Sponsored

Anyone seen dealer markup (ADM) on Ford Maverick?

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have yet to see an ADM on the Maverick. My dealership noted that they won't be doing anymore ADMs going forward because someone put out a list of dealerships who did ADMs vs. those selling MSRP vs. those selling below invoice on the Broncos in the area and that they lost some sales because of it. I think this is why they went hard on 'we won't sell higher than MSRP on the Maverick, and will do everything we can to save you as much as we can off of that' which is a 180 on the Bronco ADM approach.

BigDinTX

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot (ex wife's, not my choice)
I have yet to see an ADM on the Maverick. My dealership noted that they won't be doing anymore ADMs going forward because someone put out a list of dealerships who did ADMs vs. those selling MSRP vs. those selling below invoice on the Broncos in the area and that they lost some sales because of it. I think this is why they went hard on 'we won't sell higher than MSRP on the Maverick, and will do everything we can to save you as much as we can off of that' which is a 180 on the Bronco ADM approach.
I smell another MTC spreadsheet request coming! :D

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
I live in an area with few dealers. I didn’t want to pay MSRP, but I also realized that just GETTING one of theses vehicles could be a challenge just now. I built my Maverick online and offered the dealer $500 over invoice OTD (over the phone). Salesperson said that they couldn’t do that of course. I told her that with dealer holdback, and the fact the vehicle would only be on the lot long enough for me to come and get it, 500 bucks was a pretty reasonable profit. Then she had to "take the offer to the manager". She was back in less than 2 minutes with acceptance. Yeah, I might have done better - and I might have done worse, but it was an offer that was appealing enough to the dealer that it saved me a lot of time and hassle. In the long run the $500 wasn’t going to break me. Later, when they presented me with the paperwork, I opted out of their high price for TTL, and will do that myself after I pick up the vehicle. A few more bucks saved. This is the first time I ever purchased a vehicle without ever leaving the house!

buckaroo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit
Has anyone experianced Dealer Markup.I just seen a 55k Santa Cruz

Bring your own vaseline and condoms they are going to hose you young cats. Doubtful anyone is getting a Maverick for suggested retail. Don't ever think a dealership has your best interest. They have in fact over the years done more damage to a brands reputation.

Sponsored

Bill Cather

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is a great (and funny) book written by Remar “Bubba” Sutton called “Don’t get taken every time”. He owned a dealership and takes you every step of what games are played at Dealerships. He tells a story behind it, very entertaining. I read it years ago and the first new car I bought after reading that book everything that was in the book they did and made for a comical game…

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is a great (and funny) book written by Remar “Bubba” Sutton called “Don’t get taken every time”. He owned a dealership and takes you every step of what games are played at Dealerships. He tells a story behind it, very entertaining. I read it years ago and the first new car I bought after reading that book everything that was in the book they did and made for a comical game…
I read that book probably 40 years ago and it is a good read.

Bill Cather

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I live in an area with few dealers. I didn’t want to pay MSRP, but I also realized that just GETTING one of theses vehicles could be a challenge just now. I built my Maverick online and offered the dealer $500 over invoice OTD (over the phone). Salesperson said that they couldn’t do that of course. I told her that with dealer holdback, and the fact the vehicle would only be on the lot long enough for me to come and get it, 500 bucks was a pretty reasonable profit. Then she had to "take the offer to the manager". She was back in less than 2 minutes with acceptance. Yeah, I might have done better - and I might have done worse, but it was an offer that was appealing enough to the dealer that it saved me a lot of time and hassle. In the long run the $500 wasn’t going to break me. Later, when they presented me with the paperwork, I opted out of their high price for TTL, and will do that myself after I pick up the vehicle. A few more bucks saved. This is the first time I ever purchased a vehicle without ever leaving the house!
Well done.

For me negotiating is about getting what I'm comfortable with and what feels fair all around. I'm not losing any sleep over the next guy saving a few more bucks than I did. Life is too short for that!

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s happening. Can you post the link?

Sponsored