Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvettes
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Swung by the dealership down the road to put my order in over lunch. Before I ordered, I sat in a Bronco Sport to see how it fits. Seemed to fit my needs, so I went ahead and had them put in my order.
Now I’m just waiting on the email.
51936142-35E8-49A4-B9A2-D5B55AC37797.jpeg
Curious, why is there a $2220 charge for Equipment Group 300A. It is my understanding it is the standard equipment for the XLT trim. Could be wrong.

AngloSoup

First Name
Anglo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Beater
I contacted dealer and they said someone would contact me back. So far nothing. 1 week order window is a bit tight. Glad I got my 22 at least.

Same with me. Contacted first day and they said "give me two days, we're busy". Wondering now if I need to try a different dealer or if it's too late.

scourgio

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT (first ever truck)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was at my local authorized Ford dealer when they opened today. The manager was apparently just back from a week long Ford convention in Las Vegas.

My wife ordered a MY23 Maverick XLT Hybrid with 360 in Cactus Gray. Placed the order at 10AM EDT, but we haven't received a confirmation e mail from Ford. Did anyone else order today and receive a prompt response?

The manager feels that Ford may open up the Maverick order book each quarter for short periods.
I ordered today at 10:30am (ET). I have not received the confirmation from Ford yet either.

AngloSoup

First Name
Anglo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Beater
I believe that is Ford's intent. It sounds like the put a cap on the number of Maverick retail orders on purpose to allow a buffer to eventually get to stock orders and to ensure all retail orders are produced. I'm sure they are watching their numbers like hawks and plan to pull the plug as soon as they hit their limit.
Dangerous. Because if you think you've missed your window you could buy something else instead.

Sponsored

AngloSoup

First Name
Anglo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Beater
I'm a little annoyed we can't enter our orders ourselves and we're stuck at the mercy of dealerships.

hockeypukk54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nope, 2023 Transit Connect continues at existing plant. 2024 in Mexico cancelled. 2024+ Transit Connect won't be in US.
You are correct, all Transit Connects will continue to be built in Valencia, Spain until early 2024 at which time the plant is being converted for production of electric vehicles. 2023MY is the final year for all Transit Connects to be sold in North America.

gwstlouis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer alleges they placed an order, but no email. Dealer alleges that it will take 2 - 3 days to receive an email from Ford. At least you got the email from Ford. More than what I have.
So I got the order in and then got the confirmed letter from Ford so I take it the confirmed letter means all is ok and your order is in the system or is this just a standard generated letter from the dealer saying your order is confirmed.

Flight Test

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvettes
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
skadizzle

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It's funny that there's a good chance there won't even be a Tuesday video with Tim to go over the Maverick ordering process. It opened on Thursday and may close tomorrow before he records again.

rshawn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I tried placing an order this morning and was told that the dealer was having issues with the building software and they were unable to make the build so far today. I was told I would get a call/email back once they could complete the build, but I haven't heard anything (I went in at 10am ET). I'm starting to wonder if I should consult a different dealership in the area...

billbillw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Curious, why is there a $2220 charge for Equipment Group 300A. It is my understanding it is the standard equipment for the XLT trim. Could be wrong.
300A is the charge for all wheel drive IIRC. Not standard. Ecoboost is no cost, but AWD is $2200 on all trim levels.

CarlDek

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Alto Blue Maverick XLT Lux, 2008 Lexus ES350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I placed an order on Friday, 9/16/22 with Long McArthur and received a confirmation from Ford Motor Company the same day.

mcluvin

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I placed an order with Mullinax Ford of New Smyrna Saturday and was assured the order would be entered with Ford that day. It wasn't and still hasn't been. It's sitting in a big stack waiting its turn.

I've now e-mailed Ashlie at Chapman in the hopes they are more efficient. I really hate dealing with car sales people.
Sponsored