First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All the trims have the imaging camera for the standard pre-collision assist system.
Yeah, its not accessible though for parking purposes. Wouldn't really show anything that your eyeball isn't already seeing anyway.

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wondering if a little weight in the back would have helped as the rear end looked a little light/loose. Also wish he would have tried some different modes to see how it reacted to those changes.

I wouldn't just blame it on the tires, but yeah those tires look like they are made for rain on the freeway.

My takeaway, did it struggle? Yes. Did he make it through? Yes. That's really all I need to know, it eventually got through. I've gotten a huge lifted 79 Chevy with super swampers stuck :) so it's really about knowing what you can and can't do and learning the limits.

Great to see it get though a tough spot and keep going, that is probably at the upper end of what most people will run into. Can't wait to see a video of someone hitting this stuff even harder :)

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Struggled a little more off-road than I thought it would, I'm sure it's primarily tires to blame though.

I read so many on here talking about off-roading and trail riding in theirs, hope those folks got the optional Wildpeaks, that's the only true way to get 8.6" of ground clearance without modification after the fact. This guys FX4 with the smaller tires actually only has 8.3", Ford points out in the spec that the 8.6" is only with the larger tires, I suspect many overlook that detail.

Also, seems he kind of talks down on the other trims. I think the XL and XLT have a ton of options for their respective price points. I can justify the Lariat, but I do not feel it's essential in any way. Very fair and honest review otherwise though.

The issue here is no articulation - between the stiff suspension and the Unibody construction with no body flex - as soon as 2 wheels are off the ground you won't go anywhere. This is not an off road vehicle - it's an AWD on road vehicle - probably will be fantastic in snow. This is why I went with the FWD only version. I don't see this truck as a good off-roader so why bother.

rognus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
the article I was reading that mentioned the camera and no front sensors was talking about all the tech available with Adaptive cruise control, lane centering, steering assist, etc. which sounded like the full Co-Pilot360 to me. Another poster after me said the camera is standard on all trims- I don't know for sure either way.
It makes sense for the camera on all 3, since they all have the emergency braking system and that couldn't work without it.

Sponsored

Gmood1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
G-man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great video! Think I'll stick to the pavement in the Maverick. And leave the off-roading to the Side x Sides. 😁 Definitely more fun using something that's actually made for it.
IMHO, some of us are asking too much of the Maverick.

Last edited:

04mach146

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, dodge eco-diesel
Nice to see the NW spots again, yes ditch those tires immediately and re-do the test with the Wildpeaks-
Glad I have some toyo 245/60's coming those perrelli are junk for off road. Like taking an a/t to the drag strip right tire for right application.

04mach146

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, dodge eco-diesel
Great video! Think I'll stick to the pavement in the Maverick. And leave the off-roading to the Side x Sides. 😁 Definitely more fun using something that's actually made for it.
IMHO, some of us are asking too much of the Maverick.
Funny thing is most side by sides cost more than an xlt fx4 mav these days. They're proud of those things.

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The issue here is no articulation - between the stiff suspension and the Unibody construction with no body flex - as soon as 2 wheels are off the ground you won't go anywhere. This is not an off road vehicle - it's an AWD on road vehicle - probably will be fantastic in snow. This is why I went with the FWD only version. I don't see this truck as a good off-roader so why bother.
Pulling a 2500 pound boat out of the water via precarious boat ramps, that’s why AWD. It’s not just about “off-roaring”.

Sponsored

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why aren't the slipping tires being braked? I thought Ford's torque vectoring system works do that which would give the non slipping tires power.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Glad I have some toyo 245/60's coming those perrelli are junk for off road. Like taking an a/t to the drag strip right tire for right application.
It's unreal that Ford defaults to that trashy tire as part of the FX4 off-road package - lol

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Scorpion ATR living up to their normal reviews not good in any condition. Ford must have got some deal on them over the Falken Wildpeak since those should have been FX4 AT tire.

Last edited:

Gmood1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
G-man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Funny thing is most side by sides cost more than an xlt fx4 mav these days. They're proud of those things.
😂😂 Isn't that the truth!!! My neighborhood is full of them! I don't own one, but a very good friend does. What a blast!!
Sponsored