First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT, 2013 Toyota Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got my VIN last week for my order placed on 10/21/21 for a hybrid XLT velocity blue, with hitch and moonroof. Last week when I called Ford my build date was 10/10. Called today and now it's 10/3. I'll be calling every week now. Still no email from Ford or my dealer. I sent dealer an email a couple of days ago saying "oh by the way, I now have a VIN." No response. I hope they were not going try an pull a fast one and try to sell it out from under me. I have heard that has happened to others. I'm going to track that truck from Mexico to Delaware...
Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How are you guys able to get updated on the production date without calling Ford customer service?
We aren't. We call or chat to get updates.

hocrmaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
ah thanks. Well at least I have a vin..too bad it'll be a 22 model so late in the year. Ah well

mtd14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Chevy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
.Low and behold, I now have a VIN, which of course makes my order a 2022 year. My mixed feelings is this: Bad part is I'll be getting a brand new vehicle already one year old and devalued accordingly. Good part is the problems/bugs that the first production models experienced hopefully has been resolved and I won't have to worry about those issues (I hope).
Another potential pro, if you drive a good amount, is you’ll seem to have a lower mileage car for the year.

Sponsored

MrCigar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT EB FX4 Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@hocrmaverick I was order date 1/27 as well as CA so maybe I'll see ya out there. I just call the Ford # once a week for update, they are quick and so far the experience has been good.

stlouischiefs

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe, Cactus Grey XLT on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just called the Maverick Marketing number and they told me I was getting moved to 23. Jan 8th order, XLT FWD with tow hitch, moonroof and sliding back window. Guess I should of spent more money and got extras I don't need and were "constrained" if I wanted to get scheduled.

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid+Lux in Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got my VIN last week for my order placed on 10/21/21 for a hybrid XLT velocity blue, with hitch and moonroof. Last week when I called Ford my build date was 10/10. Called today and now it's 10/3. I'll be calling every week now. Still no email from Ford or my dealer. I sent dealer an email a couple of days ago saying "oh by the way, I now have a VIN." No response. I hope they were not going try an pull a fast one and try to sell it out from under me. I have heard that has happened to others. I'm going to track that truck from Mexico to Delaware...
I'm a Velocity Blue XLT with a 10/10 build week. Wonder if mine got bumped forward. And here I thought I was done chatting with Ford....

I also have zero communication from my dealer. I checked their website after I got my VIN because incoming retail order Mavericks will briefly appear as incoming units on their site. Sure enough, my VIN was there over Labor Day weekend along with about 15 others. But all of them vanished by mid-week. Guess they are automatically appearing and then after they get tired of taking customer calls about them someone goes and turns them off manually.

They had them all marked up $8,000 over MSRP. This is in Southern California.

UPDATE- chatted with Ford and I have moved from 10/10 to 10/3 build week.

Last edited:

Gary C

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I just got off the phone with a Maverick customer service rep. They said all 22s not assigned a VIN by close of business tomorrow (Sep 8th), will not be a 22. Said dealers should be sending out emails by the 12th letting us know, and how to reorder a 23. Said the reorder banks open on the 15th, and the new order banks open on the 30th.

Mine is a Alto Blue Hybrid Lariat with a tow hitch. They said my constraint is the tow hitch. :mad:
I call today my rep said the 9-8-22 rumor got out and he didn't know when the are stopping the MY22.

OP
OP
StephanWolf

StephanWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I call today my rep said the 9-8-22 rumor got out and he didn't know when the are stopping the MY22.
They are spreading their own rumors? :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the update.

Sponsored

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2018 Subaru Forester, 1966 MGB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

For what it’s worth (not much, I know), I just got off the phone with Ford Customer Center, checking (just for fun) on status of our 1/25/22 order for an Ecoboost XLT (no constraints)

She said it was still in “order processing,” and when asked if there was a cutoff date for MY22 scheduling, she said they “were still scheduling for another week or two.”

The confusion continues…

scottp01

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fiesta (on death's door)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just called the Maverick Marketing number and they told me I was getting moved to 23. Jan 8th order, XLT FWD with tow hitch, moonroof and sliding back window. Guess I should of spent more money and got extras I don't need and were "constrained" if I wanted to get scheduled.
I think the moonroof was a hidden constraint. Only difference between my November 1st order and a January order at my dealer was the moon roof and color. But I saw other velocity blue trucks get scheduled, so that wasn't holding my order up.

stlouischiefs

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe, Cactus Grey XLT on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think the moonroof was a hidden constraint. Only difference between my November 1st order and a January order at my dealer was the moon roof and color. But I saw other velocity blue trucks get scheduled, so that wasn't holding my order up.
I think this time around i'm just going to order a AWD FX4 with no other options. Those seem to get scheduled pretty regularly.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just got off the phone with a Maverick customer service rep. They said all 22s not assigned a VIN by close of business tomorrow (Sep 8th), will not be a 22. Said dealers should be sending out emails by the 12th letting us know, and how to reorder a 23. Said the reorder banks open on the 15th, and the new order banks open on the 30th.

Mine is a Alto Blue Hybrid Lariat with a tow hitch. They said my constraint is the tow hitch. :mad:
Contraint is the tow hitch?? Ya gotta be kidding me. The tow hitch is just a hunk of metal, no chips involved whatsoever. I could get a tow hitch put on at U-Haul in a few hours. Next thing they'd be telling us is they ran out of tires.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Because the package you ordered will not be exactly duplicated in 23's and as such they don't know if you what you would live with or without and at what price.
Of course they can't make this simple. Now we'll have to go through the entire process again, worry that the dealer properly submitted the COVP properly, that we somehow retained our place in line, and that the accessories we ordered aren't constrained?
I seriously miss the old days when Ford just shipped vehicles to the dealer and you tried to find something you liked on the lot. You might have to comprise on the color, get a feature you didn't really want or not have one you did want. Or, you'd try different dealers, hoping to find something you liked better or at a better deal. Sure, not a custom built-to-order vehicle, but hey... you didn't have to wait over a year.
Sponsored