OP

eRock92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape SE
Engine
Undecided
Here's what I'm talking about with the new Ford design language (the double horizontal bars).

Ford Maverick 6G Ranger Leak Officially Shows Design Similarities to Maverick Ford_Design_Compariso

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
I'm more function-over-form, but I definitely think that 6G looks more in-line with the rest of Ford's North American lineup as far as the C-clamp "corporate face".

Leaves me wondering whether Ford will offer a hybrid AWD Maverick at all, or push folks who want a hybrid to the supposed Ranger 6G PHEV.

Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm more function-over-form, but I definitely think that 6G looks more in-line with the rest of Ford's North American lineup as far as the C-clamp "corporate face".

Leaves me wondering whether Ford will offer a hybrid AWD Maverick at all, or push folks who want a hybrid to the supposed Ranger 6G PHEV.
They definitely will make a Hybrid AWD Maverick. Maverick is the entry level truck and more for inter city or first time buyers. By giving a somewhat large variety they will attract more customers and cement them in

OP
OP

eRock92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape SE
Engine
Undecided

Some of the folks on the Ranger6G forum (myself included) think that the new Ranger will grow ever slightly now that the Maverick is here. As @Dan mentioned, the Maverick is more for city/compact environments and first time buyers. I'm hoping for a PowerBoost Hybrid for the new Ranger as I currently don't have my own place to install home charging and all that. It would be nice in 2023 to be in a position where I have to decide between an AWD Hybrid Maverick and a Powerboost 6-Gen Ranger.

Sponsored

OP
OP

eRock92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape SE
Engine
Undecided
I actually prefer Ford's C-clamp front despite thinking a lot of truck and full-size SUV fronts are butt-ugly. The only one I like is the Ram below, but Ram doesn't make anything smaller than their 1/2 tons.
Ford Maverick 6G Ranger Leak Officially Shows Design Similarities to Maverick pov=fronthero&width=1024&bkgnd=White&resp=jpg&cut=

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
They definitely will make a Hybrid AWD Maverick.
I'm holding my breath for an AWD hybrid Maverick. If it was offered at launch, I probably would've broken my own wait-until-the-midcycle-refresh rule and preordered one.

Maverick is the entry level truck and more for inter city or first time buyers.
I wonder what the actual demographics of buyers will breakdown to and how close they'll be to Ford's projections. Ford marketed the Maverick as what you described. But I've had more pickups than I can count (mostly Fords) and I'm ready to downsize further from my '16 Nissan Frontier. Before the Frontier, I had an F-250 crew cab, 8' bed, 4x4, V10.

Wanted the crew cab cuz suicide doors suck. Wanted the 8' bed because the 6.75' bed trucks have smaller gas tanks. I had that truck for 5ish years and only "needed" the 8' bed twice.

Looking back, I'd probably get a Toyota Tundra double cab. The Tundra basically has 3/4 ton running gear and a better power-to-weight ratio than the ol' F-250. At the time, I towed a 8.5x20' enclosed race car hauler.

It would be nice in 2023 to be in a position where I have to decide between an AWD Hybrid Maverick and a Powerboost 6-Gen Ranger.
My thought exactly! Unless a tree falls on the Frontier, I'm a couple years out from buying a new(er) truck. Hopefully by then, I'll be like you, deciding between a Maverick hybrid AWD or a Ranger PowerBoost or Ranger PHEV.

I actually prefer Ford's C-clamp front despite thinking a lot of truck and full-size SUV fronts are butt-ugly.
Oh don't get me wrong; I like the C-clamp look, especially the softer lines of the '18-'20 F-150 and the Maverick, at least compared to the chiseled lines of the '15'-'17 F-150. In fact, I thought the Ranger 5G looked a bit misplaced in Ford's North American lineup. Probably because it was intended for overseas markets at first.
Sponsored