Maverick size

Mark in Ark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
I have read in several articles that the Maverick will be smaller than the Ranger. Based on the pics of the test mules I have seen, it certainly looks lower, but it doesn’t look smaller in any other way. Is it supposed to be more of a compact pickup, or more of a decent sized unibody truck, like the Ridgeline?
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
As far as we know as of this writing, the Mav will be based on the same C2 unibody platform which underpins the current Escape and Bronco Sport. So it will be a little bit smaller than the Ranger in almost every way. Not by much I'll grant you. I think if you can find a Bronco Sport at a dealer near you and check out the size of that, you'll get an idea of what the front half of a Maverick will be like at least.

Maverick-Bronco Sport comparison: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/maverick-interior-size-speculation.19/

Hopefully Ford will officially announce this truck soon and we can get some more information about it.
After seeing the bronco sport in person I found it almt the perfect size if not a bit too narrow...I know dimension wise it's narrower than the escape it's based on, and that the sport and maverick almost share a front end, I do hope the maverick is a touch on the wider side, especially from how long it looks to be

KB8JXO`

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger Edge
Never under estimate the interior size of smaller vehicles. I've been an econobox owner since 1989, with Ford Festivas, Scion Xb 1st Gen., and Nissan Cubes. At 6 ft and at least 250# the small cars offered more head and leg room for me that most SUV and larger cars that I tried. I assume that the crewcab on the Maverck will allow me to move the front seat far enough for leg room, like my extended cab older Ranger does.

FutureOwnerInTN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV/Car
Engine
Undecided
Ya know, a lot of people have been saying that the Bronco Sport is/feels/looks small. But when I saw it in person I was actually surprised at how much bigger it was than people made it out to be. I know this isn't the Bronco Sport forum but I found this article to be pretty interesting regarding it's size and capability. It's basically equal or better than a first generation Explorer, a quintessential '90s SUV, in size, capability, efficiency, etc. I thought that really put things into perspective. The Bronco Sport only feels small because everything else out there has bloated in size so much. And I think the Maverick will fall into the same public classification of "it's so small", when in reality it's about the same as a previous generation Ranger.
That is a great article & comparison. Nice find.

FutureOwnerInTN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV/Car
Engine
Undecided
Never under estimate the interior size of smaller vehicles. I've been an econobox owner since 1989, with Ford Festivas, Scion Xb 1st Gen., and Nissan Cubes. At 6 ft and at least 250# the small cars offered more head and leg room for me that most SUV and larger cars that I tried. I assume that the crewcab on the Maverck will allow me to move the front seat far enough for leg room, like my extended cab older Ranger does.
At 6'4'' & alot of extra lbs this is my hope & also why i need the 4 door backseat area to recline. Wish that side shot of the truck on the line had showed a bit more of the seating position/height.

Reactions: Doc

Sponsored

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Based on the side shot of the bare metal spy image that was seen it looks like they cut back seat space a lot to have bigger bed. More bed space vs rear seat space is 100% the way to make a truck like this. I cant stand stand crew cab trucks in general so the less back seat, the better, especially at this small size of vehicle(more bed in relation).

I kinda hope you can order this thing as a fleet model without the back seat honestly. I would never use it, so im already planning to build a storage box back there in mine anyway. Haha.

99Mustang

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mustang 07 F150 17 Fiesta
I have read in several articles that the Maverick will be smaller than the Ranger. Based on the pics of the test mules I have seen, it certainly looks lower, but it doesn’t look smaller in any other way. Is it supposed to be more of a compact pickup, or more of a decent sized unibody truck, like the Ridgeline?
It looks like it will be about the same size as the Ridgeline. I think it will be a great little truck, I know I will be getting one as soon as they come out.

KB8JXO`

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger Edge
Having a "no rear seat" would be great. Only thing going back there are grocery bags or Basset Hounds. If not an option, I wonder how hard it would be to remove the seat.

FutureOwnerInTN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV/Car
Engine
Undecided
It looks like it will be about the same size as the Ridgeline. I think it will be a great little truck, I know I will be getting one as soon as they come out.
Guessing it will be a little smaller than the Ridgeline. Also not sure of the length yet. Still think it will be sized just right for what most of us want.
Ford Maverick Maverick size hrm.JPG

Ford Maverick Maverick size bsm.JPG

Ford Maverick Maverick size frm.JPG

OP
OP

Mark in Ark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Guessing it will be a little smaller than the Ridgeline. Also not sure of the length yet. Still think it will be sized just right for what most of us want.
hrm.JPG

bsm.JPG

frm.JPG
Thanks for posting, but that comparison is wrong. The Ridgeline is considerably wider than the Ranger. The Ranger is 73.3” excluding mirrors (which is the best measure of size), and the Ridgeline is 78.6” excluding mirrors. The difference is clear when driving them. The Ranger is more agile, but the Ridgeline feels much more secure on curves at speed.

Sponsored

FutureOwnerInTN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV/Car
Engine
Undecided
Thanks for posting, but that comparison is wrong. The Ridgeline is considerably wider than the Ranger. The Ranger is 73.3” excluding mirrors (which is the best measure of size), and the Ridgeline is 78.6” excluding mirrors. The difference is clear when driving them. The Ranger is more agile, but the Ridgeline feels much more secure on curves at speed.
Sounds good. That’s what I get for believing Google results.

rtcraft89

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E-500
Would the size be comparable to a slightly smaller Sport Trac? I had one in high school and it did all I ever needed it to.

99Mustang

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mustang 07 F150 17 Fiesta
Would the size be comparable to a slightly smaller Sport Trac? I had one in high school and it did all I ever needed it to.
The Maverick will be smaller than the current Ranger, So it will be much smaller than the Sport Trac which was Explorer based. Welcome aboard Trey.