Sponsored

Put in my order yesterday for my maverick xlt fx4. Overland Possibilities.

OLXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I placed my order for my maverick xlt eco boost fx4 yesterday. I wonder how this truck will be for overland adventures?
Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I think it will be good for camping. If a cap ends up becoming available for it that will hold a rooftop tent. I think we will start taking it camping. our island ist really typical overlanding, but setting up a camp for 2 or 3 days at the beach or mountain, with your own power, water, and food is typically what we do. We are also restoring a AMC Eagle which has enough room in the back for me and my wife. Our future Maverick with a top and tent. Would be perfect. She could drive out the Maverick with grandma and 2 of the 3 nieces/nephew and I could take 1 one of em and the dogs in the Eagle. We have 2 fridge freezers, a griddle, camp oven, a pop up, hammocks, and a RTT enclosed with annex. Kids up top in the tent, grandma in the annex, me and the wife under the stars in the back of the Eagle. Bring 30-40 gal of fresh water, popup, fridge, hammocks, and chairs in the Mav bed. Then load up boards or bikes and another fridge and solar setup in the Eagle, toss in a frisbee and we are good to camp. Since im a GingerSquatch I usually string up a few tarps for additional shade.

I think the Mav on its own would be pretty good overlanding. Maybe a hitch box kitchen with legs(to drop so you can open the tailgate) would make more room for other gear.

cannon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I placed my order for my maverick xlt eco boost fx4 yesterday. I wonder how this truck will be for overland adventures?
Overlanding is pretty extreme. I really love my mav, but that's just not what this was built for.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Depends on how extreme you want to go. Given that it's not really a spectacularly capable off road vehicle, you will be limited in where you can get to. I'd like to get a pop up trailer and use it to camp but it's not clear how roughly you can really rough it.

I don't think the bed is really big enough for a rooftop trailer seeing as how it's only 4 1/2 feet long. And what does "overlanding" really mean?

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Overlanding is pretty extreme. I really love my mav, but that's just not what this was built for.
Overlanding is just camping, but not at a KOA. The Maverick is good enough for just about any park trail or fire road. Overlanding doesnt have to include rock crawling or deep river crossing. If you dont believe me watch the Mowverlanding episode of Dirt Every Day.

Sponsored

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Overlanding is just camping, but not at a KOA. The Maverick is good enough for just about any park trail or fire road. Overlanding doesnt have to include rock crawling or deep river crossing. If you dont believe me watch the Mowverlanding episode of Dirt Every Day.
Overlanding is just what you do to get there..... you know, camping ✔🇺🇸

ArgleZ

First Name
Arian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson SE
I’ve see a few Mavericks videos doing seriously enough off-roading and handling pretty good in deep snow and mud, with just a 2” lift and better tires the Maverick can be a little giant !!

coreyat

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I am hoping four wheel campers make a project m pop up camper for the maverick. It would be perfect for me. Take a hot on mpg but being able to pop up the camper and sleep over the cab and still have room to cook if needed or any other storage or amenities inside would be ideal. Then if they every come out with a hybrid then I’ll switch to that with the project m camper. I don’t see why they wouldn’t, it’s already in the escape I think. Could build a pretty sweet set up even in the small box and be able to stand up inside and get out of the weather. Not for any serious overlanding but I have a couple serious electric off road bike that take me anywhere I need to get seriously off grid.

Moby

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 sprinter van 65 chevy 11 Doka syncro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I think it will be a great economical over lander. I have an XL AWD 4 k tow and 400 w inverter on order and intend to outfit it . The truck will get a level lift, some skid plates and the best tires I can fit. I have a small slide in camper that folds out like a roof top tent ,and you can stand up in it . It will tow a 4x8 aluminum trailer with a Honda CRF 300 L loaded . My thought is go as far as the Maverick can , then set up camp . Unload the bike and explore the area . I will put up pictures when we have the truck and it is set up to go .