First Name
Joan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT-4k tow-FX4-Iconic Silver
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sometimes, in my area, they will put up radar-triggered speed signs to encourage drivers to slow down (not ticket cameras, just a digital speed shown). There is now one on a road I use regularly, and it is always 2 mph lower than the digital speed display in the truck. This is on a 35 mph road. I have the black FX4 rims with Pirelli AT tires.

A few days ago I pushed my luck, so I could buy gas at a preferred location. I pulled up to the pump with "6 miles to empty" warning in the dash display, and filled up with 16.454 gallons. It looks like the EB has a 16.5 gallon tank. So "miles to empty" does not appear to have a buffer or reserve, and is in fact how many miles you have until you run out!
Sponsored

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sometimes, in my area, they will put up radar-triggered speed signs to encourage drivers to slow down (not ticket cameras, just a digital speed shown). There is now one on a road I use regularly, and it is always 2 mph lower than the digital speed display in the truck. This is on a 35 mph road. I have the black FX4 rims with Pirelli AT tires.

A few days ago I pushed my luck, so I could buy gas at a preferred location. I pulled up to the pump with "6 miles to empty" warning in the dash display, and filled up with 16.454 gallons. It looks like the EB has a 16.5 gallon tank. So "miles to empty" does not appear to have a buffer or reserve, and is in fact how many miles you have until you run out!
Speedometers reading high is fairly common. On my Ducati’s, they were programmed 8% high (even said that in the owners manual!). I’ve read that oems face high fines in some countries if the speedo reads slower than the actual speed.

Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Most all new cars the speedometer favors being a bit higher than actual. There's no real incentive to be completely accurate. You think you're going faster than you really are.

I use Google maps and it's speedometer will read about 53-54 when my odometer is at 55.

As for the dte, remember that's the tank size.you also have the fill tube up to the nozzle. That's at least another quart or two.

Jimmyland

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Good to know about that miles to empty warning! đź‘Ť

ejouie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Maverick, Atlas Blue, FWD, EcoBoost, XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That the "useable" tank size. Forum members have discovered that there is a reserve, although the deeper you go into it the more likely you are to damage the fuel pump.

Sponsored

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I wouldn't rely on side of the road radar machines. If you load Waze on your phone for navigation it will use the phones GPS and show you your actual speed. When I do that I am within 1 mph on my truck at 70mph

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That the "useable" tank size. Forum members have discovered that there is a reserve, although the deeper you go into it the more likely you are to damage the fuel pump.
specifically, the high pressure fuel pump on the ecoboost models (because they have direct injection) is very intolerant of fuel starvation. it will overheat and die if it's not submerged in fuel.

sprcoop

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid, 66 Mustang Coupe, 2012 Focus DCT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On the first tank I took my Hybrid to 20 MTE. I just let the pump decide when to quit, no topping off. Surprised to see it took 13.8 G.

My brother had a 2001 Explorer that he claimed if the low gas warning light came on he better be pulling into a gas station cause it was just fumes at that point.

crgator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I used to always run my vehicles until the low gas light came on. Back then I usually had at least 75 -80 miles left. My last several vehicles though, I've not had nearly that much gas left, so I usually fill up when I go under 1/4 tank left. I did run the Mav down once to join the 600* club and put in 13.8. Not going to do it again though. Just don't want to risk running out.
Sponsored