First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Daewoo Matiz
Engine
Undecided
What are your guys’ thoughts on a K20 swap? Any ideas for a motor/tranny combo that could work? I’ve heard about the possible plug and play of the 2.3L in the Focus RS.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

SirRealJackson

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Daewoo Matiz
Engine
Undecided
The K20C1 in the Type R makes some good #s. Maybe I just got hung up on Honda’s reliability, I just saw they had the same displacement.

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

???
Ford Maverick K20 swap??? qxP1iBDwHaEK?w=252&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.3&pid=1

MavFromTheDead

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Probably would last longer then the hybrid trans and ecoboost engine.
Probably, but the amount of custom work and money that would go into the swap would exponential to any repairs you would make down the road. Hell you could build the ecoboost to something really special for a fraction of the swap cost.

Vtec87pr1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Probably, but the amount of custom work and money that would go into the swap would exponential to any repairs you would make down the road. Hell you could build the ecoboost to something really special for a fraction of the swap cost.

True true. But it could be cool idea for someone that has the parts and knowledge.

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There will be NOTHING plug-n-play. If you're interested in an engine (not motor) swap and going to put the work in, do it right and put a Coyote with a 6 speed manual and a 9" out back.

You're clearly spit balling. If you'd ever performed an engine swap you'd have the experience and knowledge and wouldn't have asked.

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There will be NOTHING plug-n-play. If you're interested in an engine (not motor) swap and going to put the work in, do it right and put a Coyote with a 6 speed manual and a 9" out back.

You're clearly spit balling. If you'd ever performed an engine swap you'd have the experience and knowledge and wouldn't have asked.
Yup

OP
OP

SirRealJackson

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Daewoo Matiz
Engine
Undecided

A coyote would be badass, that was the first motor I thought of! But yeah I’m just spitballing, my mind is always racing with ideas, just don’t have the money or time to back it up. Only motor swap I’ve done is on a Honda Ruckus from a 49cc to an air cooled 232cc GY6. I don’t really have the experience or the knowledge so I was hoping to find some cool dudes here.

Edit: I meant to put 2.3L EB
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.