Sponsored

rtcraft89

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E-500
Base models for sure. People are asking for cheap, well these are most likely such. FWD, probably 1.5T, halogen lights everything and black plastic instead of color matched and steel rims.

I’m not that customer, but nice to see those that want such price point may be able to get such.

Want more power? Gonna pay. Want better lights? Gonna pay. More features? Pay. Well, you get the idea.

Price will increase quick, just as any other vehicle, but probably can easily be compared to Escape and Bronco Sport in that regard. Test drive a base model Escape and that’s probably what you’d be looking at for Maverick as far as appointments and feel. One can also look at a base Bronco Sport to get an idea for base AWD Maverick.

Curious how much longer before Ford actually reveals. Seems like they may be ready for production when revealed or at least within a couple months.
This.

I don’t mind the body color not matching the doors, and with the Area 51 I’ve got my eye on, I think it even looks better by giving some contrast.

The only thing I would change is the wheels. That to me would be worth the upgrade.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mmmmmmm. Steelies. That makes me super happy.

So now they just need to confirm I cant get the 2.0 without spending an absurd amount (or by forcing me into higher tech packages I refuse to get) and Ill be all but set in getting a base. Looks perfect.

DanMustang70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I looked up the bronco sport and you can’t get the 2.0 until the top model. Which starts almost 10k more than the base. It seems likely this would work the same way.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone else notice in the video that one of the Mavericks is bright blue?

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This does look a lot like my Sport Trac which is a good thing. I've loved my ST for years and finally see what might be a great replacement. Might miss the driver-controllable 4WD though.

Ford Maverick Base Maverick XL Pickup Spied with Steelies, FWD, Unique Grille! + First Ever Maverick Video IMG_0132-02

Sponsored

dano0726

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why didn't the "new" Ranger have this front end (especially the headlights) when it was reintroduced a couple of years back?

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
But no Orange Hooks that is a signature Timberline feature...
Maybe still hidden under camo? Hooks are there just need some paint, the rest should be interior upgrades, maybe more aggressive tires?

Sponsored

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Why didn't the "new" Ranger have this front end (especially the headlights) when it was reintroduced a couple of years back?
The 2022 model will. The current Ranger is the one Ford's been building for a number of years in Australasia (#1 selling 4x4 in Aussie!) and allowed a quick introduction on a proven platform to test the US market with minimal risk. A new 2022 Ranger is in the works that will look more in-line with the Ford "look" from the new F-150.
Current Aussie Ranger (look familiar?):
Ford Maverick Base Maverick XL Pickup Spied with Steelies, FWD, Unique Grille! + First Ever Maverick Video 1617041239669

Here's a shot of the new 2022 Ranger Raptor. Notice the grill and nose:
Ford Maverick Base Maverick XL Pickup Spied with Steelies, FWD, Unique Grille! + First Ever Maverick Video 1617041563010

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Because the current 5g Ranger is based heavily on the global Ranger that has been around since 2012. Ford just did some minimal American-ization to the global Ranger to get it to meet US regulations. They didn't put any extra work/effort into it and rushed it out to try and reclaim a footing in the growing midsize truck market they stupidly abandoned in 2011.

The next 6g Ranger (2023) will very much have a similar front fascia and look to fall in line with all the other Ford trucks. Based on leaked renderings and test beds/prototypes driving around in the wild.

1617026295380.png
You beat me to it! Apparently, the Aussie and UK Ranger will look the same as well.
https://pickupand4x4.co.uk/ford-ranger-2022/

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Because the current 5g Ranger is based heavily on the global Ranger that has been around since 2012. Ford just did some minimal American-ization to the global Ranger to get it to meet US regulations. They didn't put any extra work/effort into it and rushed it out to try and reclaim a footing in the growing midsize truck market they stupidly abandoned in 2011.
Exactly! I think most people don't realize that the current Ranger was almost already 10 years old when it debuted here in the U.S. My Brother asked me recently why I wouldn't just buy a Ranger instead of waiting for the Maverick and I explained that one of the reasons is because it's already an outdated vehicle. He argued that Ford just started selling it two years ago, so I had to explain the whole thing to him.

rtcraft89

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E-500
Exactly! I think most people don't realize that the current Ranger was almost already 10 years old when it debuted here in the U.S. My Brother asked me recently why I wouldn't just buy a Ranger instead of waiting for the Maverick and I explained that one of the reasons is because it's already an outdated vehicle. He argued that Ford just started selling it two years ago, so I had to explain the whole thing to him.
This makes a lot of sense know that I think about it. I test drive one of these a few weeks ago and was very underwhelmed.

99Mustang

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mustang 07 F150 17 Fiesta
So if we go by the video

First appearance: base model trim, first one with out front hooks, interestingly enough break lights seem to look pretty similar in both, first appearance of the 'rib' (looks like metal rib paneling profile) grill, the horizontal trim is matte black to match (as if it was all a single molding)

at the 50 second mark: Biggest wheels matched mirror and handles, independent rear suspension LED lights, looks to be a higher end model, we've seen this one before, the horizontal slab seems like a silver piece of trim (maaaybe white to match body?), we haven't seen this grill design yet

1616792716064.png

at 1:04 we see this one, no matched mirrors, no matched handle, dark shiny gray

1616793493172.png

now it would seem like this is the next level up, since the mirrors are matched even though the handles aren't

1616793565347.png

and my personnal fav has not made an appearance in this video, again with matched mirrors and matched handles and LED's, hopefully those LEDs aren't limited to just the top trims

1616793615235.png
I.m lovin' the sunroof option.
Sponsored