Sponsored

Buy outright or max out the 3 year, 0% from Ford?

RustyF150

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Grand Marquis, '69 Chevelle SS L-78 Conv.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 8/3 ordered OW XLT Hybrid Lux Mooned Maverick should be arriving to my dealer soon. I'm interested in opinions as to weather to pay cash or have 3 years of higher monthly payments at 0% interest of say five to six hundred per month. At those monthly payments I'll need to layout only 10k or so at time of sale. I'm thinking that IF my vehicle turns into a lemon I wouldn't have laid out too big a chunk for it. What do ya think?
Sponsored

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You're still going to owe the note even if it turns out to be a lemon. The loan doesn't just magically disappear so I wouldn't really take that into consideration. At 0% interest, it generally makes the most financial sense to borrow as much as you can

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
I mean I don’t think it’s a bad idea…. I financed half on the 0/36 thinking similar and then had it paid off in 3 months…. No finance fees other than the dealers doc fee they were charging me even if I didn’t finance, so it made sense

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We're in a similar situation. I'm going to see how much they'll allow me to put on a CC ($30k limit, 2% cash back, 0% APR until January 2023) and then finance the rest for 3yrs. If, by total miracle, they allow me to put the entire thing on the card, we'll probably go with that and just pay it off next January.

Sponsored

pawalsh610

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Maverick 1st Edition Lariat, Mazda 2
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am not seeing the 0% option. Is it still being offered?

BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We're in a similar situation. I'm going to see how much they'll allow me to put on a CC ($30k limit, 2% cash back, 0% APR until January 2023) and then finance the rest for 3yrs. If, by total miracle, they allow me to put the entire thing on the card, we'll probably go with that and just pay it off next January.
My dealer charges 3% if you use a CC so not good. I did put $7k down and financed the $20k for 3Yrs 0%.

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you ordered your Maverick and 0% was offered before the rate increase you can still get the 0%. Dealership has to go into the smart Vincent system and check the produced or protected (forget which) one and you get the 0%.

Ricstar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep CJ7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you got the cash, I would put minimal down, the rest in the bank, its free money at that point, use the money to make payments and at the end have some left over.

OP
OP
RustyF150

RustyF150

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Grand Marquis, '69 Chevelle SS L-78 Conv.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't see the 0% offer on the "Build Site" anymore BUT it was there when I ordered in Aug so I'm assuming I'll get it. Assuming...

Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't see the 0% offer on the "Build Site" anymore BUT it was there when I ordered in Aug so I'm assuming I'll get it. Assuming...
Im in the same position. You have to have them pull the “smart Vincent” to get 0 percent. Any price increases and current promotions will not be applicable if we go with the 0 percent from when we ordered it.

Im going with 0 percent and putting $25k in a separate brokerage account under tickers SPY and QQQ. I will have $600 sold monthly and pay the car automatically. Markets have been falling and I predict a little bit more downside. Might put the money in before the truck gets here.

My1stFord

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With the rate of current inflation, I'd definitely finance as much as I could at 0%. You're paying no extra cash but the value of that cash is worth more today than over the next 3 years. If value is the only consideration, it makes sense to me to finance.

PNWMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is a pretty straightforward situation.
  • Use the 0% option, because it costs you nothing.
  • Keep your cash liquid and "put it to work" earning a return. Even if you just let it sit in a generic savings account at 2% you still earn more money. You also keep the cash liquid for emergencies or other potential events in life.
Sponsored