First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided
Who in the world would ever order a truck without a hitch? I mean even for this fake truck you at least need a place to install plastic figurines in there for truck customization. This should be standard and not an option even.
One downside of having a hitch is that it is directedly connected to the body of the truck so that if you are rear ended all the force goes directly into it which can cause a lot of damage. There have been several posts where people posted pictures of their totaled trucks which had been rear ended and the damage did not look that bad but it was enough to total the truck.

Without a hitch the bumper might have taken most of the damage and be easily replaceable.

I ordered the XLT Lux package mainly to get the better seats and it comes with the hitch but I would much rather not have it since I am sure that I will never use it.

Roadking

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7…..Z51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am in a similar boat. The longer the wait, the sooner more info will be out on the competitor that Toyota is building. I was at a Toyota dealership this past Sunday, and the sales guy told me that they are already having in-store meetings on it as a product. With the market for the Mav, I think dealerships would be happy to have a customer say they no longer want their order.
Ya know, THIS is exactly my sentiment. But, for Toyota to get up to speed will NOT be a quick gig. Several years before a small truck is available to order From them I would think. However, FoMoCo may dik this up so bad that it may be several years before I get my Lariat Hybrid Mav. I DO know that hybrids are difficult to find, regardless of mfgr. Sad times For many…
RK

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tim is THE MAN. The person who keeps everyone informed with ACCURATE information (not including when Ford changes its mind) @fordvideoguy.... Tim Bartz from Long-McArthur Ford in Salina, Kansas.

Sponsored

TpaTruck

I hear everyone keep saying that. But I don’t know. Those wheels alone are half that.

I will say this tho, I am half way done with my “ghetto” BAP package on my 22.. lol hyper dipped wheels, side and hybrid badges. Ghetto black seat covers. Lol my tint guys will smoke out all my taillights and ford emblems for $270. So that’s next. All in all will cost me $500

838D421B-A5CC-48EC-9907-01D32DDE653C.jpeg
I'm not a fan of the black rims at all. I like them to have more pop, so the carbonized gray is better for me. I currently have gunmetal gray. The thing is, I could sell the takeoffs and get exactly what I want and basically offset the cost, so the 1645 would be a waste.

I can tint the badges and tail lights for about $150. I can replace the orange center console piece for probably $50, or just remove it altogether. I like the other orange accents inside the truck. Plus I'm going to get seat covers ($150) that are more like vinyl or leather so it doesn't matter what color they are, I don't like cloth. The mirrors, grill and door handles are already black. I'm looking at about $400 or so aftermarket instead of the $1645.

The only real benefit to the BAP package for me would be the all black interior (and it's not even all black) because replacing all the trim would be a pain in the ass. Now if I was going to use the seats in a black color and wanted the black rims, it might be more justifiable, but still, anybody can switch out the rims and sell the takeoffs and it's almost a wash, unless you are buying really expensive ones. I'm glad you're able to 'ghetto' out your truck lol

Badgerski

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pathfinder
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Reactions: JFT
First Name
Tybrus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Kicks
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If the order banks opened on the 15th and were only open for 6 days, why is my sales rep telling me that my order that was made on Sept 29th was confirmed and given a priority code of 10 and waiting to be scheduled? I ordered an XLT EB with 4k and drop in liner. I went into this thinking it might be 8 months or longer so I'm optimistic. First Ford (not including my old back roads 77 Grenada) so I hope they don't sour me.

gmflash88

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT/FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just great... Definitely not the news I want to hear. I ordered AWD Fx4 and Tow package. I NEED a hitch on all my vehicles. The Maverick is not much use to me if I can't tow my jetski or dirt bike. If Ford can't build it then Toyota better hurry up and announce their model very soon.
The issue with the hitch is the standalone hitch add ons. Not packages that include the hitch. You're good.

Sponsored

Bad Actor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Ranger XLT, 73 Mustang Base, 02 Toyota Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If the order banks opened on the 15th and were only open for 6 days, why is my sales rep telling me that my order that was made on Sept 29th was confirmed and given a priority code of 10 and waiting to be scheduled? I ordered an XLT EB with 4k and drop in liner. I went into this thinking it might be 8 months or longer so I'm optimistic. First Ford (not including my old back roads 77 Grenada) so I hope they don't sour me.
That was for US sales only.

fordluvr44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Am I then understanding that Ford is more likely to build a Lariat Lux BAP Hybrid than say an XL Hybrid/XLT Hybrid/Base Lariat Hybrid?

Ford is over capacity on the Hybrid, but not the other money making items.

So then it would make sense to sell the most expensive Hybrids first/at all right? This lets them sell the higher margin items rather than selling out on the lower trim hybrids first?

Badgerski

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pathfinder
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
According to Tim this evening:

68% Hybrid orders compared to 35% capacity.
32% EB orders compared to 65% capacity.

Other than the hybrid, standalone tow hitch and splashguards seem to be the items over build capacity.

XLT Lux = 30% capacity but 25% orders.
Lariat Lux = 25% capacity but 20% orders.
Tremor = 8% capacity but 2% orders

Appearance packages are all under capacity constraints compared to orders:

BAP = 10% capacity but 8% orders.
TAP = 3% capacity but "hardly anyone ordered it"

CP360 = 60% capacity but 50% orders
CP360A = 25% capacity but 8% orders.
SIBL = 39% capacity but 17% orders (Tim says leave off)
HBL = 25% capacity but 5% orders.
Moonroof = 38% capacity but 13% orders.
Hitch = 45% capacity but 65% orders... includes any packages that includes hitch.

Keep in mind those hitches are likely also on a lot of the hybrids that mathematically cannot be built. So, I don't know if I would remove the hitch. The hybrid would likely be the larger constraint than the hitch.

Note: this has been updated as more information had been requested.
You did a great job summarizing everything! I'm sorry for all the people who lack reading comprehension.

TLDR Summary:

Ecoboost with any combination you have a 99.9% chance of having your MY23 built.

Hybrid may the odds be in your favor.

AltoBAP

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Onboarding an additional hitch supplier is reasonable solution to this constraint. Material is available, manufacturing capability and capacity are available. What the Ford! It's not like hitches are made by Renesas Electronics in Japan.
All things considered Ford probably has much higher priority supply chain issues to work on.

Getting another hitch supplier lined up and approved for production use would take 6 months, MINIMUM, assuming every part of the process went smoothly.
Sponsored