Sponsored

Pics: Carbonized Gray Maverick XLT at Blue Bottle Coffee Ford Get-Together in Venice, CA

yakefu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was there too. Here are some photos that I took. I'm 5'9" and 240lbs. I feel both the front and back legroom are comfortable for me. The Carbonized Gray looks very great.

Ford Maverick Pics: Carbonized Gray Maverick XLT at Blue Bottle Coffee Ford Get-Together in Venice, CA 微信图片_20210912135805

Ford Maverick Pics: Carbonized Gray Maverick XLT at Blue Bottle Coffee Ford Get-Together in Venice, CA 微信图片_20210912140603

Ford Maverick Pics: Carbonized Gray Maverick XLT at Blue Bottle Coffee Ford Get-Together in Venice, CA 微信图片_20210912140606

Ford Maverick Pics: Carbonized Gray Maverick XLT at Blue Bottle Coffee Ford Get-Together in Venice, CA 微信图片_20210912140610

Ford Maverick Pics: Carbonized Gray Maverick XLT at Blue Bottle Coffee Ford Get-Together in Venice, CA 微信图片_20210912140615

Ford Maverick Pics: Carbonized Gray Maverick XLT at Blue Bottle Coffee Ford Get-Together in Venice, CA 微信图片_20210912140619

Ford Maverick Pics: Carbonized Gray Maverick XLT at Blue Bottle Coffee Ford Get-Together in Venice, CA 微信图片_20210912140629

Ford Maverick Pics: Carbonized Gray Maverick XLT at Blue Bottle Coffee Ford Get-Together in Venice, CA 微信图片_20210912140633

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I tried to focus more on the details. For instance, the orange trims, I thought it was bery muted and the quality of the cloth seats are very nice. Not loose and very nice to the touch!

The phone in the cubby is a Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G! Lol! It still sticks out in folded mode. But I find it very roomy for my baby Groot!

The 2nd row leg space is narrower than a 2016 Honda Civic sedan. But very doable for kids and I say tolerable for adults for long trips.

The windshield says "laminate". I asked Mike if it indicates acoustic layer but he said he wasn't sure. I know it only comes on the Lariat but one can dream!

Pretty solid build in my opinion. No other surprises. I know at this point, we're just waiting for driving impressions and we've seen just about every angle of this truck! According to the rep, we should see the embargo being lifted first week of October! He also said don't lose hope if you're team hybrid. They are still gonna happen this year!

I don't know the time frame for the Maverick but when I left around 8:30am, it got super crowded already. Also, coffee's free but just ok.

I just realized that even though this is an XLT, the tray inserts are charcoal. So definitely interchangeable and might even be available to swap upon delivery!
It had charcoal tray inserts? Looks like the orange mold was just removed and its “bare.” But if it had a different color insert that’d be cool and we can expect to see those show up on the accessory site soon. I think it looks better without the big orange insert too.

rognus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pretty much my build to a T…minus the spray-in liner. I seriously cannot wait for this truck.

Thanks for the pics.
Thanks so much for the pictures! They all help in visualizing without actually being able to see one myself. Side note: I remember being parked at that very spot several years ago :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
JsnMrd

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
that’s me in the middle of the street. I didn’t stay long, checked it out, sat in it, had to make my bowling league by 9am
O hey! I think I spoke to you! Lol! Took bunch of pics, got my coffee and left right around 8:30 before it got too crowded.

Hopefully you don't mind the candid shot!

OP
OP
JsnMrd

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It had charcoal tray inserts? Looks like the orange mold was just removed and its “bare.” But if it had a different color insert that’d be cool and we can expect to see those show up on the accessory site soon. I think it looks better without the big orange insert too.
Maybe you're right. Maybe it was just taken out. One thing for sure, it didn't look out of place or incomplete. So if I get mine and can't get a replacement, I would kist take them off!

Chris McD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went to the meet up this morning as well. I was the dude in the yellow shirt. It was great to finally check it out in person. Some quick notes:

- the rear slider window is pretty small, but due to the interior coming up over the window it’s about as big as it can get and still be open. I could work with it though. Some lumber or pipe can still fit.

- bed had a spray in liner. I noticed holes in parts of the flex bed. Where you could put a 2x4. I wonder if you can use that to secure the 2x4.

- Interior looks small, but is actually pretty roomy. We had a dude who’s 6’ 3” recline and move his front seat and the guys in the rear seemed ok.

- Front grill looks pretty easy to remove. I’ll prolly drop in a raptor grill once some become available.

- the front looks better in person. I dig the lights. Rear looks worse in person when looking straight on, but isn’t too bad.

- the roof has ridges. I thought it was gonna be totally smooth. I dig.

Ford Maverick Pics: Carbonized Gray Maverick XLT at Blue Bottle Coffee Ford Get-Together in Venice, CA BB629E1A-6F74-4841-B329-70DF2BAB5B23

Ford Maverick Pics: Carbonized Gray Maverick XLT at Blue Bottle Coffee Ford Get-Together in Venice, CA DB8EA4BF-867E-4024-A734-9BF5802C6966

Ford Maverick Pics: Carbonized Gray Maverick XLT at Blue Bottle Coffee Ford Get-Together in Venice, CA 2EB8500E-AD43-47D3-A1D6-B801239179FB

Ford Maverick Pics: Carbonized Gray Maverick XLT at Blue Bottle Coffee Ford Get-Together in Venice, CA C4372DDE-C18A-484A-8E92-3ACF779714CD

Ford Maverick Pics: Carbonized Gray Maverick XLT at Blue Bottle Coffee Ford Get-Together in Venice, CA 85E9F8AE-4968-42C4-81F0-26AAAD2C5300

Ford Maverick Pics: Carbonized Gray Maverick XLT at Blue Bottle Coffee Ford Get-Together in Venice, CA 290A0DDD-9C88-4E9F-86EE-78668970D93C

Ford Maverick Pics: Carbonized Gray Maverick XLT at Blue Bottle Coffee Ford Get-Together in Venice, CA ACC7694A-BDF2-41A8-8894-E40377E042B7

potatosalad

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was there as well. Good to see people from this forum out there. Thanks to Mike from Ford for bringing the truck out. He unfortunately declined our request to do donuts in the street when he left, haha. I wanted to check out the dog window and although it's small it's perfect for my medium sized dog.

Ford Maverick Pics: Carbonized Gray Maverick XLT at Blue Bottle Coffee Ford Get-Together in Venice, CA image_55415491.JPG
Ford Maverick Pics: Carbonized Gray Maverick XLT at Blue Bottle Coffee Ford Get-Together in Venice, CA PXL_20210912_160531104

Sponsored

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was there as well. Good to see people from this forum out there. Thanks to Mike from Ford for bringing the truck out. He unfortunately declined our request to do donuts in the street when he left, haha. I wanted to check out the dog window and although it's small it's perfect for my medium sized dog.

image_55415491.JPG
PXL_20210912_160531104.jpg
Dog approved!?!

Chris McD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

image_55415491.JPG
PXL_20210912_160531104.jpg
good seeing you there! I’m glad you tested it out with the dog. I have two, a spaniel mix about your aussie’s size and an 80 lb pit bull. I’m still trying to figure out the best way to put them in. Looks like it’ll be taco cover in the back seat unless my son’s car seat is in. Then it’ll be dog crates strapped to the bed.

FAN2PLAYER

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Am I the only one curious to why there is a zipper on the back of the driver seat?? I don't remember them mentioning about possible washable seats (unless that's a seat cover on the front seat).

ccmjr77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Hybrid, 22 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
it may not be a zipper, maybe part of the airbag system? I have not noticed that before.

FAN2PLAYER

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

it may not be a zipper, maybe part of the airbag system? I have not noticed that before.
True, I thought about that right after I posted and looked at the picture again.
Sponsored