Td14782

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick 2019 Ram 2009 suzuki equator,2008 pl
$75 labor or $75 total
$75.00 labor hitch was a little over $300.00 I believe.There was a labor coupon on parts site at time I ordered.I purchased truck 10/22 the hitches were backorder for a few months at that time.No welding what so ever.Bolted on like every other hitch.
Sponsored

jimdouglas

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks. I was going to trim my 23 order down to an XLT with a trailer hitch and install all the other options I wanted myself. It looks like I will be installing a trailer hitch as well. :)
You may just want to have an RV supply do this rather than waiting. The parts should be available, so wondering if it’s just a manpower shortage at ford?

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Where O where is it? Ordered 8-31-2021, in build 8-10-22, delivery 9-3, then 9-10 and today is 9-12 and no truck yet. Would have been nice to get it today it is my 80th birthday
Happy birthday! Hope you get your truck soon.

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You may just want to have an RV supply do this rather than waiting. The parts should be available, so wondering if it’s just a manpower shortage at ford?
I plan to do it myself.

The problem at Ford is a part shortage. The installation of the crash bar with a trailer hitch and the installation of cash bar without is the same labor.

AngloSoup

First Name
Anglo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Beater
So basically, the general consensus is. If I want my MY 2023 to arrive some time in 2023, I'm best ordering with zero added options and just add everything I want after market?

Sponsored

unclerunkle

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So basically, the general consensus is. If I want my MY 2023 to arrive some time in 2023, I'm best ordering with zero added options and just add everything I want after market?
Somewhat. All depends if you want to join the parts lottery and how many chips are on the table (pun intended).

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is totally up to you and what options you want.
The more options ....the more opportunities for constraints.

For me, the items I wanted in the luxury package I am able to install myself.

The bed liner looks easy to install. The cost (without installation) is almost the same after market of factory direct.

The trailer hitch as a DIY project is affordable and for me do-able. If your going to have the dealer do it, someone here said it cost them $600

The heated options are not really DIY projects. Nor would the electric seat adjust.

It comes down to what options you need or want, what is your skill set is for DIY, and/or how much are you willing to spend to have someone else install the options.

For me, I'm going for a plain XLT to try to speed up the delivery. I but I respect those who want to order what they want and receive a turn key Maverick.

AngloSoup

First Name
Anglo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Beater
It is totally up to you and what options you want.
The more options ....the more opportunities for constraints.

For me, the items I wanted in the luxury package I am able to install myself.

The bed liner looks easy to install. The cost (without installation) is almost the same after market of factory direct.

The trailer hitch as a DIY project is affordable and for me do-able. If your going to have the dealer do it, someone here said it cost them $600

The heated options are not really DIY projects. Nor would the electric seat adjust.

It comes down to what options you need or want, what is your skill set is for DIY, and/or how much are you willing to spend to have someone else install the options.

For me, I'm going for a plain XLT to try to speed up the delivery. I but I respect those who want to order what they want and receive a turn key Maverick.

I want the moonroof and the rear sliding window and bed liner.... But if the truck arrives after end of August next year, then it's going to be problematic for me.

Can't install the moonroof after market or rear sliding window... But I could live without them. Bed liners are easily DIY projects thankfully.

I do want a hitch though and hoping they sort that out so it won't be a constraint in '23 like it is '22 as that appears to be the one thing that makes sense from factory.

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Where O where is it? Ordered 8-31-2021, in build 8-10-22, delivery 9-3, then 9-10 and today is 9-12 and no truck yet. Would have been nice to get it today it is my 80th birthday
Happy birthday 🍯

Maverickblues

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone know the answer to this?
If I have to change my '22 to a '23 and reorder, can I also upgrade my order from an XL to an XLT?
If I do so, will I still have some price protection?
Will I retain my "place in line" (if there is such a thing)
And the unknown - How might the "special private offer" play into all of this?
Don't ya wish when calling Ford Customer Service they could answer these kinds of questions? Is have found calling them to be rather worthless. Their standard answer - "Ask your dealer". (Who doesn't know.)
Starting with your private offer. How ever much that same truck you originally ordered without changes later, that is how much you should get. Whatever that same XL goes up in a 23 is what you should get in your offer..........Secondly, Tim Bartz, Ford Video Guy, says even if you change engines, you should retain your place in line. I asked him this live on his You Tube Show about 6 weeks ago. I know that could be a huge choice to switch if that proves to be un-true, but that is what he said. I would try to confirm that with him. And yes, all this needs to be done at the same dealership as your original order.

Sponsored

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I want the moonroof and the rear sliding window and bed liner.... But if the truck arrives after end of August next year, then it's going to be problematic for me.

Can't install the moonroof after market or rear sliding window... But I could live without them. Bed liners are easily DIY projects thankfully.

I do want a hitch though and hoping they sort that out so it won't be a constraint in '23 like it is '22 as that appears to be the one thing that makes sense from factory.
If the '23 price is still $100 I agree it is a great option to have done at the factory. Price wise.
If it is a constraint item then is is a toss up

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
$75.00 labor hitch was a little over $300.00 I believe.There was a labor coupon on parts site at time I ordered.I purchased truck 10/22 the hitches were backorder for a few months at that time.No welding what so ever.Bolted on like every other hitch.
That sounds about right. Did the dealer install the wiring harness as well?

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don't forget about dealer allocations. It was supposed to be first in first out months ago. If what I read is true and the order banks open 15 days after for new orders that is positive. Things to keep your eye on . Lose 0% financing .... 2022 incentives Farm Bureau X plan college students and a few others. We will see if they change them. Ford needs to commit clearly all 2022 orders to be built first within reason IMO to be fair.
As I have always told my kids: "Fair is in August". We are now into Sep. I trust ford to do the right thing about as far as I can throw an elephant ;)

Maverickblues

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don't forget about dealer allocations. It was supposed to be first in first out months ago. If what I read is true and the order banks open 15 days after for new orders that is positive. Things to keep your eye on . Lose 0% financing .... 2022 incentives Farm Bureau X plan college students and a few others. We will see if they change them. Ford needs to commit clearly all 2022 orders to be built first within reason IMO to be fair. Order date 10/11/21 no vin#
My understanding is that if you are convertinting to a 23 from a 22 that all 22 financing offers are off the table. All other discounts are very iffy. The only plus is a 23 received in the first half of 23 or sooner and the private offer. Like the song says......"It Seems Like A Mighty Long Time"
Sponsored