First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '17 Chevy Colo Z71 diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seems auto, furniture and electronics have been hit the hardest.
Imagine if food commodities ever have this supply problem. We see corn fields everywhere but the US & Canada import tons, like :coffee: & tea. At least we can live without coffee & tea but eating corn chips for every meal won't make the doctor happy. o_O Luckily we grow enough wheat to make every American a loaf of bread. Politics aside, hopefully this has "woke" folks up to what's behind the curtain of Amazon Prime next-day-delivery expectations.
Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

millertyme15

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano, Chrysler 200, Jeep Wrangler
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you have one scheduled and dont need it immediately, take delivery and immediately mark it up $6k and sell it. Seriously.
Yes sir...should have ordered 2. 1 for me and 1 for resale....

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
That would be funny, but unfortunately it would not be accurate. We don't even have a girlfriend (Hybrid Maverick) to even start to have wondering eyes. Even if we did, ughh! A Santa Cruz is more akin to a rebound hook up. You'll wake up the next morning filled with nothing but regret.
The Cruz is something that whispers to you from an alley.... you only go closer because your curiosity it peaked.....the whisper is so mesmerizing...closer...the shadow is dark with movements that you think you see but your not sure...slowly you inch forward as she “The Cruz” talks to you.....the voice sounds husky....sexy..as you enter the shadows with thoughts of “why not” nobody will know....and than she steps from the deepest shadows......Holy hell, you just about trip over your own feet trying to turn as you run......sweety come back you hear over your should as you round the corner into the street.
what you saw will stay with until you die......but you have salvation knowing waiting for the perfect one will be more satisfying .

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Our crowd-sourced confirmed order data on this forum more closely matches the 60/40 split, closer to 70/30 really. I think the dealer is embellishing a great deal with the 90/10.

1631105462871.png
@fordvideoguy stated last night that long macarthur was about 70% hybrids, so that tracks with the forum stats.

The Cruz is something that whispers to you from an alley.... you only go closer because your curiosity it peaked.....the whisper is so mesmerizing...closer...the shadow is dark with movements that you think you see but your not sure...slowly you inch forward as she “The Cruz” talks to you.....the voice sounds husky....sexy..as you enter the shadows with thoughts of “why not” nobody will know....and than she steps from the deepest shadows......Holy hell, you just about trip over your own feet trying to turn as you run......sweety come back you hear over your should as you round the corner into the street.
what you saw will stay with until you die......but you have salvation knowing waiting for the perfect one will be more satisfying .
Our SC only made it 330 miles 😭

Things could be worse, you could own a Santa Crud.
Yeah, not that mesmerizing

Sponsored

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
Im so confused on if i have a build date or not. got my VIN from ford customer service with last four of 60xx but never received any emails and dealer is very out of the loop on the process.
Did you try to putting the vin on Fords web page ?

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
An eCVT isn't a requirement for a hybrid. Hyundai makes a few models of hybrids already that utilize 6-speed DCTs. And the Santa Cruz's platform-mate the Tucson is getting an AWD Hybrid version.
Just to clarify, the Tuscon Hybrid is 1.6T, AWD and has a traditional 6 speed automatic. The DCT from the Niro didn’t make it into it.
If the Santa Cruz gets this powertrain and is priced at $27.5k like our Tuscon Hybrid Blue I’d consider over the Maverick IF the Maverick delays pushed us back far enough for Hyundai to get it to market.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They need to add a non-turbo gas option. Would give a cheap and available option.
They must have an appropriate engine in their system.
That wouldn't return sufficient mileage for the given power. Look around. EVERYONE is going to "variable displacement" engine designs in order to continue to deliver sufficient performance while achieving the mileage targets.

A 2.3l normally aspirated ICE would not be competitive in today's market.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We see corn fields everywhere but the US & Canada import tons, like :coffee: & tea. At least we can live without coffee & tea
Speak for yourself :coffee::D:coffee:

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford Maverick Hybrid Maverick orders will not be scheduled until further notice - per dealer bulletin vsalt

Veruca says :
I want the Maverick
I want the Hybrid
Lariat and liner and cover and splash guards
Of all options and colors
And now
Don't care how
I want it now
Don't care how
I want it NOW........ hahaha

Last edited:

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

maverick92

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, F150 Lightning
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This could be a really long wait. Based on chips, for every hybrid they can build 10 2.0s (3000 vs 300). If I was Ford, I might make that same decision, especially right now.

Sucks, but it is what it is.
Got a source on that chip count? Seems excessively high unless I missed the /s

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
That sucks, ... but at least that particular news doesn't affect my order. :ROFLMAO:
So, your saying you ordered the one with "not so great mileage, of which buyers have other comparable choices anyway" ? The crappy thing about this, is their is no other comparable choice, to the Maverick hybrid, regarding mileage :( If Ford doesn't hurry up and get their chit together, they are going to miss the window here, as its not going to be too many years before folks are buying mostly all electric vehicles.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I understand that, but the simplicity of the eCVT helped me overcome concerns I had with the complexity of having both ICE and electric power. A 6-sp DCT is piling further complexity on.

That's not as appealing to me.
The Tuscon hybrid doesn’t have the DCT.
Sponsored