Sponsored

If your Ecoboost order get pushed to 2023 will you change it to a Hybrid?

Switching to a Hybrid?

• Yes, if the 23 model year price increase isn't too much

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm going the other way Hybrid to Ecoboost

• Giving up on the Maverick getting a Rav4

• Santa Cruz for life

• Waiting for the new Ranger

• Changing only for a ST or Tremor

• Total voters

twoquickcapri

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you order after November wanting a Hybrid but was stuck with a Ecoboost? Is the current price of gas making you rethink your engine choice? Will AWD really come? Is Eruption Green the best color Ford makes?

From what I've read Ford will not price protection on orders that make a major change like swapping motors. Wonder what the 23 price increase will be. I could see a 10%-15% increase on all options with the base XL staying at below 20k.

I have both an Ecoboost and Hybrid on order. Right now I feel like I have 50% chance of getting the Hybrid (priority code 2) as a 22 and about 10% for the EcoBoost(not enough allocations at dealer). To be honest I don't care if they are 22 or 23 but I do need them show up before the end of the year to use my rebate.

Personally hoping to be able to change my order(s) to a Eruption Green Hybrid with AWD.
Sponsored

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I could only pick one response so I went with maybe.

I already gave up on Maverick and bought a RAV4 Hybrid XLE. However, my wife decided she liked it better than her car, and now I am back in the Maverick waiting game because the Maverick is really what I want.

One of my orders is with Granger and that cannot change to a Hybrid. It will stay as is with a possible color change to Cactus Gray or, if available, Eruption Green.

My order with Long McArthur will likely change to a Hybrid Lariat and definitely in Eruption Green if that color is available for 2023.

I’ll probably cancel the order I have with my local dealer and get my $500 back. They have the highest fees and have not been communicative at all.

Then I just have to figure out how to get both the Ecoboost XLT and the Hybrid Lariat.

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think I would go FWD to AWD but stick with EB.

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A dark green AWD PHEV might push me to change the order. I dont think they will do it in yr 2, maybe AWD hybrid. I still dont fully trust Ford and hybrid technology like I would a Toyota, so I want to see if they get it right for a few yrs on the Mav.

DanMav1701

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Equinox
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Question is, will you change your order if it means it changes your order date and you have to wait all over again?

OP
OP
twoquickcapri

twoquickcapri

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Question is, will you change your order if it means it changes your order date and you have to wait all over again?
Based on Ford's history any major change will reset your order date.
Sponsored