2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

At 511 days since my initial order and having received no indication of scheduling from the good Ford Motor Company, I intrepidly contacted our wonderful friends at the Maverick Service Team. After performing the obligatory recitition of my name, address, sales code, and order code, "Cindy" offered sympathetic-yet-encouraging words indicating my Maverick had still not been scheduled for production. However, unlike the many previous renditions where I played my role in this telephonic ballet, she added an interesting caveat.

"Based on the recent activity I see on your order, it will probably* be scheduled soon**!"

"Oh? And what 'activity' might that be?"

"I don't know what this code means."

"Well, what does the code say?"

After a back and forth struggle in which the NATO phonetic alphabet only seemed to exacerbate the confusion, I am reasonably certain the code is "S4PPHB." I thanked "Cindy" for her invaluable and curiosity-provoking insight and remained on the line to fill out a customer satisfaction survey. (High marks all around. The sins of the father are not borne by the employee.)

That still leaves me with what in the heckin' heck is S4PPHB? Does anyone have any insight? Or feel confident enough to offer an informed guess? Or amused enough for an uninformed guess?

*not probably.

**not*** soon.

***probably.
Sponsored

Last edited:

bill67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At 511 days since my initial order and having received no indication of scheduling from the good Ford Motor Company, I intrepidly contacted our wonderful friends at the Maverick Service Team. After performing the obligatory recitition of my name, address, sales code, and order code, "Cindy" offered sympathetic-yet-encouraging words indicating my Maverick had still not been scheduled for production. However, unlike the many previous renditions where I played my role in this telephonic ballet, she added an interesting caveat.

"Based on the recent activity I see on your order, it will probably* be scheduled soon**!"

"Oh? And what 'activity' might that be?"

"I don't know what this code means."

"Well, what does the code say?"

After a back and forth struggle in which the NATO phonetic alphabet only seemed to exacerbate the confusion, I am reasonably certain the code is "S4PPHB." I thanked "Cindy" for her invaluable and curiosity-provoking insight and remained on the line to fill out a customer satisfaction survey. (High marks all around. The sins of the father are not borne by the employee.)

That still leaves me with what in the heckin' heck is S4PPHB? Does anyone have any insight? Or feel confident enough to offer an informed guess? Or amused enough for an uninformed guess?

*not probably.

**not*** soon.

***probably.
I would guess welcome to the ford family. That's what they told me every phone call I made in 509 days. I could never figure out how I could belong, when I didn't have a truck. I know it sucks.

AltoBAP

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think Cindy pulled that out of her purse.

MM Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Luxury w/CP360 + CP360A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@Mendicant my guesses:
1)a reminder to stop to use the restroom since the Hybrid has such good gas mileage
S4PPHB - Stop for pee pee hybrid break
2)a reminder that you are trying to help the planet by getting a hybrid:
S4PPHB - So (much) for personally purchasing a hybrid
3) it's a coded insult
S4PPHB - Hybird Sap, HB = hybrid, S4PP = sap
4) a "savings" reminder
S4PPHB - save for previously (unknown necessary levels of) patience (while awaiting) hybrid production

;)

Hope this helps! Good luck.

Last edited:

maggie06

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 crv 2022 oxford white maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On a serious note, maybe it means the factory is actively looking at your order every week to see if it can be scheduled.

No clue really, just a wild guess.
Sponsored