Sponsored

Search results

  1. An unfortunate accident confirmed I made the correct choice buying my Maverick

    I rented a RAM1500 and a Jeep Gladiator while waiting for insurance to make a determination on my last Mav. While it was nice to have the extra power pulling a loaded utility trailer of lumber/trex, I did not care for either of them. I liked the look of the Gladiator when it first came out, but...
  2. Delivery question

    I am not familar with acronym WNC... but it took two weeks to get mine in southern NY.
  3. Inquiring about others experience with the 26 XLT Hybrid

    My daily commute is roughly 50% highway and 50% side roads with traffic lights. I try to run in ECO, but don't always remember to set it. In cooler weather mileage bottoms out around 33/34 MPG, in warmer weather it tops out around 48/49 MPG> according to the onboard system. While that is...
  4. What’s Something You Notice More After Owning Your Maverick for a While?

    Honestly, if Maxxina or Mabbett or someone came up with a set of after market physical buttons/knobs for the environmental controls, I would jump on that.
  5. It is totaled? 2024 XLT Hybrid

    First thing in a rear end collision, check the "sub-frame" under the bed. If that has a bend/buckle in it, then it is most likely totaled. 2023 Rear damage: 2023 Frame damage: 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid: Insurance labeled it a total loss. It didn't look that bad until I got underneath...
  6. Third Time is a Charm????

    Full Replacement Insurance... never even heard of it. What insurance company do you use? I'll have to look into that. An extra $60/year is absolutely worth it.
  7. Third Time is a Charm????

    My first Mav lasted 16 months. Second only made it 11 months. I hope there isn't pattern! Did you stick with the same build or did you change anything?
  8. Third Time is a Charm????

    Just received my third Maverick delivery. First two were totalled in rear-end collisions. I'm really really hoping that the third time is a charm. Ordered May 13th, built July 6, and delivered August 6. So much faster than the 11 months it took to get the first one!
  9. How Long Do You See Yourself Keeping Your Maverick? 🚗

    Based on my last 2 Mavericks being totaled by idiots rear ending me, I'm guessing 6-9 months.
  10. How many have needed to tow a trailer.

    I have towed rented utility trailers full of junk and dirt, and two different campers. My first Mav was a 2023 hybrid with only 2K towing, when that was totaled I upgraded to a 2025 hybrid with the 4K tow package.
  11. If you bought Maverick again today… Hybrid or EcoBoost

    Just ordered my third one on Wednesday. All have been hybrids. 2nd and 3rd are with the AWD 4K Tow package.
  12. If you reordered your Maverick TODAY… what trim are you picking?

    I just ordered my third on Wednesday. All have been Lariats.
  13. Pretty cool right : Matchbox Ford Maverick!

    They need to make one with busted rear end.
  14. Theory why Mavericks get rear-ended so much

    I'd be interested in hearing more about the lights you chose. If I do go with another Mav I really want to know I've done everything I can to avoid this happening again.
  15. Theory why Mavericks get rear-ended so much

    I assume it is distracted driving. While I am much less aggressive of a driver than I was in my youth, I haven't changed my driving any more than I did when driving my wife's minivans over the last 20 years. I have driven over 700,000 miles over the years but less than 25K between my two Mavs...
  16. Theory why Mavericks get rear-ended so much

    All three were stationary. First was sitting in a line of cars waiting to make a left turn, hadn't moved for 3-4 seconds; it was daylight. Driver immediately took off. Second I was sitting at a red light for 10 seconds, beautiful sunny day. Driver claimed they were looking at the light, not...
  17. Theory why Mavericks get rear-ended so much

    At this point I can provide anecdata... I have been driving for 30+ years and was never rear-ended prior to owning a Maverick. In the last two years I have been rear-ended 3 times. First time left no perceptable damage, but the second totaled it. I got a new Mav and have had it just shy of a...
  18. 2025 Lariat - EZ Pass Transponder Placement

    From what I have managed to read, the windshield on the 2025 Mavs, at least the Lariat, have a "metal" coating on the windshield for sun protection. Since getting my 2025 it is clear that my EZ Pass transponder is not being read. Other websites suggested that this metal coating is the culprit...
  19. Highway MPG: 2025 Hybrid AWD, 4k tow package

    I had a 23 Lariat Hybrid that was totaled in December. At the beginning of May I picked up my new 25 Lariat Hybrid with 4K and 4WD. I've put on 4000 miles so far. I have noticed that the engine kicks in quicker and that my gas mileage is lower. In my 23 I was regularly getting 40-45mpg, now...
  20. Did you upgrade from 1st gen to 2025 for AWD Hybrid 4k tow?

    I had a 23 Lariat Hybrid that was totaled in December. At the beginning of May I picked up my new 25 Lariat Hybrid with 4K and 4WD. I've put on 4000 miles so far. I have noticed that the engine kicks in quicker and that my gas mileage is lower. In my 23 I was regularly getting 40-45mpg, now...




Top