First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
According to Tim at Long McArthur they have 221 unscheduled Mavericks right now (split about evenly between hybrid and EB). Ford is now scheduling build dates in July. Long McArthur got 12, yes 12, Maverick allocations for May. That means Ford has to schedule, build, and allocate Long McArthur roughly 73 Mavericks per month for July, August, and September in order for all of their 2022 orders to be filled. Or, if they were somehow able to include June in there, 55 per month.

Anyone see that happening? I sure don't.
Exactly. And that's ONE dealership. Although a huge one, it's just ONE and they have 221 unscheduled Mavericks. Add up the rest from the other 3000 Ford dealerships in America to that number. Yes 3000. Then add up the ones that are scheduled and not built yet. People thinking that there are only 10, 25, or even 50k Mavericks left to build are insane. It's an insanely popular truck. A LOT more than 100k were ordered and waiting to get built and Ford isn't going to reach 75% of that by the fall.
Sponsored

Mite-o-Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Let's see... if Ford produces Mavericks at that rate, they'll total 108,000 by the end of September. (That's 26,000 in 2021, 36,000 in 2022 through April, 46,000 May-Sept at 9,200 per month.)

So... How many 2022 orders (not reservations) do you (or anyone else here) think there are?

I keep asking that question because people keep saying "There's no way Ford can fill all these orders." Yet no one seems to know what they mean by "all these orders." @nwcali6 lays it out pretty clearly:

I mean, how do we know it "doesn't look good" if we don't have a handle on the number of orders?
That's the thing, no one knows. The only time Ford has come out and said anything was the end August...there were 100,000 reservations for a Maverick. That news came out August 23. What about September, October, November, December, January? If 2.5 months brought in 100,000 orders, and the Maverick having more news and being more talked about Sep-Jan, I could only assume they got another 150k orders at least. So let's say 250k total. That's me being conservative.
Now I know not all those stuck, but I guarantee at least 175,000 did. If you add in non-ordered Mavericks, it makes reaching that number even harder and slower.

For some reason, a lot of people only think Ford just has 60, 75, 100, or 110k at most Mavericks total to build for 2022. No way. A truck this good and popular and cheap. I mean, come on, Ford made nearly 900,000 F-150s in 2019. Honda made 325,000 Civics in 2019. Toyota made 336,000 in 2019. Now, I understand that's pre pandemic, but just goes to show you how many of a popular vehicle gets made a year. You don't think Maverick reservations and orders should be HALF as much as a Civic or Camry? Most just buy those off the lot too. The majority of Mavericks were customed ordered.

No one knows for sure, at least not us, how many Mavericks are still unscheduled and not built yet, but I'd be willing to guess that numeber, plus ones that have already been built, is at LEAST 175,000. Its already May 2022. No way has Ford built half their reservations for a 2022 Maverick, and no way they will come close to reaching 100% by the fall.

Signed, guy that order June 10th and hasn't been scheduled yet.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's the thing, no one knows. The only time Ford has come out and said anything was the end August...there were 100,000 reservations for a Maverick. That news came out August 23. What about September, October, November, December, January? If 2.5 months brought in 100,000 orders, and the Maverick having more news and being more talked about Sep-Jan, I could only assume they got another 150k orders at least. So let's say 250k total. That's me being conservative.
Now I know not all those stuck, but I guarantee at least 175,000 did.
No way has Ford built half their reservations for a 2022 Maverick, and no way they will come close to reaching 100% by the fall.
I couldn't have said it better myself. No one (outside of Ford) knows the number of orders.

That said, I'm not sure how much stock to put in your guarantee that there were at least 175,000 orders -- particularly since you base it on "if this" and "assuming that" and "let's say" something else.

I think I'll stick with "no one knows." That seems to be the only thing we know for sure.

(BTW, you keep using that word "reservations." I do not think it means what you think it means. :devilish:)

Last edited:

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m in the same situation. My build date was supposedly yesterday but I didn’t get a status update or active modules. Not sure how this is supposed to work. 😢
When my scheduled build week came up I checked the track your order Ford website and that's where I found out that my Maverick had actually went into production and that the window sticker was available. I never received an email from Ford and you won't because under their new email process the next email you will receive from Ford is once your Maverick is built. As far as the modules coming to life, go to the "Trackers" forum on the MTC and in there you'll find a link to a Ford website that you can put in your VIN and check on the life of your modules.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I couldn't have said it better myself. No one (outside of Ford) knows the number of orders.

That said, I'm not sure how much stock to put in your guarantee that there were at least 175,000 orders -- particularly since you base it on "if this" and "assuming that" and "let's say" something else.

I think I'll stick with "no one knows." That seems to be the only thing we know for sure.

(BTW, you keep using that word "reservations." I do not think it means what you think it means. :devilish:)
it is obvious that there are more orders than what has been built, and less orders than what will be built by 2025. Exact as we can get it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mav_27

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When my scheduled build week came up I checked the track your order Ford website and that's where I found out that my Maverick had actually went into production and that the window sticker was available. I never received an email from Ford and you won't because under their new email process the next email you will receive from Ford is once your Maverick is built. As far as the modules coming to life, go to the "Trackers" forum on the MTC and in there you'll find a link to a Ford website that you can put in your VIN and check on the life of your modules.
Yes I’ve been using that link every day and it’s never been populated

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes I’ve been using that link every day and it’s never been populated
I just checked mine and it's slowly being build from a what I can tell. Right now I can't get the Ford tracking website to load my information so I can't tell how much progress has been made on my Maverick.

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seems like our thinking is not that far apart. I said "some" hybrids may get rolled over while you think it will a large number including the late orders. Although lux and 360 are constraints, they apply to both hybrid and EB. The additional constraint is the components/chips, and modules that apply to only the hybrid model. That, it seems to me, is the crux of the problem. So how many hybrids get rolled over? Obviously, we do not know total number ordered. However, the brunt of the orders were in the first three months and the last month when rumors started about no more ordering. Yes, there are orders still out there from June, July, and August but I believe most are filled and this was the period with the most orders. That mountain has been brought down. With some of June, July, September, August, and three weeks of October to still be scheduled and with constrained parts, hopefully being produced and delivered, I am still going with "some"!

I think looking at allocations per month, especially at a few very large dealers may not really tell you what you think. If Ford, has the capacity and the parts, allocations be damned, the trucks will get built and sold in the last two or three months.

My two cents!!!🙂
Trucks are definitely going to get built, at a likely high rate, right up until the Oct 21 MY22 closeout. But I'm inclined to believe a lot of the trucks that get built toward the end will be dealer stock, as the components (Hybrid-unique stuff, which is presently limiting Ford to only 40% of all the remaining Mavs to be built, CP-360 at 32%, Lariat Lux @ 13%, XLT Lux at 14%) just aren't there to satisfy what I think are still a significant percentage of outstanding unscheduled orders.

While we'll eventually find out just how many Ford built & sold over the full MY22 production cycle, ultimately we will likely never know how many actually get rolled over to MY23; we'll hear from Long-McArthur and from Chapman how many they each had rolled over, but otherwise the only data we'll have is anecdotal. The truck is wildly popular, well beyond Ford's expectations, and dealers will have no trouble selling (at a markup) the "strays" that get built at the end of the production cycle that didn't have the Lux or the CP or whatever that many of us are holding out for.

In the end, it's just a truck. I'll get mine... someday.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
CP-360 at 32%, Lariat Lux @ 13%, XLT Lux at 14%)
Anybody know if the 32% for CP360 includes the Lariat Lux builds also? Since all Lariat Lux have CP360.

In other words is it 32 -13 = 19% of non Lariat Lux Mavs can have CP360?

Or are the Lux already removed from the 32% number?

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anybody know if the 32% for CP360 includes the Lariat Lux builds also? Since all Lariat Lux have CP360.

In other words is it 32 -13 = 19% of non Lariat Lux Mavs can have CP360?

Or are the Lux already removed from the 32% number?
Excellent question. @fordvideoguy has always presented them as distinct constraints, so I'd assume the Lariat Lux number of 13% takes into account that it includes CP-360, and that the 32% number is for the distinct addition of a CP-360 option to other trim levels.

But you know what they say about what happens when we assume! :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Excellent question. @fordvideoguy has always presented them as distinct constraints, so I'd assume the Lariat Lux number of 13% takes into account that it includes CP-360, and that the 32% number is for the distinct addition of a CP-360 option to other trim levels.

But you know what they say about what happens when we assume! :ROFLMAO:
The way I understand it is that 32% of the orders with the CP 360 will be able to order. Technically, the Lariat Luxury Package doesn't include the CP 360 but is required to order the Lariat Luxury Package.

Mav_27

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m getting pissed off. Supposedly my build date was 5-4 and I haven’t seen squat for updates. 34 days until my 1 year anniversary and it’s not even built…..wtf

DJF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
[
Trucks are definitely going to get built, at a likely high rate, right up until the Oct 21 MY22 closeout. But I'm inclined to believe a lot of the trucks that get built toward the end will be dealer stock, as the components (Hybrid-unique stuff, which is presently limiting Ford to only 40% of all the remaining Mavs to be built, CP-360 at 32%, Lariat Lux @ 13%, XLT Lux at 14%) just aren't there to satisfy what I think are still a significant percentage of outstanding unscheduled orders.

While we'll eventually find out just how many Ford built & sold over the full MY22 production cycle, ultimately we will likely never know how many actually get rolled over to MY23; we'll hear from Long-McArthur and from Chapman how many they each had rolled over, but otherwise the only data we'll have is anecdotal. The truck is wildly popular, well beyond Ford's expectations, and dealers will have no trouble selling (at a markup) the "strays" that get built at the end of the production cycle that didn't have the Lux or the CP or whatever that many of us are holding out for.

In the end, it's just a truck. I'll get mine... someday.
I agree, base non constrained trucks will get built for Ford's best dealerships before ALL customer orders for 22 are satisfied. Constrained builds from invisible dealerships are in for a very long wait. Model year 23 will be no different.

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The way I understand it is that 32% of the orders with the CP 360 will be able to order. Technically, the Lariat Luxury Package doesn't include the CP 360 but is required to order the Lariat Luxury Package.
@fordvideoguy Check out the first page of this thread. On tonight’s FB live there were questions about production numbers. The first page has the details.
Sponsored