that they are flat and dirt doesn't catch in them and rub the paint. Pricey, but you get what you pay for. Even the hardware is all stainless and of good quality.
  17. New tires and wheels and now it pulls and steers bad

    I'll second this. Switch the tires side to side. If it pulls the other way or acts differently immediately take the truck back to where you bought the tires and demand they swap for them for a different set.
  18. Recommend a battery tender for AGM?

    CTek MXS 5. I have a couple of these and they seem to work better than the Schumachers and Nocos I've tried over the years. I've used them on both flooded and AGM. It does a good job of deep charging the battery then floating it. A lot of the other chargers I've tried may charge faster, but...
  19. Rival Santa Cruz to be cancelled

    Looks like the competition now will be Toyota https://autos.yahoo.com/articles/toyota-finally-confirms-small-truck-144500668.html




Top