Sponsored

Knocka_stk

First Name
Vibez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
Would love to see some camping vlogs based around the maverick. There's no real quality content on youtube. I ordered my Eco-Boost Maverick fx4 awd in oxford white Jan. 12th primarily for work. I'll be receiving my Maverick order next month, however when I'm not using it as a work truck i'd like to take it off-roading for camping to know its capabilities. (im no camper btw)

Chicago Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shadow Black Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick Camping above the clouds with the Maverick (on  2” lift, 245/65 Wildpeaks, ROAM tent, Xtrusion Overland XTR1 rack)! 1650807558584

Where’s the truck!?

rodmatmor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey guys! Haven’t been on here for a while so just thought I’d share some photos from a recent trip. No particular reason, I just like them :)

I find myself answering the same several questions over and over again, so it’s a 2” lift, 245/65 Wildpeaks, ROAM tent, Xtrusion Overland XTR1 rack. If you’re interested to know more, I have more photos, setup details, a discount code for the Xtrusion rack, and even an FAQ highlight on my IG here.

If anyone is ever in Northern CA, drop me a line!

426BD4B8-3F7E-4164-A98D-8FE7935D0DE6.jpeg

CE9AFF4D-10D1-4EAA-89B1-73AEE0FDBEC9.jpeg

8CDF1EB9-2ED2-428E-A71A-10174C9ECE16.jpeg

4F6B8908-8E43-4850-8C9D-6192C2628D69.jpeg
It looks awesome! Congrats!

Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Would love to see some camping vlogs based around the maverick. There's no real quality content on youtube. I ordered my Eco-Boost Maverick fx4 awd in oxford white Jan. 12th primarily for work. I'll be receiving my Maverick order next month, however when I'm not using it as a work truck i'd like to take it off-roading for camping to know its capabilities. (im no camper btw)
I've spent probably 20 days in the Cascades and Olympics since getting my Maverick. You'll be amazed at how capable it is. The AWD system is sublime. Ford and GKN did a great job there.

Joseph Cobbs

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang, Honda Type R, Honda Fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Awesome job, your truck looks amazing. Mine is being built next week. I cannot wait to go surfing, wing foiling and of course camping. Great photos! Post more please. Dr. Joseph

Ford Maverick Camping above the clouds with the Maverick (on  2” lift, 245/65 Wildpeaks, ROAM tent, Xtrusion Overland XTR1 rack)! wing-foil-surfer

Ford Maverick Camping above the clouds with the Maverick (on  2” lift, 245/65 Wildpeaks, ROAM tent, Xtrusion Overland XTR1 rack)! 20220420_092558

Woodjoints

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vanagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice. Like someone said above, those could easily be Official Ford promo pics.

I was thinking if was further north. like Lost Coast, Mattole Road or thereabouts.

Curious to your MPG both highway and in the dirt, when you're loaded with gear and the RTT? Do you take the RTT and other gear off when not in use?

Sponsored
OP
OP
maverickfx4

maverickfx4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Looks great. I have a similar set up on my Raptor with an iKamper mini and a pull kitchen. Check out www.pullkitchen.com . Just but a Scout Olympic truck camper so I may move my set up to the Maverick or sell it. I will need to either retrofit my Front Runner racks or order this Xtruions. They look solid
That's awesome, I'd love a hardshell but couldn't swing the $$$ and it was too hard to manage getting it on and off (I'm small). Would love to have a kitchen setup eventually.

OP
OP
maverickfx4

maverickfx4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Nice. Like someone said above, those could easily be Official Ford promo pics.

I was thinking if was further north. like Lost Coast, Mattole Road or thereabouts.

Curious to your MPG both highway and in the dirt, when you're loaded with gear and the RTT? Do you take the RTT and other gear off when not in use?
Thanks! Haven't had the chance to make it up that far north just yet, but it's on the list.

I get asked this question a lot and it's so hard to answer because yes, I do take off everything except the rack when I get back from a trip. I do such varied terrain/driving conditions on every trip (i.e. random combination of 55-80mph hwy speeds, 5-30mpg in town or off-road, heavy crosswinds, lots of elevation changes over 10+ hours of driving) that it's hard to give a realistic mpg estimate. I get a decent hit on hwy with the tent on, but I've seen huge variations on the effect depending on speed, wind, etc. I'm going to try to keep a closer eye on the mpg on my next trip. Otherwise, I don't see much of a difference with and without the tent and gear in city/offroad conditions. I think it is mostly the height that causes drag on the hwy.

OP
OP
maverickfx4

maverickfx4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I really wish I had time to start a YouTube channel, seems cool. I honestly don't know what people do in camping vlogs haha

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Could those 245s fit on stock height? Ima big fan of the wildpeak trails, had them on the outback and would like to get another set for the Mav. Just not sure if staying stock or bumping up in size is worth the look if i start rubbing and dropping MPG

OP
OP
maverickfx4

maverickfx4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Could those 245s fit on stock height? Ima big fan of the wildpeak trails, had them on the outback and would like to get another set for the Mav. Just not sure if staying stock or bumping up in size is worth the look if i start rubbing and dropping MPG
Yes! 245/65 will fit stock without rubbing. I have seen conflicting info for 245/70. Some people say 245/70 doesn't rub and some say it does. Personally I tried AT3Ws in that size and don't see how you could get zero rubbing with no other modifications, but that is just my experience. Maybe some tires (i.e. brand/model) rub and some don't.
Sponsored