Sponsored

MrEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Rav 4
Report to BBB, keeping a vehicle that long is BS. They just keep pushing you back because of corporate clients. Email owner.
Good Luck
I filed a complaint with the BBB this morning. I hated to but it seems the only way I can get service. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, I guess.
Sponsored

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm with you OP. My first impression when I drove the Maverick home from the dealership was what the hell? What I read from posts is not what I encountered. I love the acceleration, MPG from the hybrid, size of the vehicle, no blind spots and cold AC. I don't even have a negative comment on the stereo and speakers as I think it sounds fine. The interior is fun and creative. Even the dial shifter is easy.

Good review!
Careful with that positivity. You may get banned. JK
Enjoyed ur review. I am on day 16 of Hybrid Maverick ownership.

Phileaux

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge SEL fwd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great post. I too love my Mav, but on April 18th the check engine light came on. It's been in the shop 23 days and Beaman Ford in Dickson, Tn still has not "had time to look at your truck because we are so busy". I waited 7 months to get it, drove it 7 weeks when the problem started. I call the service department manager and he puts me on hold for minutes at a time, then cuts me off. That happened 3 times yesterday alone. I love my little truck but I've grown to dislike the after the sale attitude of Beaman Ford and even the Ford Customer Care Center. My calls to Ford Corporate have fallen on deaf ears. It's so frustrating.
Report to BBB, keeping a vehicle that long is BS. They just keep pushing you back because of corporate clients. Email owner.
Good Luck

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great post. I too love my Mav, but on April 18th the check engine light came on. It's been in the shop 23 days and Beaman Ford in Dickson, Tn still has not "had time to look at your truck because we are so busy". I waited 7 months to get it, drove it 7 weeks when the problem started. I call the service department manager and he puts me on hold for minutes at a time, then cuts me off. That happened 3 times yesterday alone. I love my little truck but I've grown to dislike the after the sale attitude of Beaman Ford and even the Ford Customer Care Center. My calls to Ford Corporate have fallen on deaf ears. It's so frustrating.
why can't you drive it while waiting on that shop (or another shop) to look at it? A large % of the time Check Engine light is related to emissions system and not going to damage your vehicle. You do have a warranty on it too if it turns out to be something more serious- and then they should arrange a loaner for you to drive.

Good luck

MrEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Rav 4
why can't you drive it while waiting on that shop (or another shop) to look at it? A large % of the time Check Engine light is related to emissions system and not going to damage your vehicle. You do have a warranty on it too if it turns out to be something more serious- and then they should arrange a loaner for you to drive.

Good luck
Dealer recommended not driving it. They said I could but I'd be responsible if it caused more damage. Our Ford dealership is so off-putting. No concern for customers is what I'm experiencing.

Sponsored

vabchusa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford C Max SE, 2022 Maverick First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Most auto parts stores like Auto Zone and Advance Auto have a OBD tester you can check out and use. Check your codes and check them out online to see what the matter is (most times it's just a "burp" and the code will go away if you reset it. If it keeps coming back then take it to the dealer.

Allen King Jr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 C-Max phev, 2006 Mercury Mariner, 2023 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Most auto parts stores like Auto Zone and Advance Auto have a OBD tester you can check out and use. Check your codes and check them out online to see what the matter is (most times it's just a "burp" and the code will go away if you reset it. If it keeps coming back then take it to the dealer.
You beat me to it....lol

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hate that I cant give a positive review of my truck yet.

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Dealer recommended not driving it. They said I could but I'd be responsible if it caused more damage. Our Ford dealership is so off-putting. No concern for customers is what I'm experiencing.
Did they give you a loaner vehicle? If not you should ask for one since it's taking so long. In my experience, anything over three or four days on a warranty repair I've been given a loaner.

Sponsored

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD

storcutt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator GT, C8 Corvette, Toyota Camry XLE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lately, folks have posted reviews bitching and moaning about petty stuff they hate about their Mav so I figured, why not do one as well!

20220509_094227.jpg

First, I hate that gas prices are so high right now so I'm very happy with that MPG right there. That drive was 5 percent city/95 percent interstate.

I hate that I have back problems so I was worried about the Maverick since it was ordered sight unseen. I'm happy to say that the seat is very comfortable. Got lucky there considering how much driving I do.

I hate that the hybrid is so quite because my daughter said she could sneak out at night in it and I wouldn't hear her. I'm happy to say she hasn't done that.

I hate that some of you are being screwed by your dealer. I'm happy to say that I had a very pleasant experience at Richmond Ford West in Richmond Va. Ask for Darius. He's a no pressure, upstanding kind of guy.

I hate that some of you are having problems with your Mav. I'm happy to say that mine has been almost problem free. I had the shudder once, my infotainment screen freezes once in a blue moon, no hood vibration, none. Knock on wood.

My wife hates that I'm always looking for an excuse to go out and drive my Mav, even on weekends when I'm not working. When Friday rolls around, I can't wait for Monday not because I love my job but because I get to drive my Mav again.

Anyway, not much of a review. Just wanted to say I like my Mav.
I hate that there's nothing to hate. Actually... The only thing I hate is I had rotator cuff surgery two days after taking delivery, so I haven't driven it as much as I'd like to
Ford Maverick 15K Miles Review and Stuff I Hate inbound3424417766713449592
Over 600 miles on my first tank.

Trucklet

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hate that the hybrid is so quite because my daughter said she could sneak out at night in it and I wouldn't hear her. I'm happy to say she hasn't done that.
So, you're saying it works! :D

Trucklet

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's been in the shop 23 days and Beaman Ford in Dickson, Tn still has not "had time to look at your truck because we are so busy".
My vehicle (not Maverick, still waiting) has been in the dealership 3 solid days now for a new throttle body for the exact same reason, too busy! A throttle body is mounted right in front, mounted with 4 bolts, one hose clamp, and one electrical plug. Literally that's it. I had to take time off work the first day, and ultimately had to press for a loaner, and it's all because it's sitting in pieces and they don't have time (or feel like) putting it back together. By "sitting in pieces" I mean the plastic air intake is on the floor, and maybe the gasket. I sincerely hope this isn't the new normal.
Sponsored