n0maverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tiguan, 2022 Maverick, 2013 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats to all you guys who got a Maverick in April and to those who's Maverick started being built in April!! I'm looking forward to joining your ranks one day (hopefully soon).

Mine is supposed to be started on Monday (5/9).
1) What should I expect?
2) Will the window sticker be generated Friday, over the weekend, Monday, or at the end?
3) When will the "Ford Vehicle Order Tracking" site change me from "Order Confirmed" to "In Production"?

Inquiring minds want to know. :)
Mine is currently being built.

In production last thurs
window sticker last friday
window sticker update back from spray-in today
expect modules and "built" to update by end of the week.
ship possibly early next week

hope that helps
Sponsored

Fx4hOok

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2.0 FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
RIP Ranger

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And I’ve owned three of them!!

B181EDB0-4581-4968-842A-40716CCBA25B.jpeg

7E957227-D8A3-47B8-AA4F-FC6E545110BF.jpeg

F3CF2809-3CD1-477D-8804-84362B1680A8.jpeg
Did you order all 3 from the same dealer at the same time? If you get a few more colors you'll have a complete set! 🤣

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick; 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine is currently being built.

In production last thurs
window sticker last friday
window sticker update back from spray-in today
expect modules and "built" to update by end of the week.
ship possibly early next week

hope that helps
So your build date was 5/6 (shouldn't it have been 5/2 or 5/9?), but they actually started building it 4/28? That's encouraging. I'll check tomorrow and Friday to see if there's any movement on mine then.

Thanks

jimmyu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I fell bad for the 4000 people that bought an EcoSport.

Sponsored

n0maverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tiguan, 2022 Maverick, 2013 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So your build date was 5/6 (shouldn't it have been 5/2 or 5/9?), but they actually started building it 4/28? That's encouraging. I'll check tomorrow and Friday to see if there's any movement on mine then.

Thanks
5/2 was the build week during initial scheduling. closer to build week, like say 2 weeks before you will have an estimated build day. Mine is 5/6 (still part of the 5/2 build week). Who knows when it officially started or will be done. Modules may go active tomorrow and be marked built on Friday as scheduled. It's really anyones guess.

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Given that there are still Jun/Jul/Aug Hybrids unscheduled (primarily due to Lux package, but also other constraints) I would bet there are going to be a large number of those rolled over. I have no doubt that Ford can build all the ordered EBs, and further suspect that there will be a good number of dealer stock XL & XLT (non-Lux) EB and Hybrids produced toward the end of the run.

I've never really doubted the manufacturing capacity as far as volume, but the supply chain challenges (coupled with Ford's miscalculation of EB vs Hybrid order distribution) make it highly likely that late orders like me will be rolled to MY23. Ah well...

On the bright side, if I get a MY23, hopefully some of those first-year kinks will be worked out by the time I take delivery (likely first quarter CY23 given they won't start building them until 24 Oct and there will be a solid number of other rolled-over orders in front of me).
🤷‍♂️
Seems like our thinking is not that far apart. I said "some" hybrids may get rolled over while you think it will a large number including the late orders. Although lux and 360 are constraints, they apply to both hybrid and EB. The additional constraint is the components/chips, and modules that apply to only the hybrid model. That, it seems to me, is the crux of the problem. So how many hybrids get rolled over? Obviously, we do not know total number ordered. However, the brunt of the orders were in the first three months and the last month when rumors started about no more ordering. Yes, there are orders still out there from June, July, and August but I believe most are filled and this was the period with the most orders. That mountain has been brought down. With some of June, July, September, August, and three weeks of October to still be scheduled and with constrained parts, hopefully being produced and delivered, I am still going with "some"!

I think looking at allocations per month, especially at a few very large dealers may not really tell you what you think. If Ford, has the capacity and the parts, allocations be damned, the trucks will get built and sold in the last two or three months.

My two cents!!!🙂

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice! With these kind of numbers again, Ford may ne able to fill all current 2022 reservations by mid 2024!
Let's see... if Ford produces Mavericks at that rate, they'll total 108,000 by the end of September. (That's 26,000 in 2021, 36,000 in 2022 through April, 46,000 May-Sept at 9,200 per month.)

So... How many 2022 orders (not reservations) do you (or anyone else here) think there are?

I keep asking that question because people keep saying "There's no way Ford can fill all these orders." Yet no one seems to know what they mean by "all these orders." @nwcali6 lays it out pretty clearly:
I mean, how do we know it "doesn't look good" if we don't have a handle on the number of orders?

Last edited:

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are these sales figures just retail orders only? Or do they include sales in Canda and Brazil? What about Fleet orders where are those sales numbers, because they have to figure into the supply issues currently causing scheduling problems. I know Fleet orders don't count against dealership retail order numbers, but I'm sure they count against the number of Mavericks being build in the factory! I'm willing to bet a DD donut that some retail orders were held up while Fleet orders were made. Just my opinion, yours may differ. 😁

Reactions: DJF
Sponsored

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are these sales figures just retail orders only? Or do they include sales in Canda and Brazil? What about Fleet orders where are those sales numbers, because they have to figure into the supply issues currently causing scheduling problems. I know Fleet orders don't count against dealership retail order numbers, but I'm sure they count against the number of Mavericks being build in the factory! I'm willing to bet a DD donut that some retail orders were held up while Fleet orders were made. Just my opinion, yours may differ. 😁
The Ford press release says US sales so it would not include Canada, Mexico and the very small number shipped to South America. I would assume it includes fleet along with the retail sales.

Through the end of April, Ford has produced 61863 total and sold 42040 in the US. I'm guessing around 10,000 are still in transit to customers and 10,000 have been sold outside the US.

Last edited:

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

RIP Ranger
??? 😂 I love my Ranger, hopefully my wife loves her Mav as much when it gets delivered… tow with the Ranger and save fuel when not towing with the Mav..
I’ve had my Ranger a little over a year… other than gas mileage what’s not to like? It eats Tacos and Colorados all day long!!

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My teachers always said I would become a statistic if I didn't shape up. Well, I wonder what they would have to say now? April 27th delivery here.
You made it!

Mav_27

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
5/2 was the build week during initial scheduling. closer to build week, like say 2 weeks before you will have an estimated build day. Mine is 5/6 (still part of the 5/2 build week). Who knows when it officially started or will be done. Modules may go active tomorrow and be marked built on Friday as scheduled. It's really anyones guess.
I’m in the same situation. My build date was supposedly yesterday but I didn’t get a status update or active modules. Not sure how this is supposed to work. 😢
Sponsored