First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ford Taurus SES
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey! I wish I had my little truck to argue about. It's been over six months since I ordered and I'm just hoping it comes soon. The dealer has been good but I really have almost nothing from Ford. Even if I don't get the truck soon I'd like the VIN so I can secure financing (looking at those interest rates going up). It would help with the price of gas too.
Looking forward to getting it so I can start hacking.
Agree. It's easy for the people who received their truck to criticize others who are frustrated and are venting. But if they had been waiting for 6 months or more without any positive communication from Ford they might not be so judgmental. Ford's only communication to many is to take off all options and you might get your truck sooner. Sunshine is wonderful if you are not sitting under a rain cloud. So stop being so judgmental and accept the good the bad and the ugly.
Sponsored

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Prius
I've been on this forum since last summer, and it's mostly been a pretty positive and helpful place.

But the tone seems to have changed recently, with people quicker to throw insults at those with different perspectives. Instead of reading something interesting about someone's Maverick, I frequently feel like I'm wading through a swamp of bickering malcontents. Sucks. I'd hate to see this awesome service deteriorate into another gritty corner of the internet dominated by bullies.

I'm probably not the only one who feels this way, so here's hoping that people step back for a moment before ripping other members to pieces for saying something that they don't agree with. If we focus on our awesome little trucks, and give each other a little more grace, we can keep this place fun, positive, and worth frequenting.

Edit: I don't want to imply that countering some else's position is bad. Just do it without insulting them or making it personal.
Mean what you say, but don't say it mean😎

stick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep wrangler 4xe; 13 vw gli; 21 maverick xlt
agreed - thankyou for helping us keep this a safe place to exchange ideas, sometimes vent. For example, I love seeing some of the bold ideas that some people could make fun of. May not be for me, but I still like seeing them - and the attention to detail and creativity makes this a better place for all. When someone decides they can poop on ideas, then idea sharing is no longer safe and people dont do it. Sometimes people vent or have bad things happen to their MAV. Let them vent, dont make them feel any worse than they already do. If criticism is not solicited, dont give it. this forum is to help people make the MOST of their MAV experience - ALL people - ALL owners. A random member who feels they have the right to take away that other member's positive experience, I guess you just got to feel sorry for them. I also have, had, on order, a jeep. I am pretty impressed how a novice owner with effectively a mall crawler is supported and provided a positive experience in that forum. Because my lack of experience with Jeeping is obvious and I am an easy target. So having seen some of the haters hate on this forum - I appreciate you taking the time to encourage all members to be better and remember that we are ALL here for the same reason - to improve our MAV experience. I like the response to one hater - NO replies; No reactions; nothing at all - I think that is the best approach

DeanR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback Tundra F250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's a lot like car racing, some come for the race, some come for the wrecks.

Prostate Heaven

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
The OP is guilty of plenty of snarky/provocative commentary that didn't do much to contribute to the 'good vibes' they're lamenting aren't found here in abundance.

Be the change you want to see.

Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Amen. To that end, we encourage everyone to use the report post function to bring to our attention any disrespectful, insulting, inciting or trolling behavior. Help us help you keep the community congenial and friendly for all.
And, by the way, you're doing a good job in responding to those reports.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree the forum has gotten more snippy. Social media is a communication of anonymity. It is easier to not empathize with someone, insult someone, or just blow someone off when you are anonymous. When you look someone in the eye, communication becomes very different. Even a phone call when words are verbally exchanged is more civil and more coherent than a text. It is easier to be an ass when behind the screen of anonymity. We all need to try a little harder to act as we would if we were face-to-face.
While I certainly agree with having a civil forum I can't say I've seen the forum get more critical and disrespectful. Once in a while you get the unkind remarks, but a vast majority of members and their comments are positive and helpful. I have to say, this forum is one of the best for that reason alone.

24forsure

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I want to say this.

Scuffy internet forums are fun.

Sure, you dont want racism, or people making threats against others - but consider the alternative.

Alternative: members see admins locking threads and banning users for saying some stuff. then those reigns tighten. Users start over policing themselves in the name of "happy" and "nice".

Then - you lose your quality members.

See, some of you cant understand this - that sometimes you're snippiest members are also your best members. Whether they are hating, trolling, talking down - thats alright -as long as its in moderation.

But its also necessary.

Like, if I spent more time here, I'd likely be dunking on people all day for the crappy mods they're doing to their trucks.

Just look at this:

1652757435098.png

bZ80kX.gif

See - on a nice forum - i could get a warning (or maybe a ban!) for being critical of internet show and tell. And some of you would be happy that it happened.

But you'd lose a good member.

Some of the best people in the world are also dicks.

Also - feel free to explain why 'internet show and tell' has to be all nice. Why are you bringing something to the internet if you dont want feedback. Guy might feel bad - but then be like "oh snap wait that doesnt look good?" and he'd try some new - or be on the lookout for something cooler to do.

So back to this thing:

1652757598855.png

200.gif

Now after i get it out of my system - then maybe id start helping mans with some good suggestions - like what kind of exhaust would be rad. Or some suggestions on what wheels to get. Or removing the blue stuff from his truck because it looks not good. Or how about some tech support on a vibration or check engine light. Or quick tips on how to remove blue vinyl from a vehicle.

Point is - take the good with the bad. Mods should be there to quiet the animals down. - not separate them - and not banning them.

And its for that reason I'm still here. Mods here are chill here. Keep it that way.

Some of my favorite internets member over the last 24 years have been haters - and trust me - your haters are often your best members - whether you agree or not.

And no - you absolutely should not or do not need to treat people online as you would in person. thats the beauty of the net. embellish, make memes, toss some shade. Reading some comments above make me think that people need to be reminded of this:

Hold on, maybe that’s a NAPA delivery vehicle, then that color treatment would be cool! 😜

TheRef

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The guy who loves to hate - sad but they will always be there. We all love our Mavericks for different reasons.

nrgSebastian

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been on this forum since last summer, and it's mostly been a pretty positive and helpful place.

But the tone seems to have changed recently, with people quicker to throw insults at those with different perspectives. Instead of reading something interesting about someone's Maverick, I frequently feel like I'm wading through a swamp of bickering malcontents. Sucks. I'd hate to see this awesome service deteriorate into another gritty corner of the internet dominated by bullies.

I'm probably not the only one who feels this way, so here's hoping that people step back for a moment before ripping other members to pieces for saying something that they don't agree with. If we focus on our awesome little trucks, and give each other a little more grace, we can keep this place fun, positive, and worth frequenting.

Edit: I don't want to imply that countering some else's position is bad. Just do it without insulting them or making it personal.
Thank you!

Sponsored

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think the moderators do a great job. A few weeks back I was flagged by someone on the other side of the aisle who was offended by what I thought was a funny political jibe about where to find somebody's missing Maverick. The moderator sent me a polite warning to keep politics out. And I'm 100% fine with that. There's a rule here to keep politics out of threads.

But I think it's really important to keep public discourse factual, and I'm happy to say the moderators allow that. I see a rare post now and then with obvious misinformation (usually involves BEVs). And I'm not shy about responding with actual facts.

Arguments are good. Dialectic is one way to arrive at the truth. Argument makes democracy strong, and argument is why groups generally arrive (albeit slowly) at better decisions. Don't call the other guy a troll or anything. But don't be shy about presenting the facts as you know them and identifying misrepresentations where you think they exist. And the thread will figure it out.

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Edit: I don't want to imply that countering someone else's position is bad. Just do it without insulting them or making it personal.
Keep your junk opinion to yourself!!!! 🙃 just kidding. Agree. I came here for research on builds and mods but i get sucked into the other stuff cuz i need something while i wait for this truck haha