Sponsored

Long McArthur 794 MY23 Orders from Episode 58 & 59 Live Stream, 132 XL, 449 XLT, 213 Lariat with 68.6% of them Hybrids !!!

Bmr4mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid 23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is all very entertaining. It’s a shit show wrapped in a cluster fuck with who the hells knows sprinkled all over it. The next 14 to 24 months are going to be a blast.

Remember. Ford has already said they are NOT rolling any unbuilt 23s to 24s and that is likely where a ton of hybrid orders are going to end up.
Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is all very entertaining. It’s a shit show wrapped in a cluster fuck with who the hells knows sprinkled all over it. The next 14 to 24 months are going to be a blast.
I mean, we got our orders in and this is an internet forum. What else are we supposed to do while we wait? Rampant speculation is why the internet exists!

PA-Homesteader

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Remember. Ford has already said they are NOT rolling any unbuilt 23s to 24s and that is likely where a ton of hybrid orders are going to end up.
And that is the issue I have with all of this. I get it, Covid messed everything up. But if you take WAY more order's then you can produce that is on Ford. Why not let each dealer have a set # of builds for the year and if the dealer reaches that number. No more for them

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford really should incorporate Maverick builds into an Escape assembly line. It seem every dealer has a half dozen of those available. Same platform. Re engineer it on the fly to atleast partially produce it then ship em down to ole Mexico for final. Capitalize on this. small efficient trucks are in. Who could have guessed?:rolleyes:

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I mean, we got our orders in and this is an internet forum. What else are we supposed to do while we wait? Rampant speculation is why the internet exists!
I heard Tesla pre ordered 10,000 hybrid maverick to replace their ford transit connect fleet. JK:ROFLMAO:
Ford Maverick Long McArthur 794 MY23 Orders from Episode 58 & 59 Live Stream, 132 XL, 449 XLT, 213 Lariat with 68.6% of them Hybrids !!! pkhxCRQHaEK?w=298&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.65&pid=1

Sponsored

Maverstang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata; Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You guys are overthink this whole situation. Order one and if you do not get one, move on. This Ford debacle with these order issues when it comes to Bronco and Maverick will give room for other manufactures to come in with competitive models. Rumor is Toyota is building maverick comp model. Ford really needs to step it up.

This is my first time ordering Ford's and so far this reminds me of using bots to secure hyped products online. Not a good look.
So true… just look the the hundreds of post pages here full of angst, stress and hand wringing over buying a cheap trucklet.

If my reorder doesn’t come through, I’m just walking away from this bizarre Ford drama. No vehicle is worth wasting your life on playing these games. Move on, get your life back!

Bmr4mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid 23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm talking about Ford, not this forum.

Bmr4mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid 23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford really should incorporate Maverick builds into an Escape assembly line. It seem every dealer has a half dozen of those available. Same platform. Re engineer it on the fly to atleast partially produce it then ship em down to ole Mexico for final. Capitalize on this. small efficient trucks are in. Who could have guessed?:rolleyes:
They don't have parts to build more. The one plant isn't even up to full capacity.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Re engineer it on the fly to atleast partially produce it then ship em down to ole Mexico for final.
So now Ford has to pay 2 times for shipping a truck (once partially completed, once fully completed) adding 2-3 weeks transit time and that's supposed to be more efficient on a low cost vehicle?

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Ford does SHOCK us from time to time, but this move would surely be their demise.

I like to think if Ford could secure parts to build more Mavericks, they'd simply add a third shift at Hermosillo and build them right there where everything Maverick is already established.

Sponsored

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Since the sales mangers at LM discussed the same topic the guidance they were given was vague to non existent. The Region did not give an order cutoff number or ceiling. At the national Ford meeting the expectations were based on the last 12 months sales numbers. dealerships that take a conservative approach make less sales and earn less allocations.

Tim mentioned a key point. Ab original order's body and PEP codes cannot be changed. No mention about switching engines. he expects the 2.5 L to be balanced out with a back door plan to switch to the 2.0L Ecoboost and increase a person's chances of getting an MY23. Since 65% of build are projected to have 2.0 Ecoboost engines the future email instructions to increase a person's chances are a matter of not if, but when.
But you see, Granger Ford (same region as LM) was likely given the exact same, vague to non-existent guidance, yet they opted to not take a single new 2023 order. Why would that be? Both dealerships had similar order percentages carry over? For better or worse, Ford put this on the dealers.

I also don't see many of LM's orders switching to EcoBoost, just to get a 23 order. Looking around here, Hybrid folks seem pretty against a modern turbo engine that just drinks so much fuel and is so unreliable 🙄 (their words, not mine)

LoveMyTaters

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick CHR. Corolla
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can a dealership average 15 trucks a week to be delivered?

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
But you see, Granger Ford (same region as LM) was likely given the exact same, vague to non-existent guidance, yet they opted to not take a single new 2023 order. Why would that be? Both dealerships had similar order percentages carry over? For better or worse, Ford put this on the dealers.

I also don't see many of LM's orders switching to EcoBoost, just to get a 23 order. Looking around here, Hybrid folks seem pretty against a modern turbo engine that just drinks so much fuel and is so unreliable 🙄 (their words, not mine)
For me, I can't justify a truck enough to warrant the fuel economy of the EB. I have nothing against it. I will likely move on to a sportage/rav4/crv hybrid. Not sure if i am sold on the escape hybrid(probably would be easier to get my deposit back if I was).

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, the Escape is a snooze-fest so that is probably why it is always available. Boring colors, boring shape, no plug in hybrid-AWD combination, etc. I'm sure it is a fine vehicle but it isn't an exciting vehicle and it doesn't offer anything over what any other compact SUV offers. It has a lot of competition. I bought a RAV4 hybrid in April. I didn't even consider the Escape. A similarly equipped Escape (AWD, Hybrid, Adaptive Cruise, etc.) was about $5000 more than the RAV4.

The Maverick is unique right now. Clearly Ford should increase production but by the time they do so will they still have a corner on the market?

Last edited:

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why would LM, or any other dealer for that matter, stop taking customer orders? As long as FoMoCo is taking orders, customers and dealers should be free to place orders.

Anyone with more than a passing interest in the Maverick should be aware of the MY 2022 situation, so they should be aware that nothing is guaranteed. Except that one can be virtually guaranteed they will not get a ‘23 Maverick with their desired specs, at MSRP, if they don’t order one.

Although Ford has provided guidance on expected 2023 production, they (and we) don’t have a crystal ball. We’re talking about vehicles that will still be rolling off the assembly line one year from today. A lot can happen with regard to supply chains in a year.

Unlike a lot of dealers, LM is being very transparent with customers on their place in LM’s queue as well as sharing communication from Ford. That’s not something many other Ford dealers can claim.

I don’t believe LM is being irresponsible. They’re a dealership who is in business to sell vehicles. They are communicating as clearly as information allows. Customers can make their own determination on their odds with LM vs. any other dealer.
You have to assume that some folks placing orders with Tim and Long McArthur have back-up orders with other dealers, especially since some dealers that required a deposit for 2022 models aren’t doing it for the 2023s.
Sponsored