2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

As I said in another thread, I will certainly not be surprised in the slightest if Ford ends up extending MY22 production another week or three beyond 11/7, which, incidentally, is when my truck is scheduled.

At this point, they can go ahead and start accepting MY23 orders next week and it really doesn't matter exactly when they start building them. If it's in mid-November, late November or early December so what?

I do agree with Tim Bartz @fordvideoguy that once they issue you a VIN, they kind of have to build you a truck. I mean, I guess they don't HAVE to, but if they didn't, what would they do for you? Can you imagine? :sick:
Sponsored

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As I said in another thread, I will certainly not be surprised in the slightest if Ford ends up extending MY22 production another week or three beyond 11/7, which, incidentally, is when my truck is scheduled.

At this point, they can go ahead and start accepting MY23 orders next week and it really doesn't matter exactly when they start building them. If it's in mid-November, late November or early December so what?

I do agree with Tim Bartz @fordvideoguy that once they issue you a VIN, they kind of have to build you a truck. I mean, I guess they don't HAVE to, but if they didn't, what would they do for you? Can you imagine? :sick:
I imagine they would send a generic canned email expressing their understanding of your frustration and a promise to send another canned email that doesn't really say anything in 45 days. :ROFLMAO:

I would not be surprised to see 2022 production extended into December given all the VINs they have issued in the last couple of weeks and all the orders that already had VINs getting pushed back. I also have an order scheduled for the week of 11/7. I'm going to be very surprised if it is built that week. I really hope to be surprised.

TomMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mazda Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just visited with my dealer. My build date was week of Sept. 15th. Now moved to week of Oct. 17th.
Could be one of the last ones off the assembly line. Can only hope they have enough parts. The VIN was assigned on August 5th.

Mav101

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gm
Yeah, sure doesn’t seem like they are going to be able to build all of these with a vin, with how they keep pushing everyone back

Rmalzo

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Bolt, Tesla Y, Jeep Gladiator
Last trip into the dealer they told me the hitch could be holding mine up. I laughed at them. This is the first thing they possibly got right lol. If I was ford I would try to get people to drop them because $100 is like free. That sucks if it comes true.

Sponsored

Rmalzo

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Bolt, Tesla Y, Jeep Gladiator
Someone may have said this before somewhere else, but props on the solid username. (y)
I got my vin the other day with a build week of Set 19. I have a hitch on the build. Should I be ok? When should I receive the car?

Dano

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB/AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, sure doesn’t seem like they are going to be able to build all of these with a vin, with how they keep pushing everyone back
My jan/11 order rcv'd a vin last week with a scheduled build week 10/31 and actually moved up to 10/24....go figure!

futuremavowner

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just got off the phone with a Maverick customer service rep. They said all 22s not assigned a VIN by close of business tomorrow (Sep 8th), will not be a 22. Said dealers should be sending out emails by the 12th letting us know, and how to reorder a 23. Said the reorder banks open on the 15th, and the new order banks open on the 30th.

Mine is a Alto Blue Hybrid Lariat with a tow hitch. They said my constraint is the tow hitch. :mad:

futuremavowner

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just got off the phone with a Maverick customer service rep. They said all 22s not assigned a VIN by close of business tomorrow (Sep 8th), will not be a 22. Said dealers should be sending out emails by the 12th letting us know, and how to reorder a 23. Said the reorder banks open on the 15th, and the new order banks open on the 30th.

Mine is a Alto Blue Hybrid Lariat with a tow hitch. They said my constraint is the tow hitch. :mad:
Tow hitches are holding up orders? Unbelievable. Ford really needs to get their act together.

Sam Hall

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Ridgeline - 2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oct 21st ordered a similar Alto Blue Hybrid Lariat with Lux and 360 and moonroof. This has not been fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have you or do you know of any one who has used a window sticker at trade in?
They’d use the VIN, if anything, which won’t show the hitch receiver, either.

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Welp, called Ford CS because my Mav was supposed to be built this week.....hadn't heard a peep. Now I know why.....pushed back again to 10-3 now.....

At some point, when there's no longer '22 dates to push back to, what the @#$% is gonna happen??? November should be quite interesting. o_O
Car manufactures usually start a model year in the previous year. Maverick 2022's actually starting in 2021. I don't think it has ever happened, but could those with 2022 VIN's pending be built in 2023. That would suck for those of us thinking that our 2023's will start in November.

CZaugg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid, 2021 Toyota Venza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, it's the 8th of September, final day for MY22 VIN's. I took the advice of others on this forum to call Ford Motor Company Customer Service to find out where my order stands. By way of info, I placed my order October 9, 2021. I ordered the Maverick Hybrid Lariat Luxury package with co-pilot360 and splash guards, Alto Blue in color. Ford Customer Service by the way was very friendly and helpful. Since I had not received any notifications from Ford Motor Company or my dealer, I really thought my order was going to be rolled over into a MY23. Low and behold, I now have a VIN, which of course makes my order a 2022 year. I have mixed feelings about this. I am of course quite excited to be getting my vehicle before I anticipated, around January or February 2023. I was told scheduled build date of October 17th with arrival to the dealership around the 23rd - 29th. My mixed feelings is this: Bad part is I'll be getting a brand new vehicle already one year old and devalued accordingly. Good part is the problems/bugs that the first production models experienced hopefully has been resolved and I won't have to worry about those issues (I hope). I was looking forward in changing my color for what I was expecting to be a MY23 to the Atlas Blue. I like the Alto Blue for the MY22 but liked the Atlas Blue more for MY23. Like it or not, Alto Blue will be the color of my Maverick. Those of you that have Alto Blue, I'd be interested in what you think of that color after having your vehicle for awhile. Hopefully you love the color which I hope to. So the big question now will be, like many of you out there in Maverick land, will my production date be pushed back and by how much. That'll be the next big question. I have done the happy dance and now ready to face reality.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Car manufactures usually start a model year in the previous year. Maverick 2022's actually starting in 2021. I don't think it has ever happened, but could those with 2022 VIN's pending be built in 2023. That would suck for those of us thinking that our 2023's will start in November.
I really don't know how this will play out. Just seems like a huge log jam approaching final '22 production, as just about everything scheduled lately seems to be pushed back week after week. At some point, Ford has to finish '22's & start '23's, but I don't know the legality the whole VIN/model year/change-over relationship. It just seems like an even bigger mess is on the horizon..... 😬
Sponsored