First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Funny Funny. Ford can cut the price of the Mack E by $7, 000.00 and up the production by 50% yet a couple days later they raise the price of the Maverick 400.00 dollars plus $100.00 I guess I'm just a dumb hillbilly but I sure as heck don't understand that?? 🤔
Sponsored

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do people not see the prices for everything? Nobody's bought eggs recently?

I posted yesterday a 2019 75,000 mile Frontier SV for $25k, so go buy that if you think Mavericks are too expensive.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Last night I ran a build sheet for what I would order if I could. Went to the dealer today and he built it for his paperwork and I noticed it was $500 more. He wasn't aware of the new price increase.

Put in my order deposit to get to the top of the list when 2024 orders start. Talked with the sales manager and he said the price on the order when it goes in will be honored by them even if it increases before it arrives, that unless it violates a Ford restriction I can put both the Farm Bureau and X plan against the order and that he monitors open orders every two to three days and notifies customers of any info on their order.

Now just have to play the 1 year waiting game.
I hope you didn't give too much of a deposit on an "order" that does not technically exist and won't for some time. A year could be optimistic. It's February. If 2024 order banks don't open until fall, you'll already have been waiting seven months before you even have an order. It may be another 7-10 months after that before your truck shows up -- if it gets built at all.

I am sorry to rain on your parade, but you are not a single step ahead of anyone who simply waits until the 2024 order banks open and walks into their local dealership the first day orders are being accepted.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Funny Funny. Ford can cut the price of the Mack E by $7, 000.00 and up the production by 50% yet a couple days later they raise the price of the Maverick 400.00 dollars plus $100.00 I guess I'm just a dumb hillbilly but I sure as heck don't understand that?? 🤔
Mach E is competing directly with Tesla which just cut their prices. Maverick is competing with nothing unless you count the Santa Cruz which doesn't really seem to be competition at all. If I were Ford exec staff I would have raised the price of the Maverick a lot more for MY23 alone given demand.

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hope you didn't give too much of a deposit on an "order" that does not technically exist and won't for some time. A year could be optimistic. It's February. If 2024 order banks don't open until fall, you'll already have been waiting seven months before you even have an order. It may be another 7-10 months after that before your truck shows up -- if it gets built at all.

I am sorry to rain on your parade, but you are not a single step ahead of anyone who simply waits until the 2024 order banks open and walks into their local dealership the first day orders are being accepted.
I am ahead. Those with an order deposit (fully refundable) will be first for the dealers allocations. Those that wait until order day will be last if any allocation is left. Plus the ones with deposits get priority 10 while others will be 19.
Besides, with third shift starting in July they will surely be pumping out 20,000 a day. That's what the lady at the 1-800-PSYCHIC line told me.

Sponsored

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am ahead. Those with an order deposit (fully refundable) will be first for the dealers allocations. Those that wait until order day will be last if any allocation is left. Plus the ones with deposits get priority 10 while others will be 19.
Besides, with third shift starting in July they will surely be pumping out 20,000 a day. That's what the lady at the 1-800-PSYCHIC line told me.
This is incorrect information. Deposit has nothing to do with anything and the dealer doesn't really set allocation assignment, it has more to do with constraints and pure luck than anything. We've literally seen people who have placed orders on the very last day get built before people who practically camped out in front of the dealer to be first to place an order.

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is incorrect information. Deposit has nothing to do with anything and the dealer doesn't really set allocation assignment, it has more to do with constraints and pure luck than anything. We've literally seen people who have placed orders on the very last day get built before people who practically camped out in front of the dealer to be first to place an order.
That I know. The actual method of determining the order of production scheduling is only known by one computer programmer hidden somewhere in the bowels of Ford's data center.

I have bought cars from this dealer off and on since 1970. This isn't my first rodeo, or second, or tenth or twentieth. I've had over 30 new cars most of them ordered. I've written guides on how the order, pricing, production, transportation and delivery processes work. My son used to be a new car sales associate. My grandson worked at this same dealership. I'm not worried about setting down a little refundable money to get a higher priority code. I also have an order for an EV at another company for a 2024 so whichever one comes in first is the one that wins.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You MIGHT be ahead of others at your particular dealership, but only within the constraints of your dealer's allocation. My point is, another customer could walk in on day one of 2024 ordering at another dealer with a huge allocation, place an order with no deposit, be placed at Priority 19 and STIL GET BUILT months ahead of you.

Trust me, I've seen it happen for two years now. I wish you the best, and commend you for being proactive, but unfortunately nothing you've done has guaranteed you a Maverick.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

These newbies don't understand...

Sponsored

PA-Homesteader

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Doesn't have to be Illinois, just that their membership fee is low. I joined Texas, which is $50 for year. After 30 days membership, you are eligible for a $500 rebate.

Ragtime Billy Peaches

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f250 Crew Diesel 4x4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is a good move,,, he said those at this dealership with a deposit will get priority 10,,, believe it or not but that can make a difference. Just like Tim did with rollovers, early orders got lower priority and went up the later your order date was. Every little possible advantage helps.