First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I almost went with Cactus Gray, but then I figured out that all but 2 of the many many vehicles I have owned in my life have been black, gray, silver or white. So I decided I needed a color this time lol (and the Chevy Bolt I am also trying to buy is gray)
Cactus Gray is one of the most bizarre colors I've seen so far, first sighting on a Ford Bronco. At first it looks like a slightly tinted mint green color. In some light it looks off-white. On my way into work this morning I saw another Bronco that looked bluish in the gray, overcast morning. Cactus Gray needs to be renamed Chameleon. LOL!
Sponsored

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 KIA Sportage X-Line Prestige PHEV
Engine
Undecided
Cactus Gray is one of the most bizarre colors I've seen so far, first sighting on a Ford Bronco. At first it looks like a slightly tinted mint green color. In some light it looks off-white. On my way into work this morning I saw another Bronco that looked bluish in the gray, overcast morning. Cactus Gray needs to be renamed Chameleon. LOL!
It is wild, just like Area 51. The first time I saw a CG Bronco Sport, it was in the early morning light and I thought it was Area 51!

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sponsored

JibbersCrabst

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got my front windows tinted to match the rears. I don't get why they don't tint the fronts from the factory.. looks so much better this way.

Ford Maverick AREA 51 Maverick Photos / Club 20211213_165620

Sponsored

Chris McD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got my front windows tinted to match the rears. I don't get why they don't tint the fronts from the factory.. looks so much better this way.

20211213_165620.jpg

I asked someone this before but never got an answer. What tint % and type did you do to match the rear?

Thinking of doing this for mine. It's illegal to tint the front in Cali unless the tint comes straight from the factory. So it's a difficult thing to enforce and most cops don't care.

JibbersCrabst

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bc it’s illegal in some states
That's nuts, so some states ANY tint on the front is illegal? I know some have percentage limits but geez. Also FWIW a friend of mine just bought a brand new Hyundai and it came from the factory with tint on the front windows.

I asked someone this before but never got an answer. What tint % and type did you do to match the rear?

Thinking of doing this for mine. It's illegal to tint the front in Cali unless the tint comes straight from the factory. So it's a difficult thing to enforce and most cops don't care.
The guy at the tint shop said the factory tint tested at 24% on his meter so he tinted the front at 20% and it matched perfectly.

Chris McD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's nuts, so some states ANY tint on the front is illegal? I know some have percentage limits but geez. Also FWIW a friend of mine just bought a brand new Hyundai and it came from the factory with tint on the front windows.
I just checked again and apparently Cali is allowed 70% in the front, which is pretty much nothing. I run around 30% in front with my current car and have never been pulled over for the tint. If cops want to pull you over it will be for something else (speeding, reckless driving, etc.) and tack on a fix it for the tint. There are a few states with no tint allowed.

As for your friend, cars are allowed to have the factory tint at any percentage and still be legal, at least in California. I have no idea how cops can tell a factory from an aftermarket tint, so another reason why it's a pointless law to enforce.

https://windowtintlaws.us/

The guy at the tint shop said the factory tint tested at 24% on his meter so he tinted the front at 20% and it matched perfectly.
Awesome! Good to know.

JibbersCrabst

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lettering installed tonight, I ended up getting these from Etsy instead of using the vinyl stickers I bought. Much easier to install.

Ford Maverick AREA 51 Maverick Photos / Club 20211218_172959
Sponsored