Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I had some custom decals made for the sides and guess who I used for my logo for them ? My tire guy that I bought the BF Goodrich tires from said the Pirelli Scorpion ATR All Terrain tires that I took off said they are specially made for Ford and they are very low quality made tires and I would not had gotten probably 15,000 to 20,000 miles out of them. He said the factory tires are very cheap made tires that all the brands make for these vehicle manufacturers.

IMG_1449.jpg

IMG_1451.jpg

IMG_1454.jpg
Your tire guy is clueless. I’ve bought at least 10 new cars and every single tire, all 40 of them have been fine tires. He’s trying to sell you something you don’t need.
Sponsored

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

When I bought my last new car less than a 100 miles & some douchebag put a ding in it in the wmart parking lot. The area 51 color was the first thing I noticed in a June picture of a Then unknown Maverick, & thought I want that color.
I bought a brand new 2011 Fiesta and some kid went speeding through the cross walk on his BMX 20" bike after the light turned "don't walk" and slammed into the side of my car so hard the tire left a dent in the rear quarter panel as he tried to swerve away. Think I had it 3 months at that time.

Then I bought a new 2012 Focus hatchback and had that 8 months before getting dinged. It was parked at my apartment. Some girls upstairs were moving and instead of asking me and others to move our cars, they must have been walking between our parked cars with thier furniture. I came outside after they were gone (I didn't know they were moving out until after the fact) and found a good size ding in my rear left door with white paint on it and soda on it. They must have been carrying some piece of furniture while holding a drink in thier hand. The whole time I had the car (almost 7 years) that was the only eyesore ding.

That fact that I have no dings in my Escape for 3+ years is a miracle.

NCbronco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick2017 F250, 2017 CR-V, 1974 Bronco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your tire guy is clueless. I’ve bought at least 10 new cars and every single tire, all 40 of them have been fine tires. He’s trying to sell you something you don’t need.
Before he had even told me what he did, We bought a new 2017 Honda CR-V that my wife drives and it came with Hankook tires from the factory and when we had to get the yearly State Inspection done on it in 2019 the tires with only 18,500 miles on them would not pass the yearly inspection to keep driving on the highway. They where worn out with just two years of driving on them. So when he told me what he did I believe him completely. This tire guy has been putting on tires for almost 50 years now, so I don`t think he is clueless by no means to be in business that long. You believe what you want to and I will believe what I do. By the way do a Google search on factory vehicle tires and see how they hold up.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Before he had even told me what he did, We bought a new 2017 Honda CR-V that my wife drives and it came with Hankook tires from the factory and when we had to get the yearly State Inspection done on it in 2019 the tires with only 18,500 miles on them would not pass the yearly inspection to keep driving on the highway. They where worn out with just two years of driving on them. So when he told me what he did I believe him completely. This tire guy has been putting on tires for almost 50 years now, so I don`t think he is clueless by no means to be in business that long. You believe what you want to and I will believe what I do. By the way do a Google search on factory vehicle tires and see how they hold up.
Did a google search and 1 article from 2011 says vehicle manufacturers wanted soft rubber tires…. The rest show that New Car tires should last around 50 thousand miles…. That’s about a mid grade tire.

Sponsored

NCbronco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick2017 F250, 2017 CR-V, 1974 Bronco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did a google search and 1 article from 2011 says vehicle manufacturers wanted soft rubber tires…. The rest show that New Car tires should last around 50 thousand miles…. That’s about a mid grade tire.
We will see how long they will last, they only made them for the Bronco Sport and Maverick. Nothing else. You will be lucky to get 25,000 out of them. Time will tell !!!

https://www.moderntiredealer.com/ar...ns-new-tire-for-ford-bronco-and-ford-maverick

Luther

First Name
Luther
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.starweb.one
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang v6
Ordered July 7
AWD & 4K Tow from factory

I canceled all the options as Tim at Long McArthur suggested...
immediately got a build date:
Week of Oct 4
Built on Oct 8
Arrived Long McArthur Oct 28

Then....
.The Long McArthur crew buffed me out !!!!
A giant shout out to Blake and his team at Long McArthur Performance .. WELL DONE!!

lifted 2 in
31 in AT tires
tinted front windows
mud flaps , floor mats
undercoating, spray in bedliner
custom graphics

Everything under warranty

Ford Maverick AREA 51 Maverick Photos / Club imagejpeg_0(7)

Deleted member 2764

I had to shout out, I received an email from Ford my Area 51 XLT Lux is built, even though the tracker says still in production. Ordered 8/16, build scheduled for 11/1, blend date 10/27, built email 11/12, ETA to Cle, Ohio 12/12 - 12/18. Fingers are crossed! Everyone hang in there, builds and tracking are like trying to predict the weather in these times.

Sponsored