Sponsored

Pacific Northwest Mavericks

This is a club/group for members from the Pacific Northwest to join and mingle (Washington/Oregon/Idaho)
John Larson
I just bought a used 2024 Maverick 2.5 a few months ago. I am getting ready to do a oil change. Is it possible to leave the card board under cover off permanently? It is a nuisance to remove & I am not a off road person. Thanks for your reply. John Larson/Auburn
Show full message↓
Ben6berry
Ben6berry
Might want to ask the general community. I have no idea on this one and this part of the board isn't super active.
Prickly Pear
Prickly Pear
John, do a search of the forum and you can find several threads on this subject. To summarize what I think I know and have read, yes the shield is a pain in the ass to remove/install. I did my first one while my trick was still dripping wet from a rain shower and got extra soaked messing with the screws. The forum consensus seems to be that the cover might help with aerodynamics and fuel economy, and it for sure keeps everything in the lower engine compartment cleaner than driving with it removed. A tip I picked up from a member is to go under the truck when it is dry and hit all the screw locations with a shot of contrasting spray paint. I have not done it yet (only one oil change so far) but it will definitely save time during both removal and installation.
John Larson
John Larson
I went ahead & cut larger holes in the undercover to service the oil filter & oil plug. I was able to cut the card board undercover with a sharp razor knife. The undercover is still in tact & I am able to service the engine easily. John Larson

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
MAVERICK CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
152
Total events
0
Total views
10,352







Top