Sponsored

brokeassfarm

First Name
Paula
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I’ve ordered basically same but in hot pepper red. I too ordered large spare.
I’m concerned about the add on charges from the dealer. My $35,000 truck is going to cost me $42,000 with dealer prep, protection package for $1,300 I have no idea what that charge is ? Plus lots other fee charges. Anyone else experiencing anything like these? I thought FORD was trying to keep cost down. Thanks
Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Only with Larait/LUX package-
Base Lariat has Intelligent access so you don't need the luxury package for the feature. Possibly only on the front door handles as well. On the trainer I saw I noticed the rear handles don't have the serrations for where you'd touch to lock, but not having a key couldn't test if they were still able to be unlocked.

RAMS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Kia Sorento SX & 2007 Infiniti M35x
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Jukebox Nero, do I understand correctly that there is no homelink button in the sun visor ? That would be a major fail on Fords part IMHO. This validates my decision to wait out the first year.
Not sure why Ford would drop the ball and not include home link. But did some research before my truck arrives and most garage openers made after 2004 . Can use this item I found on Amazon. Super easy to install and can open garage with my phone. Helps out for bike rides with kids now. MyQ Chamberlian Smart Garage.

myQ Chamberlain Smart Garage Control - Wireless Garage Hub and Sensor with Wifi & Bluetooth - Smartphone Controlled, New Design, myQ-G0401-ES, White

OP
OP
Jukebox Nero

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
Awesome, this is exactly my build except mine won't have FX4. Just noticed you're in UT, hopefully I'll see you on the road sometime, still haven't seen a Maverick in the wild.
I had to go into the Endodontist today and Waze took me to the wrong address in West Jordan. On the way to the correct address via Google, I ran across an A51 in the wild. Surprised me a little so I knocked on the door where a house was being worked on just to briefly say "hi" to the owner. I kind of like that color in person. I should've snapped a picture with them next to each other.

has anyone tackled any steep mountian highway decents? I have a place in CO and have to do a lot of Hwy 70 driving and taking on passes like Loveland and Berthoud. My current 328 has selectable shift automatic which allows me to downshift and engine break and maintain speed on the steep grades. The Ford 8-speed does not have this. Additionally, I'd be doing this without any real towing/hauling most of time. I'm hearing that the Tow/Haul mode might do a good enough job of this, but not any real world feedback. Would love to hear of anyone's experiences.
I drove on some pretty steep grades around Durango, CO. They are nothing like Old Monarch Pass, but Maverick held up well. Note I wasn't towing anything, but I found out the Hill Descent Assist wants you to be under 25 MPH when using it.

Erwin_R

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ford Explorer
Engine
Undecided
Not sure why Ford would drop the ball and not include home link. But did some research before my truck arrives and most garage openers made after 2004 . Can use this item I found on Amazon. Super easy to install and can open garage with my phone. Helps out for bike rides with kids now. MyQ Chamberlian Smart Garage.

myQ Chamberlain Smart Garage Control - Wireless Garage Hub and Sensor with Wifi & Bluetooth - Smartphone Controlled, New Design, myQ-G0401-ES, White
Or use the remote the garage opener came with.
Jon

Sponsored

MattyG

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav 2.0 AWD, Lariat Lux, FX4, 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had to go into the Endodontist today and Waze took me to the wrong address in West Jordan. On the way to the correct address via Google, I ran across an A51 in the wild. Surprised me a little so I knocked on the door where a house was being worked on just to briefly say "hi" to the owner. I kind of like that color in person. I should've snapped a picture with them next to each other.

I drove on some pretty steep grades around Durango, CO. They are nothing like Old Monarch Pass, but Maverick held up well. Note I wasn't towing anything, but I found out the Hill Descent Assist wants you to be under 25 MPH when using it.
Hi thanks for the reply. I'm more curious how well the Tow/Haul mode downshifts and controls the speed without riding the brakes downhill for 2000ft at 80mph. Like you mentioned, DHA is intended for off road and doesn't work above 25mph.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In twenty five years of off road adventures I have never thought about using a hill descent type feature - on/off brake and a light throttle has always worked for me - What am I missing ? -)

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In twenty five years of off road adventures I have never thought about using a hill descent type feature - on/off brake and a light throttle has always worked for me - What am I missing ? -)
It just makes life a little easier, kind of the way cruise control does on the highway. My offroad 101 instructor made me turn off all electronic assist systems so I would learn how to do everything myself. But I'll admit to using it in the Wrangler I had, it worked very well.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It just makes life a little easier, kind of the way cruise control does on the highway. My offroad 101 instructor made me turn off all electronic assist systems so I would learn how to do everything myself. But I'll admit to using it in the Wrangler I had, it worked very well.
I think it would be good in chunky ass rock descents but I think most of those instance would be above the Mavericks pay grade.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think it would be good in chunky ass rock descents but I think most of those instance would be above the Mavericks pay grade.
Oh yes, absolutely.

Sponsored

TC in MN

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav XLT, CG, 2.0, AWD, Lux, tow, 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello, your review mentioned the Mavericks backup lights are not the best. Knowing that someday my XLT will get built, I did some researching for backup lights. The Mavericks backup bulbs are WT21W and allalighting.com, who say they have exclusive rights for LED replacement bulbs, have for sale. Hope this helps.

Erwin_R

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ford Explorer
Engine
Undecided
Hello, your review mentioned the Mavericks backup lights are not the best. Knowing that someday my XLT will get built, I did some researching for backup lights. The Mavericks backup bulbs are WT21W and allalighting.com, who say they have exclusive rights for LED replacement bulbs, have for sale. Hope this helps.
$25 on Amazon for two.
Ford Maverick 1227.7 Miles - An Unbiased Maverick Lariat Owner's Review 1634683159647

Cactus_Kid

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Shadow Blk Mustang GT Prem A10
Those are great bulbs. I've used them in other Fords.

Barbarafnpc

First Name
Barbara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt
Thank you for the detailed review. Looking forward to getting my new Lariat hybrid. Buying without actually seeing or test driving this vehicle has led to nightmares that it will be a small toy truck. Lol.

Rozay

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav EB FWD LUX Area 51
I noticed when using my backup camera it lags at times.
Sponsored