Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been on this forum since last summer, and it's mostly been a pretty positive and helpful place.

But the tone seems to have changed recently, with people quicker to throw insults at those with different perspectives. Instead of reading something interesting about someone's Maverick, I frequently feel like I'm wading through a swamp of bickering malcontents. Sucks. I'd hate to see this awesome service deteriorate into another gritty corner of the internet dominated by bullies.

I'm probably not the only one who feels this way, so here's hoping that people step back for a moment before ripping other members to pieces for saying something that they don't agree with. If we focus on our awesome little trucks, and give each other a little more grace, we can keep this place fun, positive, and worth frequenting.

Edit: I don't want to imply that countering someone else's position is bad. Just do it without insulting them or making it personal.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Administrator

2.0L EcoBoost
Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Amen. To that end, we encourage everyone to use the report post function to bring to our attention any disrespectful, insulting, inciting or trolling behavior. Help us help you keep the community congenial and friendly for all.

OP
OP
Snax

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hold on wait a minute, this is a forum about a truck? . . .I thought we were a bunch of Top Gun : Maverick movie super fans!. . .well then. . .
We should figure out a way to get a group discount to watch Top Gun! Personally, I'm hoping to enjoy it at a drive-in theater--in the back of my Maverick, of course.

Edit: Maybe @Ford Motor Company can make this happen. I have no idea what it would cost, but my marketing senses are tingling with the buzz that Ford would generate by offering everyone who owns a Maverick a 50% discount to Top Gun. Not that Ford really seems to need any help selling trucks these days...

Last edited:

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Internet forums. Trolls gonna troll. Plus, misery loves company. When a few people have some gripes and others feel similarly, it's going to snowball into an all-out b!tchfest.
I've had my truck a few months now and still check this site daily. Just have to weed through all the negative stuff (unless it's legitimate issues we should all be wary of) and keep following the helpful and constructive posts.

Sponsored

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been on here since last summer too, and it's a cyclical order of events. Us "long time members" were first to experience all the pains of acquiring a Maverick and all the BS that came in between; Scheduling disappointment Thursdays (remember those??), the know it alls who used to work for such and such so this is how its gonna play out so shut your trap, the ALL CAPS to make his/her point more truer than yours, the TLDR posts and so on and so on.

I chuckle every time I see the next wave of Maverick would-be owners post about the same things we did a few months back, and the bickering starts all over again. History really does repeat itself.

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been on this forum since last summer, and it's mostly been a pretty positive and helpful place.

But the tone seems to have changed recently, with people quicker to throw insults at those with different perspectives. Instead of reading something interesting about someone's Maverick, I frequently feel like I'm wading through a swamp of bickering malcontents. Sucks. I'd hate to see this awesome service deteriorate into another gritty corner of the internet dominated by bullies.

I'm probably not the only one who feels this way, so here's hoping that people step back for a moment before ripping other members to pieces for saying something that they don't agree with. If we focus on our awesome little trucks, and give each other a little more grace, we can keep this place fun, positive, and worth frequenting.

Edit: I don't want to imply that countering some else's position is bad. Just do it without insulting them or making it personal.
I agree. Hard to comment without getting jumped by 5 haters who hate themselves and life apparently.

austinzone

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I want to say this.

Scuffy internet forums are fun.

Sure, you dont want racism, or people making threats against others - but consider the alternative.

Alternative: members see admins locking threads and banning users for saying some stuff. then those reigns tighten. Users start over policing themselves in the name of "happy" and "nice".

Then - you lose your quality members.

See, some of you cant understand this - that sometimes your snippiest members are also your best members. Whether they are hating, trolling, talking down - thats alright -as long as its in moderation.

But its also necessary.

Like, if I spent more time here, I'd likely be dunking on people all day for the crappy mods they're doing to their trucks.

Just look at this:

Ford Maverick Keep Maverick Truck Club Fun! 1652757435098

Ford Maverick Keep Maverick Truck Club Fun! bZ80kX

See - on a nice forum - i could get a warning (or maybe a ban!) for being critical of internet show and tell. And some of you would be happy that it happened.

But you'd lose a good member.

Some of the best people in the world are also dicks.

Also - feel free to explain why 'internet show and tell' has to be all nice. Why are you bringing something to the internet if you dont want feedback. Guy might feel bad - but then be like "oh snap wait that doesnt look good?" and he'd try some new - or be on the lookout for something cooler to do.

So back to this thing:

Ford Maverick Keep Maverick Truck Club Fun! 1652757598855

Ford Maverick Keep Maverick Truck Club Fun! 200

Now after i get it out of my system - then maybe id start helping mans with some good suggestions - like what kind of exhaust would be rad. Or some suggestions on what wheels to get. Or removing the blue stuff from his truck because it looks not good. Or how about some tech support on a vibration or check engine light. Or quick tips on how to remove blue vinyl from a vehicle.

Point is - take the good with the bad. Mods should be there to quiet the animals down. - not separate them - and not banning them.

And its for that reason I'm still here. Mods here are chill here. Keep it that way.

Some of my favorite internets member over the last 24 years have been haters - and trust me - your haters are often your best members - whether you agree or not.

And no - you absolutely should not or do not need to treat people online as you would in person. thats the beauty of the net. embellish, make memes, toss some shade. Reading some comments above make me think that people need to be reminded of this:

Last edited:

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Edit: I don't want to imply that countering some else's position is bad. Just do it without insulting them or making it personal.
I agree the forum has gotten more snippy. Social media is a communication of anonymity. It is easier to not empathize with someone, insult someone, or just blow someone off when you are anonymous. When you look someone in the eye, communication becomes very different. Even a phone call when words are verbally exchanged is more civil and more coherent than a text. It is easier to be an ass when behind the screen of anonymity. We all need to try a little harder to act as we would if we were face-to-face.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hold on wait a minute, this is a forum about a truck? . . .I thought we were a bunch of Top Gun : Maverick movie super fans!. . .well then. . .
I think early in the game the was a lot of "should I pull the order trigger" which eventually became "should I pull the remove the constrained item trigger"!

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hey! I wish I had my little truck to argue about. It's been over six months since I ordered and I'm just hoping it comes soon. The dealer has been good but I really have almost nothing from Ford. Even if I don't get the truck soon I'd like the VIN so I can secure financing (looking at those interest rates going up). It would help with the price of gas too.
Looking forward to getting it so I can start hacking.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Its kind of the nature of the beast. I was gonna buy a Bronco before I realized how poor I was. But I spent the whole of 2020 engrossed in Bronco6G. That place got wild. Legends passed away, half the folks posting often were getting banned left and right, all to come back with a different name. Moderators were deleting threads constantly with the politics hammer. Then people started getting Broncos and the aftermarket started responding in mass and thing mellowed out again. Every angry troll on here is just a happiest guy in the world to receive their Maverick waiting to happen.

mspmms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
'MERICA
Threads
Reaction score
U.S.A. Indianapolis, Indiana (Downtown Indy)
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I want to say this.

Scuffy internet forums are fun.

Sure, you dont want racism, or people making threats against others - but consider the alternative.

Alternative: members see admins locking threads and banning users for saying some stuff. then those reigns tighten. Users start over policing themselves in the name of "happy" and "nice".

Then - you lose your quality members.

See, some of you cant understand this - that sometimes you're snippiest members are also your best members. Whether they are hating, trolling, talking down - thats alright -as long as its in moderation.

But its also necessary.

Like, if I spent more time here, I'd likely be dunking on people all day for the crappy mods they're doing to their trucks.

Just look at this:

1652757435098.png

bZ80kX.gif

See - on a nice forum - i could get a warning (or maybe a ban!) for being critical of internet show and tell. And some of you would be happy that it happened.

But you'd lose a good member.

Some of the best people in the world are also dicks.

Also - feel free to explain why 'internet show and tell' has to be all nice. Why are you bringing something to the internet if you dont want feedback. Guy might feel bad - but then be like "oh snap wait that doesnt look good?" and he'd try some new - or be on the lookout for something cooler to do.

So back to this thing:

1652757598855.png

200.gif

Now after i get it out of my system - then maybe id start helping mans with some good suggestions - like what kind of exhaust would be rad. Or some suggestions on what wheels to get. Or removing the blue stuff from his truck because it looks not good. Or how about some tech support on a vibration or check engine light. Or quick tips on how to remove blue vinyl from a vehicle.

Point is - take the good with the bad. Mods should be there to quiet the animals down. - not separate them - and not banning them.

And its for that reason I'm still here. Mods here are chill here. Keep it that way.

Some of my favorite internets member over the last 24 years have been haters - and trust me - your haters are often your best members - whether you agree or not.

And no - you absolutely should not or do not need to treat people online as you would in person. thats the beauty of the net. embellish, make memes, toss some shade. Reading some comments above make me think that people need to be reminded of this:

(y) Agreed.
At the meme thread we often poke at our members and the MTC forum itself.

One of my posts there was being critical of several Mods made to someone's Maverick.

Ford Maverick Keep Maverick Truck Club Fun! office meme

A reminder that sometimes it is a good idea to just stop with all the Mods to the truck - but hey It's not my truck.
Sponsored

Last edited: