brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Long before Ford actually started taking orders for the Maverick, people could go to the Ford website and make a "reservation." However, once they actually started taking orders, all those people had to follow up with a dealer to select options, make a depsit, etc. At that point, you get a confirmation of your order, which is then processed through the dealer, delivered to the dealer to be sold to you, etc.

So, just because they had 100,000 reservations doesn't mean they had 100,000 orders. They probably do have roughly 100,000 orders, but they didn't have them all last August. And I assume they shut down taking new orders because they want to try and fulfill the orders they have. It's going to take a yeoman's effort; no one is arguing that. So, let's see how they do over the next couple months in terms of ramping up Maverick production, and that'll give us a better idea. Clearly, if they are heading into the back half of 2022 still needing to produce 60,000 trucks, it ain't gonna happen.
Reservations and orders technically started on the same day (6/9 if I recall correctly). Anyone could go online to build their maverick and send a reservation to a specific dealer, but you had to make an appointment and go to that dealer to do the paperwork in order to make the actual order (so orders were usually a few days after reservations).
Sponsored

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I ordered a Hybrid June 10th. Me and others that ordered in June/July/August were notified either last Thursday, Friday, or Monday that our trucks would be rolled over to 2023s. If you or anyone else ordered a Hybrid and don't have it scheduled for production yet...expect an very bad phone call very soon.
Pretty sure your dealer wasn't being honest with you and that they just screwed up your initial order, since there are plenty of folks with later orders who haven't been told anything of the sort.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks for the explanation. I must have missed that when I went through the process, I don't remember anything about reservations when I did the online bit and took a printout to my dealer. Then again, that was so very long ago.
Yeah, that reservation thing would have been going way back to last spring. I think they started taking orders in June.

dbmurray

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
"January production represents a 42.8% increase from December."

That's the most encouraging line in the entire report. I ordered my Maverick in January, so I now have some hope of perhaps taking delivery by June or maybe even May rather somewhere between the 4th of July and Christmas as I first estimated.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

"January production represents a 42.8% increase from December."

That's the most encouraging line in the entire report. I ordered my Maverick in January, so I now have some hope of perhaps taking delivery by June or maybe even May rather somewhere between the 4th of July and Christmas as I first estimated.
I also ordered in January and think you are being optimistic. Think about how many orders are in line before us. And look at the order tracker on this website. If you get a scheduled production date within 100 days of your order date, you are doing well, but keep in mind that the production date wil likely be a couple months out by the time you get one, and then it could take another several weeks to a month or more to get the vehicle from the plant to your dealer.

Based on what I am seeing from those who ordered last summer and are only now receiving their trucks or having them go into production, I would think October is a more realistic time frame. Sure, if Ford really ramps up production, it could be sooner. But that's a big assumption to make given current material shortages.

For both of our sakes, I hope I am wrong and you are right!

Sponsored

Churaumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fiat 500
Don't worry too much about a January order date. One of the frustrating things is order date doesn't matter much. Ford prioritizes so many other things that order rate is pretty irrelevant. Just ask all the people that ordered in June that still have no dates while some January orders are being built.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Meh, they can adjust the mix if they have the parts. The maverick doesn’t weigh substantially more so the overhead conveyors can handle them. They will likely start building 2/3 maverick if they can all summer. The bronco sport was a big deal at first but it sure has not sustained the initial interest. I imagine maverick will do the same mid third year.
So much else competes with the BS though- Maybe 1 other rig stands up (Santa Cruz) to the Maverick-

dbmurray

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I also ordered in January and think you are being optimistic.
May is overly optimistic for sure, but June may not be out of the question...again assuming they continue to build 40% more in the coming months than they did in December.

If people taking deliveries in January ordered in June last year, that's an average of seven months.

Say a dealership always had 70 orders in play and they had been receiving 10 deliveries per month through December. Then, in January, they started getting 14 deliveries per month. That 7-month average wait would drop to a 5-month wait.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

May is overly optimistic for sure, but June may not be out of the question...again assuming they continue to build 40% more in the coming months than they did in December.

If people taking deliveries in January ordered in June last year, that's an average of seven months.

Say a dealership always had 70 orders in play and they had been receiving 10 deliveries per month through December. Then, in January, they started getting 14 deliveries per month. That 7-month average wait would drop to a 5-month wait.
Yes, but you are assuming they started delivering vehicles in June. In truth, I think they really only started delivering vehicles late fall/early winter. Might even have been in December. I am sure someone here on this board can tell us when the first sales occurred. But my point is, the backlog is pretty big and it's definitely going to be a scramble for Ford to pull this off. I'm not saying they can't; I'm just saying they can't take too many days off and do it.

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Add the horrible allocation process in as well. Might not get a 22 at all.

Ford:

yeah ummmm….. Roll the dice

Sponsored

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a Hybrid June 10th. Me and others that ordered in June/July/August were notified either last Thursday, Friday, or Monday that our trucks would be rolled over to 2023s. If you or anyone else ordered a Hybrid and don't have it scheduled for production yet...expect an very bad phone call very soon.
I'm confused.

Your Friday 1/28/22 post on this said pretty much the same thing -- "All current and NON-SCHEDULED hybrid orders will not be fulfilled for the 2022 model year."

Then you edited it to say "Ford customer service confirmed that my order was still good to go and that I'm still in the queue and they are still making hybrids this year."

Then you edited it to say it only applied to dealers who were out of allocations.

Now it seems you are you back to saying that all unscheduled hybrids will not be built as MY 2022s.

Is this your final word on the subject?

Maverstang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata; Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford planned to make 80,000 units in MY22 (publicly announced), and this production number shows they are right on track, assuming a Sept/Oct close out.

New orders were cut off before hitting the production limit, so just about every order will be fulfilled in MY22, except maybe for a few corner cases at the end due to option/commodity mixes.

With this rate of production (both EB and hybrid), there appears to be no significant production or commodity issues (SIBL notwithstanding!).

Everyone here should be comforted by these facts, and should just settle in for the wait, knowing you’ll get yours before year end (with maybe a few corner cases rolled over).

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford planned to make 80,000 units in MY22 (publicly announced), and this production number shows they are right on track, assuming a Sept/Oct close out.

New orders were cut off before hitting the production limit, so just about every order will be fulfilled in MY22, except maybe for a few corner cases at the end due to option/commodity mixes.

With this rate of production (both EB and hybrid), there appears to be no significant production or commodity issues (SIBL notwithstanding!).

Everyone here should be comforted by these facts, and should just settle in for the wait, knowing you’ll get yours before year end (with maybe a few corner cases rolled over).
From your lips to God's ears!

Egz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 1967 Fairlady
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good numbers. For comparison: Hyundai Santa Cruz = 2,820 sales

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Good numbers. For comparison: Hyundai Santa Cruz = 2,820 sales
That SC is ugly, IMO. Can't see it really taking off, considering how much more expensive it is than the Maverick. Definitely will never have a cult following like this little truck.
Sponsored