Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's impressive! Congrats :) I wish my order experience was this smooth. I waited, and waited and eventually just had to go find my own. It may have been my dealer's fault, but I coaxed and coached as much as I could based on feedback here and from other dealers. Now to work on getting my deposit back.
I understand, I have my own dealer horror stories as well. But, for the Dealer at Tolliver Ford in Mineola Texas this was their first Maverick order and sales. They were happy to have it for a day to be able and look around. I picked it up Wednesday about 4:30 PM and we drove it home. When we got home it was dark so I didn't look it over any. Yesterday I drove it to Tyler which is about a 45-50 minute drive which I enjoyed. But, I had meetings all day until 3:00 PM when I drove home. So, I didn't get to explore much which for me is the most enjoyable part of a new vehicle. Shoot I don't even allow the dealers to go over the features of a new vehicle so I can discover them my self.

Interestingly, I purchased a new 2003 Sonoma ZRX back in the day. Its MSRP was very close to my new Maverick (Mid $20k) with very similar physical equipment but obviously a lot less technology, So, here we are 18 years later and for the same price I purchased the XL crew cab with all the technology features. The only thing the ZRX had that the XL does not is cruise which I will add eventually. I think that is amazing and kudos go to Ford. The ZRX was my favorite truck but perhaps the Maverick will surpass it.

I'll write my review once I get outside and get to playing with it.

Ford Maverick VELOCITY BLUE Maverick Photos / Club C2A18865-DADD-48E8-853F-D74F03658536
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Administrator

Administrator

2.0L EcoBoost
Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really like the steering wheel and console trim. Anything available other than carbon fiber?
The same eBay dealer also had red and blue. When I find the manufacturer, I'll post more info.

Sponsored

Kriston

First Name
Kriston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Lots of ice, snow, rocks, and mud. Truck did great until the snow got upwards of a foot deep. Was worried about punctures with the Pirelli Scorpion ATR's but they held up just fine. Definately needs more ground clearance and more tire. Excited to do some more serious off-roading in the future.

Ford Maverick VELOCITY BLUE Maverick Photos / Club 20211121_150032

Ford Maverick VELOCITY BLUE Maverick Photos / Club 20211121_142150

Ecl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eli Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 hhr ss, 93 f250, 17 explorer platinum
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick VELOCITY BLUE Maverick Photos / Club IMG_20211121_142141_153
Ford Maverick VELOCITY BLUE Maverick Photos / Club IMG_20211121_142141_321
Just picked ours up the other day, XL ecoboost AWD. Got some pictures of it with my other car, 2009 HHR SS. This will take over daily driving from the 93 f250 we recently sold, the HHR is more my project/fun car just been driving as the daily since the other truck sold faster than expected.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
IMG_20211121_142141_153.jpg
IMG_20211121_142141_321.jpg
Just picked ours up the other day, XL ecoboost AWD. Got some pictures of it with my other car, 2009 HHR SS. This will take over daily driving from the 93 f250 we recently sold, the HHR is more my project/fun car just been driving as the daily since the other truck sold faster than expected.
I lived in Northern Nevada for 16 years. I'm trying to figure out from the hills in the background if you're in Spanish Springs or Fernley.

Ecl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eli Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 hhr ss, 93 f250, 17 explorer platinum
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I lived in Northern Nevada for 16 years. I'm trying to figure out from the hills in the background if you're in Spanish Springs or Fernley.
Actually over in the elko/spring creek area, Couple hours east

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Actually over in the elko/spring creek area, Couple hours east
I have a friend that lives in Spring Creek. Had the Rubies been visible, I might have figured it out. I have been to Lamoille Canyon many, many times. Beautiful area.

Reactions: Ecl
Sponsored

TMBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non Ford
Engine
Undecided
I’ve have had mine for a week and just got my tint and new tires put on today, so it feels like it’s time to show. 25% front window tint and 235 Toyo AT3s. Love the look of the tires and once I put some mileage on them, I’ll have a better idea of how they effect handling and mpg.

I’m now debating on removing the fx4 sticker or replacing it with a black one. Then the next project is blacking out the silver grille bar and building a storage system in the back seat. We’ll see how much I can get accomplished in the next few weekends.

Loving the Velocity Blue, it’s great looking in all weather conditions (it’s been rainy and stormy all day in the pnw but it still looks nice!)

F7F0FEEA-5312-4846-829D-2A285AD1512B.jpeg
What dealer did you make the purchase from in the PNW? also, did you see how much work there was to get to the from bar to have it painted? Great looking rig

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve have had mine for a week and just got my tint and new tires put on today, so it feels like it’s time to show. 25% front window tint and 235 Toyo AT3s. Love the look of the tires and once I put some mileage on them, I’ll have a better idea of how they effect handling and mpg.

I’m now debating on removing the fx4 sticker or replacing it with a black one. Then the next project is blacking out the silver grille bar and building a storage system in the back seat. We’ll see how much I can get accomplished in the next few weekends.

Loving the Velocity Blue, it’s great looking in all weather conditions (it’s been rainy and stormy all day in the pnw but it still looks nice!)

F7F0FEEA-5312-4846-829D-2A285AD1512B.jpeg
I ordered this all black FX4 first. https://www.ebay.com/itm/224039788645

Then received it and not in love with them. Now I ordered this one instead: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1101832203/ford-fx4-series-maverick-ranger-f150

I haven't settled on tires yet. I too want to black out my silver Lariat grill bar. And I am going with a black Ford emblem. I am trying to decide if I want to turn the black part of the grill bar between the upper and lower silver cyber orange. I am going to play around with photoshop this weekend to make a final decision.

TheBear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What dealer did you make the purchase from in the PNW? also, did you see how much work there was to get to the from bar to have it painted? Great looking rig
I got mine from Harris Ford, up in Lynnwood (they also own Pierre Ford in Seattle). They were great, and are a decent sized dealer so I seemed to have lucked out in the ordering lottery.

I watched Mr Booms video a few times about his removal of the grille to get to the bar and emblem and I either am going to attempt to remove it without taking the whole grille off if there is enough play once your remove the top connectors, to sort of “bend” the grill forward to access the bolts on the bar or I’m just going to have to take the whole thing off like him. I decided I’m going to do that once it warms up a bit so maybe by then someone else has figured it out.

TheBear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered this all black FX4 first. https://www.ebay.com/itm/224039788645

Then received it and not in love with them. Now I ordered this one instead: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1101832203/ford-fx4-series-maverick-ranger-f150

I haven't settled on tires yet. I too want to black out my silver Lariat grill bar. And I am going with a black Ford emblem. I am trying to decide if I want to turn the black part of the grill bar between the upper and lower silver cyber orange. I am going to play around with photoshop this weekend to make a final decision.
I ordered that exact same one from Etsy and I am too indecisive to take the original red one off and keep it off or replace with the black one. I goofed on the Rokblokz mud flaps color (I got the grey thinking it was going to be much much darker) and so right now the original fx4 sticker accents ok with the nearly white RB logo. If I black out the mud flap logo, I’ll probably put the black stickers on. Once the Yakima racks make their way on, then I’ll have a few more colors to clash with and I can lose my mind even further.

I’m going to paint the grille bar once it warms up (March??) and will do the emblems at the same time. The silver bar really bothers me with the black wheels, the XLT FX4 looks much better.

Ford Maverick VELOCITY BLUE Maverick Photos / Club D36D9332-3CEF-48A4-8896-32E0A1D4E05C
Sponsored