2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
beater truck
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Someone Lowered a 2022 Ford Maverick Already and It Looks Sick
It's time to embrace slammed mini trucks again.

Ford Maverick SHADOW BLACK Maverick Photos / Club Lowered 2022 Ford Maverick slammed lowering suspension shocks springs 5
Ford Maverick SHADOW BLACK Maverick Photos / Club Lowered 2022 Ford Maverick slammed lowering suspension shocks springs 6
Ford Maverick SHADOW BLACK Maverick Photos / Club Lowered 2022 Ford Maverick slammed lowering suspension shocks springs 2
Ford Maverick SHADOW BLACK Maverick Photos / Club Lowered 2022 Ford Maverick slammed lowering suspension shocks springs 1
Ford Maverick SHADOW BLACK Maverick Photos / Club Lowered 2022 Ford Maverick slammed lowering suspension shocks springs 3
Ford Maverick SHADOW BLACK Maverick Photos / Club Lowered 2022 Ford Maverick slammed lowering suspension shocks springs 4

From: https://www.thedrive.com/news/42904/someone-lowered-a-2022-ford-maverick-already-and-it-looks-sick

October 28, 2021

Judging by the 100,000+ reservations for the new 2022 Ford Maverick, it'd be an understatement to call it well-received in the United States. The truck that's capable of 42 miles per gallon in the city brings the small pickup back into the limelight without sacrificing utility, and with a price tag of just over $20,000, it was only a matter of time before enthusiasts got their hands on one.

That's where Adam Edwards comes in. He's the owner Tedder's Body Shop in Searcy, Arkansas, and it didn't take long for him to become one of the first with a modded Maverick. Within a few days of taking delivery, he found a way to lower it.

Since no company officially makes an aftermarket lowering kit for the Maverick (yet), Edwards had to improvise. He took some measurements of the Maverick strut assembly and went to an auto parts store. After comparing a few options, he left with a pair of struts meant for a sixth-generation Nissan Sentra.

Edwards said that the strut mounted right up after replacing the top mounting cap with the factory Maverick part, and the only modification needed was a small 3/8-inch slotting on the bottom bolt hole.

The rears were a little more complicated. Edwards found a set of rear shocks meant for a number of older Fords ('66 Bronco and late '70s F-Series pickups) that also fit on the Maverick. Then, he cut down the rear springs and replaced the lower spring insulators.

The overall result was a four-inch drop in the front and a six-inch in the rear. In hindsight, Edwards says he wishes he had leveled it out just a bit more by only lowering it five inches in the rear.

This setup is just temporary, though. Edwards' Maverick will be headed to SEMA 2022, complete in mini truck attire. He tells us that he plans to put the truck on air suspension and that his build process will begin sometime in the next week or two. At least he gets to have some fun with a lowered truck on steelies in the interim.

Edwards told The Drive he hopes his project will inspire people to build next-gen mini trucks, and maybe even bring mini truck culture back to its former glory. Before compact pickups stopped being built, the hobby was thriving in all parts of the country. With the introduction of the Ford Maverick and Hyundai Santa Cruz, perhaps we'll see that scene make a comeback sooner than later.

"I believe if the people don’t embrace what we’ve been given here, we might never see a mini truck again," said Edwards. "I’m hoping [that] people adopt these and build them [until] they are as played out as S10s were."
Sponsored

CaseyQD

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Shadow Black Lariat FX4 looking slick.

Shadow Black Maverick Lariat FX4 black wheels 6.jpg

Shadow Black Maverick Lariat FX4 black wheels 5.jpg

Shadow Black Maverick Lariat FX4 black wheels 4.jpg

Shadow Black Maverick Lariat FX4 black wheels 1.jpg

Shadow Black Maverick Lariat FX4 black wheels 3.jpg

Shadow Black Maverick Lariat FX4 black wheels 2.jpg
I just ordered my Lariat hybrid in carbon grey. But I don’t like the wheels coming with it. Am I able to get these sick black ones for mine from somewhere?

ziggystar84

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Alto Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did my first big haul today in the Maverick and used my new rack system as well. 1200lb of gravel and 8 - 2x4's. Rode pretty low but honestly Tow/Haul mode made it feel like no big deal. Ride is just so smooth.

Everything coming together nicely, just need my Tonneau cover to get here so I can seal up the bed when not in use.

Thread on Rack System if you're interested.

Ford Maverick SHADOW BLACK Maverick Photos / Club tempImageUQ012O

Ford Maverick SHADOW BLACK Maverick Photos / Club tempImage1NOnpb

Ford Maverick SHADOW BLACK Maverick Photos / Club tempImage3RfrYU

Ford Maverick SHADOW BLACK Maverick Photos / Club tempImagelnoj9s

Sponsored

Sponsored

csmith9058

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Csmith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just had my front windows tinted to match the factory rear windows ($80). I think it looks pretty badass with the black rims and black paint. I Would be interested to see a cactus with black rims tinted. I'm honestly impressed with the cactus with black rims. I'm not a big fan of that color on the broncos but for some reason it looks great on the maverick.

Ford Maverick SHADOW BLACK Maverick Photos / Club 20211127_170333

Ford Maverick SHADOW BLACK Maverick Photos / Club 20211127_170331

csmith9058

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Csmith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My wife just so happened to conveniently run out of gas in her car just down the block from the Ford Piquette Plant (Fords first plant) so I stopped to snap a few pics of my Maverick in front.

Ford Maverick SHADOW BLACK Maverick Photos / Club 20211203_145645

Ford Maverick SHADOW BLACK Maverick Photos / Club 20211203_145614

Ford Maverick SHADOW BLACK Maverick Photos / Club 20211203_145513

Ford Maverick SHADOW BLACK Maverick Photos / Club 20211203_145704

Ford Maverick SHADOW BLACK Maverick Photos / Club 20211203_145711

Ford Maverick SHADOW BLACK Maverick Photos / Club 20211203_145458

Ford Maverick SHADOW BLACK Maverick Photos / Club 20211203_145509