Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
But we're not comparing non to turbo'd, just whether you lose power/towing capacity at altitude on whatever vehicle. They all suffer, and the harder your push it, the sooner it'll crap out. We turbo'd F150s way back, great for a while, then gonzo if you pushed too hard too long.
And I'll still maintain you're limited as much by braking ability as towing capacity.
Many have made the point, and I agree, this is a light and light duty flexible vehicle with some features that appeal to handy people. I'm happy to score a pretty damn good vehicle that serves most of my maintenance and chore duties, as well as travel, at 40mpg for $20k with a hitch that can move a utility trailer around. But it ain't and never will be a heavy duty truck. If I wanted more capacity, I'd get another Frontier or Ranger, or if a lot more capacity an F150. Nothing more dangerous than an undersized rig for the intended use.
I get it- Have been comparing HP/TQ numbers to our Highlander, will be interesting to see how the turbo does vs the V6 with all the elevation/Mtn passes- Are these shipping with 11 inch rotors ?
Sponsored

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid, Rav4 Prime
I get it- Have been comparing HP/TQ numbers to our Highlander, will be interesting to see how the turbo does vs the V6 with all the elevation/Mtn passes- Are these shipping with 11 inch rotors ?
From my (limited) experience with V6 engines (I've tended to push small highly tuned hi MPG engines), like my Frontier, they run at lower RPM, lower heat (non-turbo) and have more torque at lower RPM, so they last longer. I imagine that instead of saying an engine is good for 200,000 miles (V8) or 100,000 (turbo 4), it would be a better estimate to say it's good for 300,000,000 rpms. The more you use them up, the quicker they die.
Might also consider mid-grade gas when towing up passes at high altitude - less pinging, cleaner burn. I'd be more concerned about the trailer or camper brakes than the Mav's.
The Mav is just going to be my go-to around-town golf and errands rig, occasional camp trip, with a tonneau and rack. Psyched at 40mpg that'll last the rest of my life. Got 55mpg out of 4 different Prius, and considered chopping a wreck into a ute, so It'll be interesting to see how far this can be stretched. Good on Ford to go for it and provide an alternative to bloatsville. But then again only something like 11% of buyers are in my camp, the rest want the bells and whistles instead of a cheapo eco strippy!

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From my (limited) experience with V6 engines (I've tended to push small highly tuned hi MPG engines), like my Frontier, they run at lower RPM, lower heat (non-turbo) and have more torque at lower RPM, so they last longer. I imagine that instead of saying an engine is good for 200,000 miles (V8) or 100,000 (turbo 4), it would be a better estimate to say it's good for 300,000,000 rpms. The more you use them up, the quicker they die.
Might also consider mid-grade gas when towing up passes at high altitude - less pinging, cleaner burn. I'd be more concerned about the trailer or camper brakes than the Mav's.
The Mav is just going to be my go-to around-town golf and errands rig, occasional camp trip, with a tonneau and rack. Psyched at 40mpg that'll last the rest of my life. Got 55mpg out of 4 different Prius, and considered chopping a wreck into a ute, so It'll be interesting to see how far this can be stretched. Good on Ford to go for it and provide an alternative to bloatsville. But then again only something like 11% of buyers are in my camp, the rest want the bells and whistles instead of a cheapo eco strippy!
I put together a $33k loaded XLT- Hoping to see one of the trainers soon- 8 speed tranny in the Mav has got to be better than the clunky 5 Speed in the V6/Highlander

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I put together a $33k loaded XLT- Hoping to see one of the trainers soon- 8 speed tranny in the Mav has got to be better than the clunky 5 Speed in the V6/Highlander
I'm sure you're right in there with the majority of buyers. Ford would have a tough time making a profit if everyone were as cheap as I am: Scottish to the core.

The 8 speed AT should be smooth sailing with more guts than the hybrid's eCVT, which is super eco but not a "truck" tranny designed to tow anything beyond a cart.

I'd love to see a trainer, but am hoping to hear back from the original post from this thread on the one in Tucson, about the bedrail profile for a rack. It's the only mystery for me. I might just have to wait until it arrives. Build is only 4 weeks out, I doubt they want to sit on them very long before shipping.

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car, truck train bus etc we all have our preconceived concepts. for vehicles we have one word descriptions. you can call it a light utility vehicle other may call it a UTE

One thing remains, the more you try to enhance it, the less capable it seems to become when it comes to towing. As you stated in another post it is a niche vehicle. If too many people try to make it something it is not, that could cause its demise. The more we experience inflation the more people will push the limits. The lawyers will try to make it Ford's fault.

It was made not to cannabilize sales from the Ranger. Too many people will want to push it to that level.

Almost makes me want to buy one and store it in a window and door less garage not to be opened for 25 years. I bet it would appreciate more than the sales floor condition Fiero.
Spot on observations. You must be an outlaw in Texas, where bigger is better. I prefer 'em small and tight.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Delzona

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for all of that! Can I ask for the actual height and width of the cubby?
I hope this is the cubby your were looking for.

Ford Maverick Alto Blue Lariat FX4 Maverick Trainer Pics. Lots of Measurements / Dimensions Taken Alto Blue 8-25 cubby (1)

Ford Maverick Alto Blue Lariat FX4 Maverick Trainer Pics. Lots of Measurements / Dimensions Taken Alto Blue 8-25 cubby (2)

Ford Maverick Alto Blue Lariat FX4 Maverick Trainer Pics. Lots of Measurements / Dimensions Taken Alto Blue 8-25 cubby (3)

Ford Maverick Alto Blue Lariat FX4 Maverick Trainer Pics. Lots of Measurements / Dimensions Taken Alto Blue 8-25 cubby (4)

OP
OP
Delzona

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Very helpful, thanks. I'd like to know the height from ground to top of open door jam. Seat hight is the same as my Rav4.
I hope this is what you were looking for.
Ford Maverick Alto Blue Lariat FX4 Maverick Trainer Pics. Lots of Measurements / Dimensions Taken Alto Blue 8-25 (4)
Ford Maverick Alto Blue Lariat FX4 Maverick Trainer Pics. Lots of Measurements / Dimensions Taken Alto Blue 8-25 (4)

OP
OP
Delzona

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks so much! I have an XL ordered with just a few options. I'm hoping the liners are present on this trim level too.
I asked the Trainer about the liners and he said they are on all trim levels.

OP
OP
Delzona

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Those measurements are awesome! Any way you can measure the width and length of the under seat storage? I'd like to start planning a subwoofer box...
I hope this helps. The storage areas are the same on both sides (unless you get a hybrid like I am).
Ford Maverick Alto Blue Lariat FX4 Maverick Trainer Pics. Lots of Measurements / Dimensions Taken Alto Blue 8-25 storage  (1)
Ford Maverick Alto Blue Lariat FX4 Maverick Trainer Pics. Lots of Measurements / Dimensions Taken Alto Blue 8-25 storage  (2)
Ford Maverick Alto Blue Lariat FX4 Maverick Trainer Pics. Lots of Measurements / Dimensions Taken Alto Blue 8-25 storage  (3)
Ford Maverick Alto Blue Lariat FX4 Maverick Trainer Pics. Lots of Measurements / Dimensions Taken Alto Blue 8-25 storage  (4)
Ford Maverick Alto Blue Lariat FX4 Maverick Trainer Pics. Lots of Measurements / Dimensions Taken Alto Blue 8-25 storage  (5)
Ford Maverick Alto Blue Lariat FX4 Maverick Trainer Pics. Lots of Measurements / Dimensions Taken Alto Blue 8-25 storage  (6)

OP
OP
Delzona

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Excellent pics Chris! Thank-you!

So AWD at $3305 includes the Turbo. But that blue sheet of prices shows another $1085 for it.

I didn't add all those numbers up but it might be double dipping. What, actually, was that blue sheet?
You're exactly correct about the AWD includes the Ecoboost motor. I'm not sure as to why it was listed as a separate line item on the paper other than to show the price of the Ecoboost cost as a separate price. I did a quick build out and if you just have the Ecoboost then it's $1085, but if you add the AWD package the $1085 charge drops off and the cost of AWD is added.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Delzona

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can you get a measurement with max width from steering wheel too seat back
I hope this is what you were looking for. The steering wheel is pushed forward as far as it can good and the seat is back as far as it can go and upright, even though the seat may look like it's leaning back.
Ford Maverick Alto Blue Lariat FX4 Maverick Trainer Pics. Lots of Measurements / Dimensions Taken Alto Blue 8-25 (3)

Last edited:

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hope this helps. The storage areas are the same on both sides (unless you get a hybrid like I am).
Alto Blue 8-25 storage  (1).jpg
Alto Blue 8-25 storage  (2).jpg
Alto Blue 8-25 storage  (3).jpg
Alto Blue 8-25 storage  (4).jpg
Alto Blue 8-25 storage  (5).jpg
Alto Blue 8-25 storage  (6).jpg
Looks like a nice spot for a 12 pack + rack of ribs :)

OP
OP
Delzona

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You don't happen to have the rest of the measurement at the bottom of this picture? from the ground to the bottom of the vehicle? I know the minimum ground clearance but that's the minimum. What the actual height is hasn't really been shown in pictures.

1629903249985.png
Sorry buddy, I looked through all my pictures and this picture is best I have. My best guest is that it's going to be around 14-15", but again that's only a guest.

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Alto Blue 8-25 storage  (1).jpg
Alto Blue 8-25 storage  (2).jpg
Alto Blue 8-25 storage  (3).jpg
Alto Blue 8-25 storage  (4).jpg
Alto Blue 8-25 storage  (5).jpg
Alto Blue 8-25 storage  (6).jpg
Yes! Finally someone got the measurements I wanted.
Unfortunately I think it's too small for my backpack :(
Sponsored