Sponsored

What type of aftermarket goodies are you hoping for?

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Since were getting closer and closer to reveal/launch Im just curious (and looking for more ideas) about what they could possibly offer in the realm of aftermarket parts to make the Maverick more useful or cool or better. Hopefully this thing takes off like the big Bronco where all the companies are gonna dip their toes into neat aftermarket goodies.

Some of the stuff Im gonna keep my eye out for:

- Idle Start/stop kill switch harness - Or just a quick fix. Does this exist yet for the Escape platform? I know its basically mod number 1 that most F150 owners do.

- Ladder rack/roof rack combo for longer items.
Like this: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/attachments/img_20200117_140327-jpg.43623/
Or this: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/LtbVMbkBwLU/maxresdefault.jpg

- Small lift kit - Probably going to be compatible with Bronco Sport kits already being produced Id think?

- Steel wheels - If end up not being able to option it with them from the factory, or they look awful, Ill look into aftermarket options.

- Fender flares of some sort - Hopefully someone can whip up something to make the side view of the truck look a bit nicer (and cover slightly wider wheels if someone wanted them).

- Mountune performance goodies - I dont care if I wind up with the 1.5 or 2.0, Ill be exploring any and all goodies Mountune produces for this platform.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cheater Slicks ...
after its tuned by ............. it going to the Track ! :)
If they made something like an ST street version of this truck Id be overjoyed. A manual, front wheel drive, modified 2.0 ecoboost truck would be a stupid fun toy.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2020 HPP mustang
If they made something like an ST street version of this truck Id be overjoyed. A manual, front wheel drive, modified 2.0 ecoboost truck would be a stupid fun toy.
We will find out !
Regards
Doc

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since were getting closer and closer to reveal/launch Im just curious (and looking for more ideas) about what they could possibly offer in the realm of aftermarket parts to make the Maverick more useful or cool or better. Hopefully this thing takes off like the big Bronco where all the companies are gonna dip their toes into neat aftermarket goodies.

Some of the stuff Im gonna keep my eye out for:
- Idle Start/stop kill switch harness - Or just a quick fix. Does this exist yet for the Escape platform? I know its basically mod number 1 that most F150 owners do.

- Ladder rack/roof rack combo for longer items.
Like this: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/attachments/img_20200117_140327-jpg.43623/
Or this: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/LtbVMbkBwLU/maxresdefault.jpg

- Small lift kit - Probably going to be compatible with Bronco Sport kits already being produced Id think?

- Steel wheels - If end up not being able to option it with them from the factory, or they look awful, Ill look into aftermarket options.

- Fender flares of some sort - Hopefully someone can whip up something to make the side view of the truck look a bit nicer (and cover slightly wider wheels if someone wanted them).

- Mountune performance goodies - I dont care if I wind up with the 1.5 or 2.0, Ill be exploring any and all goodies Mountune produces for this platform.
I'm similar with a lot of those things.

Ladder style Rack: I will likely want some sort of ladder style rack or integration with a roof rack to make carrying kayak/canoes easier.

Cap: I also want to get a cap so that my gear doesn't get just covered in dust from longer camping trips. I pack most things in gasket boxes now, but it would be nice to not have the boxes completely caked. This could potentially be integrated with the rack, esp. if it was easy enough to take on and off if needed.

Small lift: My desire for a small lift depends on what options you can get from the factory. The Bronco Sport has lift kits, but some don't seem to be great yet. Hopefully the Bronco Sport will help them get things figured out before the Maverick launches. The Bronco Sport has 8.8 in of ground clearance, and if the Maverick Sport comes in a package that's similar, I might be satisfied with maybe trying slightly larger tires. If the lift kits get good reviews though, I'd be happy to be at 9.5-10 inch range. I'm not interested in a Maverick to jack it up to the sky though as it's obviously not the best platform for that.

Skid plates: While I don't care if I can jack it up, I want some underbody protection for when I'm pushing those ground clearance limits.

Sponsored

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm similar with a lot of those things.

Ladder style Rack: I will likely want some sort of ladder style rack or integration with a roof rack to make carrying kayak/canoes easier.

Cap: I also want to get a cap so that my gear doesn't get just covered in dust from longer camping trips. I pack most things in gasket boxes now, but it would be nice to not have the boxes completely caked. This could potentially be integrated with the rack, esp. if it was easy enough to take on and off if needed.

Small lift: My desire for a small lift depends on what options you can get from the factory. The Bronco Sport has lift kits, but some don't seem to be great yet. Hopefully the Bronco Sport will help them get things figured out before the Maverick launches. The Bronco Sport has 8.8 in of ground clearance, and if the Maverick Sport comes in a package that's similar, I might be satisfied with maybe trying slightly larger tires. If the lift kits get good reviews though, I'd be happy to be at 9.5-10 inch range. I'm not interested in a Maverick to jack it up to the sky though as it's obviously not the best platform for that.

Skid plates: While I don't care if I can jack it up, I want some underbody protection for when I'm pushing those ground clearance limits.
I’ll be lowering this one ...
Regards

99Mustang

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mustang 07 F150 17 Fiesta
Cheater Slicks ...
after its tuned by ............. it going to the Track ! :)
I'll meet you there Doc. We'll race the Mav's for pink slips. LOL.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll meet you there Doc. We'll race the Mav's for pink slips. LOL.
Ranger going to the track Friday ..again on stock Tires..

Ordered Cheater Slicks and Wheels today from Tire Rack
Ranger spins through 3rd gear so we will see the outcome with the Mickey Thompsons at the next test and Tune..
Regards
Doc

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
Brush guard! For all the people that blindly change lanes with out looking, I would also like to see some more interesting break lights and lots of grill designs (maybe a maverick 'FORD' raptor grill?

Sponsored

J_Garn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's crazy how in-line Mav buyers are with needs. A slight lift and ladder rack would be absolutely perfect for me. Ideally I could get a cap w/ racks integrated to that, with ladders expanding over the truck cab. That way getting my kayak on/off and keeping wet gear in the bed would be a breeze. I'd also then have a closed area to keep golf clubs and other dirty/smelly things and not have to worry.

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I'd like to see either a "Timberline" or "Tremor" off-road package, at the very least a Lariat 4WD package with all the goodies (leather seats, climate control, upgraded sound system, etc). Looks like they already did a great job picking the alloys for the Lariat package from the just released photo in what Ford calls "magnetic"... Decent running boards like the Ranger has, if not included w one of above packages, bed trunk (like the Ridgeline) since it doesn't have a solid rear axle just like the Ridgeline, Class 3 hitch, towing capacity of at least 4,000 lb., oh and available in Anti-Matter Blue or Ford Performance Blue, Rapid Red, or Cyber Orange

dp4616

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am probably going to see if I can fit just a size up tire all-terrains, specifically I LOVE Cooper AT3s. If they can get a little beefier - I dont think I will need to lift it. I also like mentioned above hope they have a version with steelies, or 15in wheels.

Bed Extender to the tailgate. Thats probably it for me.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tune and Cheater Slicks ...