Sponsored

Search results

  1. Ladder rack reccomendations... NEW OWNER here ( 1 week old)

    With regard to "modifying" the JY rack with a sawzall. If you blow up the top photo you will see that I actually cut the four pieces just past the set screws. I have driven up to 70mph without the kayak weighing down the top pieces and they have not budged. Customer service reply from JY...
  2. Ladder rack reccomendations... NEW OWNER here ( 1 week old)

    sorry, Lariat came with a bed in spray and after having a drop in for 15 years on my Ranger I am happier with the spray. (Although I do miss watering my gardens with the siphoned off rainwater from the dropin!) Various Maverick forums on Farcebook list many recommendations for sprays.
  3. Ladder rack reccomendations... NEW OWNER here ( 1 week old)

    I have had the JV rack for two full fishing seasons now. Goes on or off in 20 minutes. Rails below still look new. I kayakfish saltwater, no rust as yet. Can not beat the price ! Incidentally, I took a sawzall to lower mine by four inches ( I was 5'8" before old age shrinkage) and it...
  4. Prototype home-built kayak or ladder rack

    Nice, but why do the idiots at Ford insist on putting the antennae in the middle of the roof on a pickup truck that will often carry a ladder, canoe, etc.?
  5. How is your Ecoboost doing on MPG?

    I have under 3K on my 25 awd hybrid lariat. mix of highway and suburb driving. average over 11 months 34.4 mpg
  6. Fusion Wheel switch

    I decline venmo and zelle as well. I will not ship unless buyer sends me a US Postal M O and only after I take it to the bank. (this discourages everyone, lol.) Back on track, I recently cut the lower four inches off my $100. Amazon ladder rack. Lost the set screw portion but being all...
  7. Securing ladder rack to Maverick bed rails - best practices

    My JY performance rack from Amazon ($110.) came with two J bolts for each lower section and they hook into a rectangular metal bar under the plastic rail of the truck. No side bars but they would be in the way for me anyway. I had to use a deep 3/4" socket to tighten them down but even without...
  8. Surf and Kayak Rack for 2025 Maverick Hybrid remove plastic trim? Utilize predrilled side-rail holes?

    Delbert, once my AA ladder rack (Amazon) and me, and my truck get a little older, I may try taking a hacksaw (or a SAWZALL- I am old) to mine. The company responded and said I could not do so to shorten them and because of the curve where upper and lower attach, they may be right or I would...
  9. Surf and Kayak Rack for 2025 Maverick Hybrid remove plastic trim? Utilize predrilled side-rail holes?

    I love it ! My rod holder is DIY, lol. I use my kayak 50 or more times from May to late September so I opted to spend the $110 bucks.
  10. Surf and Kayak Rack for 2025 Maverick Hybrid remove plastic trim? Utilize predrilled side-rail holes?

    MarkinVictoria, I still have a HFT bed extender that I used with a minivan until 2010, but tell me more about that rack that comes out of the bed. How is it attached, what is it bolted to ? I am intrigued !
  11. Surf and Kayak Rack for 2025 Maverick Hybrid remove plastic trim? Utilize predrilled side-rail holes?

    So far at 75 I can still push the 12 1/2 foot but only 50lb. Hurricane Skimmer up onto the rack but need SWMBO's help with our 65lb + Perception tandem. Sovande, do you have a pic of your rig ? I was only 5'8" before shrinkage and may need the hullivator some day.
  12. Surf and Kayak Rack for 2025 Maverick Hybrid remove plastic trim? Utilize predrilled side-rail holes?

    I opted for a bolt-on rack from Amazon. Its in my garage now but all summer I used it for my kayaks. $110. and with powder painted black it matches my Lariat's trim, lol. Its a little high but it has allowed me NOT to put the stubby antennae I bought on. It also goes on the rails with...
  13. Ladder Rack

    I thought about one sided but felt support could be an issue. Once I put the cross pieces across, I could not believe the sturdiness how using the full width and support of both rails. Yes, having served, I hate buying the enemy's products, but was worth saving $500. And 80 years ago we...
  14. Ladder Rack

    Pretty happy with this one. Installed in an hour, removed for the winter in half that. 8 J bolts and they clear the Lariat utility rail. the powder gloss paint held up well and I yak in the briny. Amazon for under $110., came in 5 days. I just wish it was a tad lower as I am only 5'8"...
  15. New XL owner as of 12/4

    I went from a 2010 6' bed Ranger with a TrakRak to this 4 1/2' bed Mav. I opted for a cheap, under $110., bolt on ladder rack from Amazon (JV something or other.) I used it all summer and took it off in early October. I spray painted two really small spots of wear (not OCD here and could...
  16. Ladder rack mounted to cargo management side rails

    I had a TrakRak on my 2010 Ranger for 15 years. They got bought out by another company and yes, the price is now a grand. This June when I took delivery of my Lariat I installed a hundred dollar Amazon bolt-on that did not interfere with the utility rails the truck came with but still...
  17. Anyone notice a MPG increase after adding a bed/tonneau cover? (Aerodynamics)

    Wasn't that the "tailgate up or tailgate down ?"
  18. DIY REMOVABLE FLEX BED KAYAK RACK

    Too old and short to use an over the cab rack since I yak alone. Get the bow up on rear crosspiece and just walk forward.
  19. Best way to move a large canoe with a Maverick?

    I presently carry my 12'8" kayak on the rack pictured, and previously a 14' yak. Lightweight plastic so I am quite cognizant of spacing and in the picture is my 2010 Ranger with its six foot bed. I carried my yak on SWMBO's mommy van before I got the Ranger with a bed extender and even with...




Top