First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good info, thanks for sharing! I got my build email on 10/6. However, I've not seen any moment on shipping yet. Tomorrow will be 7 days since I got the build notice. I guess this is typical, though I have seen others built later than mine say they've gotten the shipping notice. No rhyme or reason other than maybe shipping destination. Yesterday there was a date in shipping and in delivery, now one is blank the other is TBD.
Mine was supposed to have been built on the 23rd of September.
On the 25th I checked the track my build and it said built and will shop to the dealership in 3 to 5 days.
Then 5 min. Later it changed to shipped and expected in 11 -17 days.
Then it went back to in production and delivery date of 10/17 then it changed again to N/A and now it's TBD.
Are you kidding me.
Sponsored

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On the 25th I checked the track my build and it said built and will shop to the dealership in 3 to 5 days.
Then it went back to in production and delivery date of 10/17 then it changed again to N/A and now it's TBD.
Are you kidding me.

Let's just hope a real crazy thing happens and your dealer calls you to come pick up your Maverick! GEEZ, this is ridiculous!

Tpowers

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
I am like a lot of you. I ordered mine in August and have not heard anything from Ford since then. As bad as I want my maverick, I have given in to the fact that I will more than likely not see it until next January or February. The info was very helpful so when I do get that scheduled email and vin number I will understand the process. Thanks

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This great guide is reposted from sister-site Bronco6G.com (by member Ksjrb03)

Ok, this post is meant to give a thorough understanding of how the build process works and what all these terms mean, for those of you asking. First thing you have to understand, this is not like ordering something off Amazon. There are tools and trackers, but they are often way off on their estimated times, or come in long after the vehicle has actually been built or shipped. Here is a great thread with links to all the various trackers etc.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/๐Ÿงญ-maverick-build-tracking-links.2882/

First off the window sticker.

Ford Maverick ๐Ÿ“’ Maverick Build Process Guide! - Window Sticker, Blend Date, Production Rotation Number, Built & Shipped Emails, Delivery Date Estimates & More 1633617466655-

You should get your window sticker about a week before your "blend" date. Blend is the point where the chassis and body meet on the assembly line to go through final assembly. The work on the body and chassis has already begun a few shifts before this date. The blend above shows "2021/10/14" So this Maverick is scheduled to go down final assembly on 10/14.

Ford Maverick ๐Ÿ“’ Maverick Build Process Guide! - Window Sticker, Blend Date, Production Rotation Number, Built & Shipped Emails, Delivery Date Estimates & More 1633617679030-

This shows that this Maverick is the 496th out of 881 scheduled units to begin the final assembly process on 10/14. FYI, This number is both Maverick and Bronco Sport since they run down the same line.

Ford Maverick ๐Ÿ“’ Maverick Build Process Guide! - Window Sticker, Blend Date, Production Rotation Number, Built & Shipped Emails, Delivery Date Estimates & More 1633617861032-

Number next to blend date is the rotation number. This is the main number production workers pay attention to. It is the master sequencing number. 4015 will blend after 4014. 496/881 is a scheduled target, but they may be a bit behind or ahead for the day/week. Rotation number will roll back to 0001 after 9999.

So today is your blend date, now what. You wait! The final assembly process takes more than a shift to complete, lets say 1.5 shifts to get from blend through final QC. If your rotation number comes up on end of first shift or during second shift, you will not be complete until the next day.

Once your build is complete, the Ford system should send you a build email, but its not that simple. Some people get them quick, some are delayed days. If your Maverick has to go to the Mod shop for accessories fitting (tonneau cover, bed extender, body graphics, etc.) that will delay your build notification. PPF has to go to an off-site body shop and that will delay as well. If your Maverick is selected for random extra quality checks is another delay. If quality checks find an issue that needs to be addressed, that could be a lengthy delay. Then there is just the plain fact the Ford system isn't great and some people never get a built email.

While we sit and wait wondering if our Maverick has been built yet, we can check if our "modules have popped". Ford has an online as built service site that shows your PCM and BCE modules. If your VIN starts showing something as the below screenshot, it means your computers are "alive" and your Maverick has been built.

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/Home/SetCountry?returnUrl=/asbuilt

Ford Maverick ๐Ÿ“’ Maverick Build Process Guide! - Window Sticker, Blend Date, Production Rotation Number, Built & Shipped Emails, Delivery Date Estimates & More 1633618976934-

Now that our Maverick is built, next we wait for shipping. There are two ways units leave the plant, by rail or by convoy (18 wheeler car hauler). Your window sticker will show which way your Maverick leaves.

Ford Maverick ๐Ÿ“’ Maverick Build Process Guide! - Window Sticker, Blend Date, Production Rotation Number, Built & Shipped Emails, Delivery Date Estimates & More 1633619089846-

Your Maverick can leave the shipping yard quick, or it can sit there a while. It seems lately convey is sitting a bit, there are trucker shortages really hurting the industry. Rail will ship to a regional rail yard, and sit there until there is a convoy full to send to your dealer or region.

Once your Maverick ships you will get another email from Ford notifying you with delivery estimates. These estimates can be way off sometimes, your dealer should be able to tell you how long shipping usually takes to them.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/๐Ÿงญ-maverick-build-tracking-links.2882/

The above tracker link has links and instructions to tracking your shipment. Seems to be easier to track by convoy. To track Rail you will need your dealer to give you the rail car number your Maverick is sitting in.
Thanks for the information, however, I have been scouting my window sticker and canโ€™t find the BLEND INFO. Anywhere on it.

Can you tell me where I should see that on the document?

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Window sticker

ok, I must be dense today. Who can tell me where these codes are on my window sticker?

Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are you kidding me.
Welcome to the world of early Hybrid Maverick production. Hopefully this In-Limbo situation with the hybrids ends soon. If this situation with the hybrids continues much longer, I hope we get an honest straightforward statement from Ford explaining what's going on.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks! I knew there was a post about it too but alas, density.
The window stickers for the Mavericks are different than the example given earlier.

But I think BIG_T is right about your Blend date. Mine shows 9/29/21 also and my Blend number was 1769/2549, so I think that make since.

I still have never gotten any updates on the tracker nor emails, but my truck is showing up on the dealers web site as available. So it has been built.

todd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It was 2 months before I got my VIN. The VIN comes with the "In Production" email from Ford.
yes I was almost 2 months from ordered to 2nd email with scheduled production and v in.

Sponsored

Ih8thew82

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT LUX Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great news and explanation! Much appreciated. Also perfect timing since I literally placed my order today for an XLT Lux Hybrid before I saw this post. FWIW, I received the "order confirmation" email from Ford so the long wait begins.

jeffnudi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium Con, 2022 Maverick XLT Hyb
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you so much. It would be great if dealerships could explain this information as well as you have.
Side note: I finally got to see a Maverick in person. I ordered my hybrid Maverick on June 16th. I'm thinking sometime late winter or early spring I'll get it. I didn't realize Ford was building Broncos on the same line.
Bronco Sports, not Broncos.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The window stickers for the Mavericks are different than the example given earlier.

But I think BIG_T is right about your Blend date. Mine shows 9/29/21 also and my Blend number was 1769/2549, so I think that make sense.

I still have never gotten any updates on the tracker nor emails, but my truck is showing up on the dealers web site as available. So it has been built.

Zapper21

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion , 2004 Ford Ranger
One question, I was late to find out about this beauty and ended up not placing an order until 9-7-21. I have an order number (and via information here I was able to call and verify Ford does have the order) but no VIN number as of yet. Is it normal that I would not have heard anything else this long? Reading here makes it sound like most people at least get the VIN number in a week or so. Thanks!!
I called ford last week to check on my free upgrade AWD, and they let me know I had a VIN # and built date of Nov.22. I ordered my on 8-13-21. I have not received any e-mails from ford. The Ford Maverick # is 800-334-4375.
Sponsored