First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was over in St. Louis yesterday and though I would run by the nearest Ford Dealer to see by chance do they have any Mavericks in stock, and they did (2) both were marked retail, but one was marked sold. As I started to look over the second unit (they were not parked near each other) I notice a rather large series of scratches and then notice (2) smaller dents on the roof, I am assuming from the transporter. I realize shit happens, but if that was my truck that I have been waiting months on, I would be pissed.
Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was over in St. Louis yesterday and though I would run by the nearest Ford Dealer to see by chance do they have any Mavericks in stock, and they did (2) both were marked retail, but one was marked sold. As I started to look over the second unit (they were not parked near each other) I notice a rather large series of scratches and then notice (2) smaller dents on the roof, I am assuming from the transporter. I realize shit happens, but if that was my truck that I have been waiting months on, I would be pissed.
It's even worse when the damage isn't disclosed, and sold as new.

V2WIN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What's the rule on this? If the vehicle was never titled, can't it still be sold as "new"?
Small dents etc are repaired at the factory everyday. There is light repair for lights leaks etc & heavy repair, brakes motor transmission. Yes they are still new & nobody is told.

Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What's the rule on this? If the vehicle was never titled, can't it still be sold as "new"?
Yup, that's why sometimes you'll even see vehicles given to some of their staff as a perk or to run errands for the boss to get his drycleaning and what not and still sold as new because they are never titled but have like 3000 miles on them.

Found a "leftover" Kia Soul like that, already looked beat to poop!

OP
OP

RWR

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Actually my current truck also had transporter damage. It is a 2005 Silverado, and to this day you can not tell the top was repainted.

I am sure it happens regularly. and this was a retail truck, just saying hopefully
it does not happen to mine. but it is what it is.

Sponsored

ledger9427

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corolla, 2022 Maverick XLT EB
Happened to my friend and is WRX. Dealer told him his car was delivered and then the next day called and said it wouldn't be ready for another 2 weeks. He's a technician and had the tool, so he measured the paint and found the whole door was repainted.

A_Turkey_Sammich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Engine
Undecided
I was going to say this as well. One of my friends used to be a service tech who mainly dealt with the ‘unpacking’ (for lack of a better word) of the new vehicles off the truck as well as completing the PDI’s when sold. I remember him talking about how common minor issues are and that even more significant damage wasn’t all that extremely rare. More than what I would have thought anyways.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought a new mustang and the passenger front fender didn't look right. I bring the car home and garage it. The paint thing bothered me, so I get out the shop light and notice fisheyes on the lower part of the fender.

I take the car back to the dealer, sales manager comes out and calls me a liar and calls his paint man out. Before the paint guy even gets close to the car he tells Mr. Sales manager that the paint is too dark to match and offers to blend the paint into the door. I declined such a generous offer.

I ended up getting another car, but it wasn't what I wanted and I had to paid the costs.
Sponsored