Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
https://www.broncosportforum.com/fo...on-to-be-paused-due-to-supply-shortages.2617/

I think we found our answer, no release, no need to provide chips for maverick, Hyundai is gonna enjoy a segment all to itself for now
what makes you think Hyundai has chips to go full production? Remember the new Frontier reveal a couple months back? Have you seen any press on it since then or expected date in dealer showrooms? And again, Santa Cruz reveal says IT's NOT a Truck! Not direct competition for what Maverick is targeting and I don't expect a lot of crossover shopping happening there or minds made up without comparison test drives and magazine tests to review.

OP
OP
ElMaverick

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
what makes you think Hyundai has chips to go full production? Remember the new Frontier reveal a couple months back? Have you seen any press on it since then or expected date in dealer showrooms? And again, Santa Cruz reveal says IT's NOT a Truck! Not direct competition for what Maverick is targeting and I don't expect a lot of crossover shopping happening there or minds made up without comparison test drives and magazine tests to review.
They can call it whatever they want, both small unibody vehicles with a bed that will target similar demographics, Hyundai has slowed down plants, but nothing in North America, unlike ford.

Also keep in mind Santa Cruz has made a public debut before as a concept and now as an actual model, way more hype than the maverick that no one really knows outside the forums.

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yea its entirely pedantic when people say the Santa Cruz isnt a truck and the Maverick will be. They're flat out the same vehicle and I hope Ford markets it the same way Hyundai does since they're aiming at the same market.

Hell Im fairly sure the Santa Cruz will be more capable to be perfectly honest. I think the Santa Cruz is shooting above where they thought Ford was aiming for the Mav since Ford is hindered by the existence of the Ranger and cant get too close in specs to that.

TrkNv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Xj and Rogue Sport
Yea its entirely pedantic when people say the Santa Cruz isnt a truck and the Maverick will be. They're flat out the same vehicle and I hope Ford markets it the same way Hyundai does since they're aiming at the same market.

Hell Im fairly sure the Santa Cruz will be more capable to be perfectly honest. I think the Santa Cruz is shooting above where they thought Ford was aiming for the Mav since Ford is hindered by the existence of the Ranger and cant get too close in specs to that.
From what I'm seeing engine/power in the Santa Cruz I'm leaning that way. 3500 Pounds of towing without a turbo is a big plus for me. I hope the Mav has some kind of comparable NA engine available. If not I wont feel so bad about buying a US made Korean vehicle.

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They can call it whatever they want, both small unibody vehicles with a bed that will target similar demographics, Hyundai has slowed down plants, but nothing in North America, unlike ford.

Also keep in mind Santa Cruz has made a public debut before as a concept and now as an actual model, way more hype than the maverick that no one really knows outside the forums.
Small-ish unibody 4 door vehicle with a bed is where similarities end. Ford intends Maverick to be an affordable entry level vehicle ("starting at $20K") to entice buyers because they quit making cars for the US market. Hyundai is still selling multiple cars at several price points while touting Santa Cruz as a lifestyle vehicle loaded with technology. Their missions could not be more different. You can bet the Santa Cruz pricing will be a good $10k higher at all trim levels as they target a different demographic.

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
agreed. I have zero interest in the santa cruz. I am hoping the Maverick is a totally different vehicle that would never be cross shopped with the SC.

Really hoping the Mav isnt a "lifestyle vehicle" Looking for cheap utilitarion SMALL work vehicles

DomN7

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota CHR
Small-ish unibody 4 door vehicle with a bed is where similarities end. Ford intends Maverick to be an affordable entry level vehicle ("starting at $20K") to entice buyers because they quit making cars for the US market. Hyundai is still selling multiple cars at several price points while touting Santa Cruz as a lifestyle vehicle loaded with technology. Their missions could not be more different. You can bet the Santa Cruz pricing will be a good $10k higher at all trim levels as they target a different demographic.
Good point, but what I don’t get is that the bronco sport starts at 26k, so how is Ford going to sell the Maverick starting at 6k less than the bronco sport which the Maverick will be based upon?

DomN7

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota CHR
The Ranger costs about $3k less than the full-size Bronco, XL to Base. That "Bronco to Ranger" relationship is essentially the same as the "Bronco Sport to Maverick" relationship.
One thing to remember is the the Bronco Sport Base already includes 4WD as standard, as well as other options I'm sure the Maverick Base/XL won't include. If Ford wants to make it cheap, they can make it cheap. That ~$20k model just won't have very much on it. As others have noted, the base will likely be a very stripped commercial style model. A bunch of cheap plastic, vinyl seats, 4" infortainment screen, possibly no keyfob, etc.
I'm sure the next level up, the one most normal people (not many on here apparently according to the posts) will start their shopping at, will probably start around $23k and include some of the usual creature comforts most people want. AWD by itself will probably be a $2-3k option.

I'm convinced the ~$20k will be a very stripped vehicle that very very few will actually go for, most of which are probably here in this forum, just to say they hit the number. As with any other vehicle, the highest take rate will likely be the mid level trims.
Thanks for clearing that up now that makes sense. So potentially a decently equipped Maverick with an 8 inch screen and AWD could be around 26-29k? I wonder how that will compare to the Santa Cruz similarly equipped. I personally like the look of the Santa Cruz better but if the Maverick is cheaper I’d be happy with it also, both great looking versatile vehicles.

Speed2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Sportwagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The chips that do arrive will be going into the top of the line version of whatever makes Ford the most money and a $20K truck will be last in line. GM is building Escalades left and right and getting sticker for them.
Sponsored