2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ford Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just finished installing some gloss black vinyl tailgate lettering and thought others might appreciate. Black on alto-blue is interesting. In direct daylight, the black looks really nice against the blue. In the shadows, the black more or less brings out the letters very subtly. I applied the vinyl decals wet, so I apologize for the remnant soap water streaks on the tailgate and letters. Gonna let these guys fully adhere overnight before hitting the car wash. I'm thinking I might apply some lightly smoked lightwrap to the tail lights next, then maybe dark out the chrome around the Ford emblem.

Ford Maverick ALTO BLUE Maverick Photos / Club 20220129_150644

Ford Maverick ALTO BLUE Maverick Photos / Club 20220129_150651
Sponsored

Enchalada

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just finished installing some gloss black vinyl tailgate lettering and thought others might appreciate. Black on alto-blue is interesting. In direct daylight, the black looks really nice against the blue. In the shadows, the black more or less brings out the letters very subtly. I applied the vinyl decals wet, so I apologize for the remnant soap water streaks on the tailgate and letters. Gonna let these guys fully adhere overnight before hitting the car wash. I'm thinking I might apply some lightly smoked lightwrap to the tail lights next, then maybe dark out the chrome around the Ford emblem.

20220129_150644.jpg

20220129_150651.jpg
Does the black reflect at night?

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

20220129_150644.jpg

20220129_150651.jpg
I used Matte Black raised inserts... very subtle .. Goes well with the black trim.

SlingerRing

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ford Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I used Matte Black raised inserts... very subtle .. Goes well with the black trim.
Yeah, I was sorta torn on that to. Would match nicely. Gloss black works with the metallic paint, though. Matte will be the way I go if these wear on me after a while.

SlingerRing

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ford Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sponsored

Calfrope

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered the XLT Alto Blue as well with every option. Excited to see the blue interior/exterior combo!
Me too, Alto blue with every option. To date, I still haven't seen an Alto blue Maverick live and in-person, so I can't wait to see this mythical creature. Ha!

raymaines

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just finished installing some gloss black vinyl tailgate lettering and thought others might appreciate.
I change my mind about every 45 minutes, but right now I'm thinking I'll go with the Black Platnium letters from Ford.

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

New to the community, as I'm in the beginning stages of researching. Think this color is gorgeous.

Wondering how it's holding up after a few washes. Is it a swirl magnet or does it shine due to the depth?

Can you tell I've had black sport cars and the wife currently has a black Tesla that swirls/scratches just looking at it.

Thanks
So far so good

Ford Maverick ALTO BLUE Maverick Photos / Club 2E29CEC9-0140-42C7-9642-424EC8BAAB5E

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yeah, I was sorta torn on that to. Would match nicely. Gloss black works with the metallic paint, though. Matte will be the way I go if these wear on me after a while.
I also took the bezel off from around the logo and coated it with matte black Flex Seal ... I didn't like the big chrome ring in the middle of the tailgate.

Ford Maverick ALTO BLUE Maverick Photos / Club PXL_20211222_151521672~2

TK421

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 HD Sporty, 2012 Honda Fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I also took the bezel off from around the logo and coated it with matte black Flex Seal ... I didn't like the big chrome ring in the middle of the tailgate.

PXL_20211222_151521672~2.jpg
Have been planing on the black stainless letters if mine ever gets built, now I’ll have to add doing the oval as well!
Nicely done!
What flex seal product did you use?

Sponsored

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Have been planing on the black stainless letters if mine ever gets built, now I’ll have to add doing the oval as well!
Nicely done!
What flex seal product did you use?
I just used the matte black flex seal in a spray can like you can get at Home Depot or wherever. I did take the logo off the truck and covered the center and the camera with blue tape before I sprayed it.

Enchalada

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I just used the matte black flex seal in a spray can like you can get at Home Depot or wherever. I did take the logo off the truck and covered the center and the camera with blue tape before I sprayed it.
Can you post a close up photo of the emblem?

TerryE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Me too, Alto blue with every option. To date, I still haven't seen an Alto blue Maverick live and in-person, so I can't wait to see this mythical creature. Ha!
You will love it!