Sponsored

Did my dealer place my order? Getting tired of this…

TM11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
So I placed my order for a hybrid Maverick on Friday 9/16 because of the issues on 9/15. I bothered my salesperson all day and finally got a confirmation email from Ford that afternoon.

Realizing the order banks for hybrids closed yesterday, I reached out to my dealer again to confirm the order was placed…

Ford Maverick Did my dealer place my order? Getting tired of this… C5E83AE8-E94E-45CA-B093-37D78534A167

I thought all was well and good until I read some threads on here, realizing that I needed to get unscheduled-clean status confirmation from Ford.

I call them, and they need my order code from the dealer. Nbd, I give them the code my salesperson gave me. No dice.

I call my salesperson, he says they use a temporary code, Ford will generate an order code.

I call Ford back and tell them what my salesperson told me. They say they can’t find my order with the order code I gave them.

I went back to my salesperson today and got this response…
Ford Maverick Did my dealer place my order? Getting tired of this… 9CD794E5-419B-42FF-8174-D5265BBC812F

Was my order placed? Is my dealership giving me the run around? Am I ever getting this mf’ing truck?
Please console me, or wallow in grief with me, or just share your experience so I can stop thinking about my own…
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Fusion SE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Reading this actually gives me *a bit* more confidence seeing as how I also received a confirmation email from Ford. I'm in a similar situation but was given even less information from my salesperson so, seeing the details on how the process is working currently, I will give it a week or so before I revert to panic mode.

OP
OP

TM11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Reading this actually gives me *a bit* more confidence seeing as how I also received a confirmation email from Ford. I'm in a similar situation but was given even less information from my salesperson so, seeing the details on how the process is working currently, I will give it a week or so before I revert to panic mode.
I’m definitely still quietly panicking, but you’re right. It’s a hectic process on Ford’s end, but knowing the details explains why this could be taking some time.

My biggest concern is that Ford support suggested I should already have an order number, and no one will tell me explicitly if not having an order code by now means I’m SOL.

Feldgary53

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick incoming, ‘13 Porsche 911,‘19 Audi Q3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You are not alone in the struggle .
I ordered Monday and still haven’t gotten a Ford confirmation email and called CS with no success finding an order with the numbers on the preview sheet. I called and emailed my sales manager and sales representative and was assured it’s indeed in the system.
Fortunately I’m not in any hurry and have no immediate need for the truck since my Ranger is just fine until and if a Maverick gets built. Still it’s frustrating to not have a definitive verification as to the status and can imagine the stress for those who need the truck asap.

Bad Actor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Ranger XLT, 73 Mustang Base, 02 Toyota Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your dealer generates the Customer code, so your salesperson is lying or doesn't know what's going on. Ford CS cannot look up your order without it. You should also have a dealer Sales code. From the entirety of that message, I have to say that person was full of ....

Need an order guide to look up your order? SMH

Sponsored

pnorwood54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XTL AWD-4K-FX4-360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
consult magic 8-ball

Uncle Ed

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander,Outlook,S10,1968Camaro,22Maverick.hybri
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I placed my order for a hybrid Maverick on Friday 9/16 because of the issues on 9/15. I bothered my salesperson all day and finally got a confirmation email from Ford that afternoon.

Realizing the order banks for hybrids closed yesterday, I reached out to my dealer again to confirm the order was placed…

C5E83AE8-E94E-45CA-B093-37D78534A167.png

I thought all was well and good until I read some threads on here, realizing that I needed to get unscheduled-clean status confirmation from Ford.

I call them, and they need my order code from the dealer. Nbd, I give them the code my salesperson gave me. No dice.

I call my salesperson, he says they use a temporary code, Ford will generate an order code.

I call Ford back and tell them what my salesperson told me. They say they can’t find my order with the order code I gave them.

9CD794E5-419B-42FF-8174-D5265BBC812F.png

Was my order placed? Is my dealership giving me the run around? Am I ever getting this mf’ing truck?
Please console me, or wallow in grief with me, or just share your experience so I can stop thinking about my own…
I’m definitely still quietly panicking, but you’re right. It’s a hectic process on Ford’s end, but knowing the details explains why this could be taking some time.

My biggest concern is that Ford support suggested I should already have an order number, and no one will tell me explicitly if not having an order code by now means I’m SOL.

C5E83AE8-E94E-45CA-B093-37D78534A167.png

9CD794E5-419B-42FF-8174-D5265BBC812F.png

My " order code" was in the upper right corner of the first form I signed, which listed vehicle, options, fees, taxes, final price. Mine was generated by the dealer and 11 months 3weeks later is still the same order code. Truck expected in 3 weeks. If you received an email from Ford then an order was put in. Just need the right code.

OP
OP

TM11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
My " order code" was in the upper right corner of the first form I signed, which listed vehicle, options, fees, taxes, final price. Mine was generated by the dealer and 11 months 3weeks later is still the same order code. Truck expected in 3 weeks. If you received an email from Ford then an order was put in. Just need the right code.
Geez… the form I signed had an order code in top right along with dealer sales code, but that’s not getting any results when I call Ford to see if the order is in. Either my order is in and dealership doesn’t know my actual sales code, or I got an email despite my order being improperly entered.

Welp 🤷‍♂️

Brown0

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Geez… the form I signed had an order code in top right along with dealer sales code, but that’s not getting any results when I call Ford to see if the order is in. Either my order is in and dealership doesn’t know my actual sales code, or I got an email despite my order being improperly entered.

Welp 🤷‍♂️
Ford Chat was able to find my order with my dealer name and location and my name, without either number. Maybe try that and play dumb.

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You may or may not have an order. If it was a Hybrid it may or may not matter as you may not receive the truck at the agreed price if it rolls to a 24. Best advice I have seen on this is to place your order and hopefully you can forget about it, then in a year or two an email pops up that its in production.

Sponsored
OP
OP

TM11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Ford Chat was able to find my order with my dealer name and location and my name, without either number. Maybe try that and play dumb.
No luck. I tried my best, but they just said they can only see the dealer’s orders and order codes, couldn’t look me up by customer name.

LCGRAMMA

First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Ecosport
Your dealer generates the Customer code, so your salesperson is lying or doesn't know what's going on. Ford CS cannot look up your order without it. You should also have a dealer Sales code. From the entirety of that message, I have to say th person was full of ....

Need an order guide to look up your order? SMH

I called customer service today with order code and sales code, and they were able to look up my order.

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My order # did not change from the MY22 order to the MY23 order, it's still the same, and, I did receive a confirmation email from Ford with details about my '2023 Lariat' order.

I called Ford Marketing the next day and they confirmed the order had been converted to a MY23.

Good luck.
Sponsored