Make sure you are comparing apples to apples when buying auto insurance. You want adequate coverage to fix your vehicle or replace it in the event of an accident. As for liability coverage, I buy as much as it takes (usually $500k single limit) to meet the minimum level for an umbrella policy to...
In November of last year I bought one for $20 on Amazon, but it is no longer available. It has been flawless and actually better than the Motorola model, but I realize it could quit on me tomorrow. With it, I get the temporary onscreen warning that the USB device isn't recognized and to remove...
With 10 ft. lumber, I raised the tailgate and set the hitch extender's height accordingly. The front of the lumber is resting on one of the 2x inserts and tied down also.
I like the "why make it easy" response. Not a bad habit, especially if you are posting about misc. installs like guns safes and expensive items. Databases are hacked all the time.
I'm 72. Bought my '24 Hybrid to replace my 2016 Ford Flex, which I had bought used. I haven't purchased a new vehicle since my 1976 Toyota Landcruiser Wagon, but the Maverick appealed to me with its high gas mileage rating, comfort, and ability to haul stuff when I need to. My son-in-law had a...
Different issue than yours, I think, but I had this problem once with my Motorola phone and it turned out that I had my "Do Not Disturb" on. I had "Do Not Disturb" set to automatically come on at 11 pm and off at 7 a.m.. But I was making an early trip at 6 a.m. and forgot that my "Do Not...
This happened to me once in my Ford Flex. Finally figured out I was driving early in the morning during my Android phone's usual "Do Not Disturb" timeframe. Turned off "Do Not Disturb" and all was well again.
I installed a Gentex mirror from Bob's Mirrors. They usually have specials that are discounted and will work in your Maverick. I emailed them about the particular special that was $39 and they confirmed it would work in my Maverick. I ordered the long cable to connect under the dash. They give...
How I did it with 10 pieces of 10 ft. long 2x6 lumber and a Harbor Freight hitch extender. I use 1/4" rope and trucker's hitch for strapping down loads. The extender was positioned just high enough that the 2x10s were kissing the tailgate, but not pressing down on it. I had the front end of the...
Second that idea. Used them years ago in my Nissan Cube to haul a Wavewalk kayak. You can position them anywhere around the perimeter of the hood. I use 1/4 inch polyester rope and trucker's hitch now instead of straps and ratchets.
I bought this Tyger soft rollup from Amazon. It is easy to release and roll up. It stays put at 70 mph. No concerning leaks, but I don't expect it to be 100% waterproof because of the seal behind the cab, so I might get a few drops running down into the bed in heavy rain, but my cargo stays dry...