First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AWD EcoBoost
Getting closer to making this thing fit 😬

Ford Maverick JJC's Iconic Silver build IMG_7420

Had to get this bracket out of the way. I'll tack it back in place and touch it up once I'm happy with the subwoofer's placement.

Ford Maverick JJC's Iconic Silver build IMG_7414

Sound deadener and carpet arrived today, that should help tidy up the under seat appearance since the storage bins won't be going back in entirely. I can also get the front speakers installed now as I was waiting on the sound mat to avoid taking the door cards off twice.

Also went ahead and picked up matching Infinity speakers for the rear. Should have the audio upgrades finished up this weekend 🤞

Ford Maverick JJC's Iconic Silver build IMG_7445
Sponsored

Maverick-Guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renault Twingo Electric
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice work. I have questions:

1. The sub box; is that the 10” slim truck box?

2. Will the cone hit the bottom of the seat?

3. Could you have unbolted and removed the seat to drop the sub box instead of drilling the spot welds out to remove the bracket?

I ask about the unbolting of the seat because I don’t know how to weld. 😖

keep on posting! 🍻

OP
OP

JJC

Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AWD EcoBoost
Nice work. I have questions:

1. The sub box; is that the 10” slim truck box?

2. Will the cone hit the bottom of the seat?

3. Could you have unbolted and removed the seat to drop the sub box instead of drilling the spot welds out to remove the bracket?

I ask about the unbolting of the seat because I don’t know how to weld. 😖

keep on posting! 🍻
I’ve got the seat out now actually so I tried fitting the sub on the driver side, it’s a no go with the seat support in place. This is the 10”, I have a feeling the 8” version would fit right in without removing the bracket.

Ford Maverick JJC's Iconic Silver build 7905BF98-C4FA-4951-8EC2-B8064B9F48D8

Ford Maverick JJC's Iconic Silver build BBE76929-2BEE-4802-9F80-84A2F159E1E3

I’ve tested out the sub both up and down facing, going with down facing for the final install. A little more boom this way and I won’t have to worry about the sub being exposed or interfering with the seat bottom.

Ford Maverick JJC's Iconic Silver build 49509194-5C52-4391-B2ED-4AC45990B32E

Ford Maverick JJC's Iconic Silver build E268756C-B295-4084-956F-E8B678EC1522

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve got the seat out now actually so I tried fitting the sub on the driver side, it’s a no go with the seat support in place. This is the 10”, I have a feeling the 8” version would fit right in without removing the bracket.

7905BF98-C4FA-4951-8EC2-B8064B9F48D8.jpeg

BBE76929-2BEE-4802-9F80-84A2F159E1E3.jpeg

I’ve tested out the sub both up and down facing, going with down facing for the final install. A little more boom this way and I won’t have to worry about the sub being exposed or interfering with the seat bottom.

49509194-5C52-4391-B2ED-4AC45990B32E.jpeg

E268756C-B295-4084-956F-E8B678EC1522.jpeg
Great job in documenting. Your post of your results are a great help.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you Administrator for getting this thread started.

My Build specs as ordered from Granger Ford:
Iconic Silver Lariat - 2.0L AWD / 4k Tow Package / 17" Alloys & 235/65 Falken Wildpeak AT3W
Ordered: 7/12 Built: 10/14 Shipped: 10/16 Delivered: 11/21
OK JJC, now you've done it. I struggled and struggled about buying a Velocity Blue or Iconic Silver Maverick. My Dad always had blue trucks and I've never had one. Finally, after 4 months, I ordered a Velocity Blue XL, simply because I have had several Silver trucks in the past and decided on something a little different. Now, after seeing yours, for the first time since picking up my XL in November, I'm questioning my decision. Thanks a lot!

Seriously, you have a classic look truck and should be very proud. As others have said, yours may be the best looking Maverick I've seen. Great job. :cool:

Last edited:

Sponsored

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Started in on my audio upgrades yesterday by running all of the wiring for my amp. Front speakers arrived today, subwoofer should be here tomorrow. I think that combo will be adequate for now (y)

Parts ordered so far:
Rockford Fosgate R2-250X1 250-Watt Mono Amplifier
Kicker CK4 Complete 4 Gauge OFC CK-Series 2-Channel Amplifier Installation Kit
KICKER 46TL7T82 8 Inch 2 Ohm Thin Subwoofer Enclosure
Infinity Reference 6532EX - EZFit 6-1/2” Shallow Mount Coaxial Speakers
Metra 82-5605 6.5" Speaker Plate - Pair

IMG_7390.jpg

IMG_7391.jpg
Love your choice of Infinity Reference Speakers.

I've been listening to various speakers on the Crutchfield.com website through my headphones and have just about decided on the same Infinity Reference 6.5" series, except the 6530CS Component and the Infinity Reference 4032CFX- 4” Two-way for the rears. They seemed brighter on the highs and fuller mid-range and cleaner mid bass sound than the Powerbass OEM or Kicker replacements. The comparable JBL 601CF Concert series sounded almost exactly like the Infinity Reference, at least to me. When I can afford it, I'm probably going to also add a low power four channel 50W to 100W RMS per channel amp along with a DS18 V5HL 5 Channel Line Out Converter and a JBL 6" x 8" Nano sub.

Reactions: JJC
OP
OP

JJC

Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AWD EcoBoost
More progress from tonight. Made a bracket to mount my amp. Also started trimming the plastics to get them reinstalled around the subwoofer. It's crazy how much more room there is with the rear seat removed 🤯

Ford Maverick JJC's Iconic Silver build IMG_7627

Ford Maverick JJC's Iconic Silver build IMG_7623

OP
OP

JJC

Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AWD EcoBoost
Also realized I haven't posted any pics of the front lip/splitter I recently installed.

Ford Maverick JJC's Iconic Silver build IMG_5715

Ford Maverick JJC's Iconic Silver build IMG_5717

Ford Maverick JJC's Iconic Silver build IMG_5711.JPG

Ford Maverick JJC's Iconic Silver build IMG_5710.JPG

The splitter is a universal 66x21 chin spoiler. I trimmed it down about 7" making it 66 x 14. The lip is attached to the OEM lower valance with 3M VHB and stainless bolts/nuts/washers. I picked up the VHB and hardware from Menards as the screws that came with the spoiler didn't seem like they'd be adequate.

I then used some universal mud flaps from Tractor Supply that I cut down and used as the side deflectors. It looked pretty odd without these lol. These are attached using the OEM hardware. I used the OEM deflectors as a template to cut and drill the holes.

Ford Maverick JJC's Iconic Silver build IMG_7535

Also, I can't wait to see Maverick specific products, but for the meantime I'm improvising 🤣

Last edited:

Guymon72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier, KTM SuperDuke GT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Started in on my audio upgrades yesterday by running all of the wiring for my amp. Front speakers arrived today, subwoofer should be here tomorrow. I think that combo will be adequate for now (y)

Parts ordered so far:
Rockford Fosgate R2-250X1 250-Watt Mono Amplifier
Kicker CK4 Complete 4 Gauge OFC CK-Series 2-Channel Amplifier Installation Kit
KICKER 46TL7T82 8 Inch 2 Ohm Thin Subwoofer Enclosure
Infinity Reference 6532EX - EZFit 6-1/2” Shallow Mount Coaxial Speakers
Metra 82-5605 6.5" Speaker Plate - Pair

IMG_7384.jpg

IMG_7383.jpg

IMG_7390.jpg

IMG_7391.jpg

I had this Pioneer TS-A2000LB from my last truck, so I used it to make sure I had everything wired up correctly. I already had the plastics removed from taking measurements for the Kicker so this is how it looks with those removed. This Pioneer has such a small footprint that it looks like there's a ton of room under the seats :ROFLMAO:

IMG_7388.jpg

IMG_7387.jpg

IMG_7386.jpg

Here's a few pics of it in the driver's storage bin. It doesn't fit perfectly within the storage bin but it's really close, could probably make it fit better with just a little bit of trimming and then secure it to the cubby.

It's really not a bad little subwoofer for the price. I'm thinking I must have had it underpowered a bit in my last truck because it actually sounds pretty good down-firing under the Maverick's backseat. I'm still looking forward to getting the Kicker L7T, I don't think the two will really be any comparison.

IMG_7398.jpg

IMG_7394.jpg
What size is the Pioneer?

Sponsored
OP
OP

JJC

Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AWD EcoBoost
Added these Roush style rear side splitters. They're for 13-14 Mustangs but the length is similar to the rear bumper sides of the Maverick.

Ford Maverick JJC's Iconic Silver build IMG_7543

Ford Maverick JJC's Iconic Silver build IMG_5718.JPG

Ford Maverick JJC's Iconic Silver build IMG_5719.JPG

Ford Maverick JJC's Iconic Silver build IMG_5725.JPG

Ford Maverick JJC's Iconic Silver build IMG_5726.JPG

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Snap a pic with the door open, I bet the Silver/Brown combo is sick

Guymon72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier, KTM SuperDuke GT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
would the 10" Kicker fit behind the seat? Reason I ask is because I'm trying to get everything ready before mine arrives. Just checking out all options!! (and yes, I should have just clicked on the Pioneer link and I could've found out for myself that it was an 8) :(

OP
OP

JJC

Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AWD EcoBoost
would the 10" Kicker fit behind the seat? Reason I ask is because I'm trying to get everything ready before mine arrives. Just checking out all options!! (and yes, I should have just clicked on the Pioneer link and I could've found out for myself that it was an 8) :(
Do you have a power rear window? Mine does so that was one of the reasons I couldn't use the Kicker behind the seat. I think it's also a bit too deep. Unfortunately I didn't try it out to know for sure.

Here are some measurements I just took to try and show the available space behind the seat.

It seems 18" is the max width that would work with a power rear window without cutting away at the adjacent plastic trim to the left.
Ford Maverick JJC's Iconic Silver build IMG_7731

Roughly 12 1/2" between the upper bulkhead and the top of the cab vent.
Ford Maverick JJC's Iconic Silver build IMG_7730

Depth I'm not 100% on, but for reference the face of my Amp is mounted 3 1/2" from the back wall.
Ford Maverick JJC's Iconic Silver build IMG_7729

Top of my amp is about 1/4" from touching the seatback with it latched. So approx. 3.5" max depth at the very top of the flat area.
Ford Maverick JJC's Iconic Silver build IMG_7666

About an inch of space between the lowest point on the face of amp and seatback. I'd say about 5.5" max depth where the wall starts to angle towards the floor.
Ford Maverick JJC's Iconic Silver build IMG_7664

I think the easiest option for behind the rearseat is using a really slim, all-in-one unit like the Kicker Hideaway. I've tried a couple variations of those types and was not a fan, several others on here seem to like them though.

Otherwise, for a prefabbed enclosure I think the following dimensions are probably max.

Width: 18"
Height: 12.5"
Upper Depth: 3.5"
Lower Depth: 5.5"

Something I didn't really consider until now, but I think a spacer for the catch that's mounted on the back wall and some longer legs for the seatback would be a relatively simple way to increase available depth and accommodate a deeper enclosure. I'm not sure how much could be gained though; I'd think 1/4" or 1/2" would be relative safe?
Ford Maverick JJC's Iconic Silver build 1648155554616
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.