Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hopefully we can continue to see production of the Maverick continue to increase to meet the number of orders + demand for retail units.
They can only produce IF they have parts…that’s the problem
Fortunately mine was made October 14th….hopefully here by November 18th
Sponsored

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
I did my part;)

Coast Beaver

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima, Subaru Outback
Highlights
  • Sales of the all-new Maverick totaled 4,140, outselling Hyundai’s all-new Santa Cruz (sold 1,848) for the month.
  • Turning on dealer lots in less than 5 day
  • Over a quarter of Maverick customers are between the age of 18 to 35; this is more than double the overall industry rate for this age group of just 12 percent.

Overall October 2021 Ford Sales Highlights
  • New products, strong inventory make Ford America’s top-selling automaker for second straight month.
  • Ford brand SUVs post best October results in 21 years.
  • F-Series expands lead.
  • October new vehicle orders hit 77,000.
  • Lincoln brand SUV sales continue to climb.
  • October new vehicle orders hit 77,000.
  • October 2021 total US Sales: 175,918 vehicles.
  • 32% of retail sales in October came from a previously placed new vehicle order.
  • In a few weeks, Ford begins production of its all new E-Transit.
  • All electric F-150 Lightning has now accumulated over 160,000 reservations.
  • For F-Series, strong SUV sales driven by Bronco, Bronco Sport, Mustang Mach-E, and first full month of Maverick sales fueled October performance.
  • Overall sales were down 4.0% (YoY from October 2020).
  • Retail sales were down 3.8% (YoY from October 2020).

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 10.33.48 AM.jpg

OCTOBER 2021 SALES

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 10.34.01 AM.jpg

OCTOBER 2021 INVENTORY

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 10.34.10 AM.jpg

OCTOBER 2021 PRODUCTION

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 10.34.20 AM.jpg
Sales of 4,00 per month is POOR. I would expect double that.

Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can't help but wonder..... imagine a perfect world, where all the Mav trims were plentiful on dealer lots at launch.

What would October sales be?

That's gotta be such a gut-punch feeling for all the Ford exec's who can't get product to meet demand. 😬
like the maverick a lot , but I think that any vehicle available for sale will preatty much sell these days. ford honda toyota...

Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So if they up their production to 7,000 a month and they only have 84,000 (asuming about 16,000 of the ordered 100,000 have been delivered) it will only take 12 months for them to fill all the orders. Guess I was being extreemly overly optimistic thinking that the XLT Hybrid I ordered in late October might be here by Feb. 🤷‍♂️ Hope my trade in does not tank in value in that time.
if my july hybrid arrives in march-april I will be lucky.

Sponsored

Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What happens to the ~1500 maverick produced between june-august? are they sold to consumers? to employees and then put in the market? ok testing and fine tuning manufacturing but that a preatty big number.

BMCGC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65/67 Mustang 22 Santa Cruz 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In industry the cost of goods sold decreases as each unit is produced, this stop go production has got to be killing Ford. Machines aren't profitable when they are idle, so this is a perfect storm of pandemic, consumer demand woefully misjudged and a supply chain not flexible enough to meet the new paradigm (i.e. more ports, drivers, and oh yes why don't we make chips here... I bet we do now).
Cost of goods sold is a business expense and is the direct cost of producing the goods sold by a company. Direct cost and variable cost impact profitability and the company's bottom line. Shuttering a production line does not substantially impact direct or variable cost, but producing fewer units does impact profitability.

Yeah, the accounting degree hasn't made me ten cents, but has made me an internet expert.

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What happens to the ~1500 maverick produced between june-august? are they sold to consumers? to employees and then put in the market? ok testing and fine tuning manufacturing but that a preatty big number.
Anything produced before August has/will be destroyed. I believe all the August builds were dealer stock, so they've mostly been sold off lots I presume.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sales of 4,00 per month is POOR. I would expect double that.
Consider that something like a third of those can't be sold because they're hybrids. And then probably 1/2-2/3 of those remaining Ecoboost in October are still in transit to delivery.

Sponsored

BMCGC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65/67 Mustang 22 Santa Cruz 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This wordplay is a bit confusing.

Do we know how many orders have actually been placed for a Maverick?

Does an actual order have to be placed through a dealership?

Is there any other way to place an order?

What is a reservation and does it impact existing or future orders?

Other than parts availability, what determines the order that Mavericks are built?

MarkiNovi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer Sport Trac
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So if they up their production to 7,000 a month and they only have 84,000 (asuming about 16,000 of the ordered 100,000 have been delivered) it will only take 12 months for them to fill all the orders. Guess I was being extreemly overly optimistic thinking that the XLT Hybrid I ordered in late October might be here by Feb. 🤷‍♂️ Hope my trade in does not tank in value in that time.
I was worried about the same thing, so I turned in my '09 Explorer Sport Trac at a Chrysler Dealership and they gave me a really great price, realizing that the price would more than likely drop in the coming year. I had to shop around though.

First Name
Saurabh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Only 1/4 of Maverick sales are to people 18-35? Id say they really missed their targeted sales demographic.
I feel like many parents over 35 would have bought it for their 18-20 year old college kids. I know my friends dad did the same.

First Name
Saurabh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Not necessarily because dealer allocations are very important in determining who gets scheduled.
Wait so if I ordered from a wrong dealer in August, some one with the exact same buuld but different dealer who placed an order in let's say October, could get scheduled before me?